_cameaton

Swing Trade Market Replay list

Trying to find ways to practice swing trade set ups and look for entries but for days in the past (3 mos+ in the past). Anyone know of a way to find key stocks at any given point in time? For example, I want to go through a market replay from July 1, 2021 and practice an entry, then fast forward to see how I would have done. Just need a way to scan for stocks on this day. Thanks!

Hi there

If you are new to swing trading/trading in general, I find good info on YouTube-TD Ameritrade Swing Trade  - John McNichol + others from TDA. They also have scanner in TDA - TOS. I also use scanner on Trading View. Hope this is helpful. Numerous ways to keep swing trade lists: ie just trade SPY, QQQ or XL?? ETFs for starters., move on to trending stocks....list grows too big then you might want to have a Growth Stock List of your own trending stocks ....hope this is food for thought. 

You can also get great info on TD Ameritrade Webcasts.....they have daily scheduled training lessons ..no cost...:TD Ameritrade Webcasts (thinkorswim.com)

On 10/20/2021 at 8:40 PM, vchandra11 said:

Hi there

If you are new to swing trading/trading in general, I find good info on YouTube-TD Ameritrade Swing Trade  - John McNichol + others from TDA. They also have scanner in TDA - TOS. I also use scanner on Trading View. Hope this is helpful. Numerous ways to keep swing trade lists: ie just trade SPY, QQQ or XL?? ETFs for starters., move on to trending stocks....list grows too big then you might want to have a Growth Stock List of your own trending stocks ....hope this is food for thought. 

You can also get great info on TD Ameritrade Webcasts.....they have daily scheduled training lessons ..no cost...:TD Ameritrade Webcasts (thinkorswim.com)

It was my understanding that holing QQQ for more than one day doesn't work because it gets "recalibrated"? Can you provide some information on that?

Hi there

I am not sure what you mean by "recalibrated". Daily data is stored for all stocks and ETFs by basically all data service providers. Attached is one year of data for QQQ from Trading View which can be replayed. Hope this helps. Thanks.

QQQ_2021-10-22_16-28-02.png