krooto

Day Trading as a Limited Company in the UK

Hey guys,

I'm starting this thread to learn a bit more from people that have experience (or knowledge) about trading US stocks from the UK via a limited company.

Obviously, anyone visiting this thread should get advice from an accountant before actioning anything that they have learnt on here. This thread is just a place to share knowledge and experience.

I have very little knowledge about tax, and would like to hear some of your views. My broker is CMEG (Trinidad and Tobago), and I trade the US stock market. Is there anything that I should be aware of if I plan to trade using this setup via a limited liability company? Will I have to pay US tax? Will I have to pay T&T tax? Are there extra forms that I have to fill out for HMRC because of this setup?

Is it even financially advantageous to trade using this setup? Or is it better to just trade as an individual?

I will be asking my accountant over the next few days so will post anything that I learn.

Thanks in advance!

• Like 1

Those questions you oped there are very interesting, I am afraid I haven't got the answers for them, though if you found out for yourself I would really appreciate if you could share that information with us too. 

Thank you @krooto!

Cristhian Arce

• Like 1

Hey guys,

Happy new year, I hope that you are all doing well 🙂

Just a quick update regarding trading from the UK as a limited company. I have asked my tax accountant to look into this, and unfortunately the situation is that they are moving at a snail's pace. This is because of the 31st Jan deadline for self-assessment, so they have a large backlog and my query appears to have slipped to the bottom of the pile. As soon as I get a response, I will update you all!

In the meantime, stay green! 🙂

Kind regards,

Krooto

Hi @krooto

Did you find any further information on this topic?

I myself am in the same position as you were back in December 2020. 

It would be great to have such information available for new UK BBT members looking to progress from sim to live and assist with their own research on the best setup from the UK.

Many thanks in advance

James

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.