Lee W

Introduce Yourself!

Hello my name is Glen A. and I live in southern Indiana and just north of Louisville Kentucky. I have contributed to my 401 and pension for the past 19 years recently opened a Brokeragelink account  with Fidelity so could have more control over my investments. I'm excited to learn how to day trade and see if it is a good fit for me. I look forward  to  meeting People on the forum and to learn from them. Thanks

8 hours ago, Glen Ayres said:

Hello my name is Glen A. and I live in southern Indiana and just north of Louisville Kentucky. I have contributed to my 401 and pension for the past 19 years recently opened a Brokeragelink account  with Fidelity so could have more control over my investments. I'm excited to learn how to day trade and see if it is a good fit for me. I look forward  to  meeting People on the forum and to learn from them. Thanks

Welcome Glen, I went to Purdue in IN, go Boilermakers! I agree with having control over your investments, personally I manage my own investment account with ETF and indices vs a 401(k). I rather have the control to withdraw and not wait until I am in a wheelchair to use my money lol. Trading is a great way to supplement your income and I get a trade or two in with the boys before work. Beats anything else to have a side hustle. 

Hi everyone!

My name is Kostas and I am from Greece. I am 26 years old, I'm a military doctor and I aspire to become an orthopaedic surgeon.

I never had any contact with economics and markets (except for my father being an economist and I was learning some stuff here and there), until a few days before, when I came across Andrew's first book. Last few weeks I expressed some interest on cryptocurrencies. As I was browsing Amazon for cryptocurrency books, I saw How to Day Trade for a Living, with an astonishing number of positive reviews, and although I was inherently fearful of markets (I always considered them according to common opinion too manipulated, something that you needed to be an insider to get a profit) I decided to give it a try. I finished it in a sitting and went to Advanced Strategies in Day Trading, made a further reading list of psychology, technical analysis, etc, and at the same time scoured this site and youtube channel.

I was finally attracted, first by the demanding nature of the business, that in order to succeed someone needs for example to balance his emotions and be in an optimal physical condition. And second, the time frame of taking decisions, based on many factors, in a matter of seconds and minutes intrigued me, it's not at all different from my profession of medicine after all. I actually believe the one can me make better at the other and vice versa.

I'm also lucky I live in Europe, EST+7, so in normal days my working hours won't be a severe interference for NY stock market. I don't intend to ever leave medicine, it's something I love, but I don't intend to take day trading lightly either. I'm up for the challenge, and have great energy to unlock a new serious potential. 

I'm really happy to be here guys, and I'll be happy to get to know more of you better along the way.

Thanks.

Edited by Konstantinos Spanos

Hi, everyone !!!!

Finally joined this awesome community. My name is Alex, I'm 38 and I live in Los Angeles.  Work with 3D computer graphics. Already have learned a lot from youtube recaps and premarket show. Eager to learn more and be helpful to the community of great people.

🙂

Thanks.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, temiroff said:

Hi, everyone !!!!

Finally joined this awesome community. My name is Alex,

Welcome to the community Alex! Your job sounds like a lot of fun! I am sure is a lot more than just fun. 😀

See you in chatroom!

1 hour ago, Carlos M. said:

Welcome to the community Alex! Your job sounds like a lot of fun! I am sure is a lot more than just fun. 😀

See you in chatroom!

It is fun ha 🙂 no complain. But I like trading as well :). Thanks Carlos

Hi guys, my name is Rick, I'm an Australian but have been living in the UK for 3 years working as a paramedic. Currently in Squamish B.C. with my girlfriend's family for a month off before moving back to Western Australia.

Been following along on youtube for a few months now and super keen to dive into the material and start practicing with all this lovely time off I have! I'm not able to work in Canada with my job so I'm super excited to have discovered day trading via Andrew's book and am dedicated to working hard on trading to eventually be able to live in Canada. I look forward to being able to follow along in the chatroom now!

Cheers.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, temiroff said:

It is fun ha 🙂 no complain. But I like trading as well :). Thanks Carlos

Excellent! Welcome once again! 

1 hour ago, Rick van Brakel said:

Hi guys, my name is Rick, I'm an Australian but have been living in the UK for 3 years working as a paramedic.

Hey Rick welcome to the community!! We are glad to have you, sounds like a perfect time for you to get into trading. Having that free time and availability you can really give Day Trading a fair shot!

Welcome and also thanks for the amazing work you do of saving lives! Real life heroes. 🙏

Hi everyone, 

My name is Kristof I found this community about two month ago via my friend. I read  the "first book" of Andrew and  study hard beside my full time work. (cab driver)  I live in the UK for 9 years , I`m a Hungarian dad of one beautiful girl.  I have never traded but as I am a super excited learner I hope will get there soon. 🙂

See you in London and in the chat.

• Like 1

Hi Folks,

My name is Mark and I currently live in Vancouver but am originally from Scotland having moved to Canada 24 years ago. I recently retired and have been looking for a second career that I can make a little money, have some fun and learn something new. 

I worked in the software industry all my career and spent seven years building software to value derivatives - in that time I knew lots of people who left to day trade and not one made money at it long term (or at least not enough to support their lifestyle).

I joined to learn as fast as I can from those gone before me and to figure out in these next 3 months if trading is for me,

Cheers

M

• Like 1

Hey Everyone,

My name is Jordan, I'm a 24 year old from Dawson Creek, BC Canada(No not the TV show lol). Only a short 12 hour commute NORTH from Vancouver(Yes its very cold).  I work here as a Power Engineer in the Oil & Gas Industry and I was looking for something to focus my energy into so I could hopefully provide myself with a second stream of income, and possibly a new career path in the future.

After a few years of losing money on long term investing in the market,  I picked up both of Andrews books and decided to pursue Day Trading.  I have been active in the community for a 6 months now, trained in SIM for 4 months and just started trading live 2 months ago.  Hoping to become more involved with the community in the future, and hope to get into a Vancouver meetup one day!

Thank y'all for the amazing community!

JJ

5 hours ago, Kristof Pokay said:

Hi everyone, 

My name is Kristof I found this community about two month ago via my friend. I read  the "first book" of Andrew and  study hard beside my full time work. (cab driver)  I live in the UK for 9 years , I`m a Hungarian dad of one beautiful girl.  I have never traded but as I am a super excited learner I hope will get there soon. 🙂

See you in London and in the chat.

Kristof! 

Welcome to the community! We are glad to have you with us. Sometimes is better not to have any trading experience and build habits the right way. Could be easier than trying to get rid or change old habits! 🙂

3 hours ago, Mark Chesser said:

Hi Folks,

My name is Mark and I currently live in Vancouver but am originally from Scotland having moved to Canada 24 years ago. I recently retired and have been looking for a second career that I can make a little money, have some fun and learn something new. 

I worked in the software industry all my career and spent seven years building software to value derivatives - in that time I knew lots of people who left to day trade and not one made money at it long term (or at least not enough to support their lifestyle).

I joined to learn as fast as I can from those gone before me and to figure out in these next 3 months if trading is for me,

Cheers

M

Hey Mark!

Welcome to BBT
That's very interesting and so true. Many that try to learn to day trade to support a certain lifestyle are likely not to make it very far. Trading is something that takes time before the reward is received and consistency is build. And if people start with the pressure to make a living out of it immediately usually end up failing and giving up. Glad that you are aware of those pitfalls. Smart approach to try it out for couple of months and see if this is for you. We know trading is not for everyone but if your going to try it give it your best shot and see where it takes you. 

Once again welcome!

• Like 1