navigata7

Reversals vs. Refractions

Hi all. I am fairly new to trading, so still trying to find a strategy that works for me. I like the idea of using short term moving average crossovers to make short swing trades over a span of ideally 3 to 5 trading days. The crossover itself seems to work well, but I am struggling with finding the right stocks to play on a reversal trend. A lot of times I find myself opening trades with short term refractions (matter of only 1 to 2 days) and keep getting stopped out because the refraction keeps going in a downtrend (I am focusing on bullish trades for now). My question to you is the following:

1) What can I combine with reversal candlesticks (bullish engulfing and hammer) to improve my confidence in a reversal (or even a big refraction) vs. a small refraction that only lasts a day or two?

2) If you have suggestions, how successful are your predictions of a true reversal? Ideally, anything above 50% would be great.

Thanks in advance.