JCurry

New trader in Texas

Hi everyone, I finally broke down and purchased a monthly membership today. I first read Andrew's Book "How to Day Trade for a Living" almost 2 years ago. However, before I could get serious about it I started in a new role at work, so it kind of fell to the way side and I forgot about it for a long time. I don't recall what made me think about it last month but I decided it was worth looking into again and I re-read the first book and started the second book. I work in IT and my schedule is flexible so I can easily trade for at least 1-2 hours in the morning. I plan to practice in the simulator for at least 3 months before even thinking about going live. 

I'm also a former software developer and I still have to read/write C++/C# code for my job quite a bit. The fact that IB and DAS have an API/SDK is very appealing to me.

I am a trader from Frisco TX too.

How's your trading journey coming along during last 2 years? I am in IT too but more into swing trading in equities / options. Working on developing day trading edge as i expect to have free time in the morning in the months ahead.