Jump to content

We have moved to Discord. Please click here to join us in the Trading Terminal Discord server.



These forums are read-only.

James F.

Changing the PDT rule.

Recommended Posts

James F.

Andrew mentioned in the chatroom today that eventually the PDT rule will change. I agree that eventually it will change, but how long will it take to change it? If we can be proactive, maybe the change will come sooner. I found this link to a change.org petition where someone is already trying to change this rule ( Change the PDT Rule - This petition was created by another James, not me). Nevertheless, I think that as a community, we should be proactive in getting this rule changed because there are many people out there with less than $25K that are missing out on possible income opportunity. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Carlos M.

Hey James, just signed it as well. I agree with Andrew, I think eventually it will go away or be reduced. Unlike before a lot more people want to trade, there is power in numbers. 

Also with all the changes in brokers in our field, it would not surprise me if this does happen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mhileman

I just signed it as well.  That would be nice if they would as it might keep traders from going out of the United States to International Brokers so they can trade with the money they have available to them.  I can swing having a membership and the tools but not the $25k or $30k minimum depending on the broker you choose. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[[Template core/front/global/mobileNavigation is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.