Robert H

Journal Templates

@Glenn Budde You are on the right track, just need to copy and paste under the column headers into the Journal. Once you have the CSV file, you can open it with excel and copy the data from it then paste it into the journal. 

1501525975_TradeLog.JPG.98454da54955ce074a05de6ae2069c67.JPG716997067_JournalTrades.thumb.JPG.62648a9c278767195576677398cf14dd.JPG

Hey Everyone,

Great information and ideas on your journals. I know this thread it a bit dated and call me old fashioned but does anyone use a paper journal? If so what format or type of layout do you use?  While I like electronic journals I find I revisit what I put on  paper more frequently. 

-Trent

15 hours ago, Trenton Atwood said:

Hey Everyone,

Great information and ideas on your journals. I know this thread it a bit dated and call me old fashioned but does anyone use a paper journal? If so what format or type of layout do you use?  While I like electronic journals I find I revisit what I put on  paper more frequently. 

-Trent

Hi Trent, not me. I use a OneNote journal. If your preference is a paper journal, just replicate some of the templates shared here in the forums.

Are you planning to print stock charts and DAS screens for your journal in paper?

Thats a good idea. Being new I hadn't thought about how important it might be to have the stock charts and screens available for review ... in order to incorporate that it seems like an electronic based journal might be best. 

Just now, Trenton Atwood said:

Thats a good idea. Being new I hadn't thought about how important it might be to have the stock charts and screens available for review ... in order to incorporate that it seems like an electronic based journal might be best. 

Right! Try Chartlog: https://www.chartlog.com/auth/login

• Like 1

Carlos,

I love the One Note journal you posted (2 years ago!)  and wondered if you are still using it, or have you moved to something else, or improved it?  I'm trying BBT out right now and want to switch from "alert" type of subscriptions which, as you know, do not really work out over time!  I find this education-based program to be more to my liking.  I have been looking for a fairly simple journal, but also one that allows plenty of room for my observations, comments, etc.  Thanks for any help!

I have a question regarding journaling and stop-loss. In my current journal I screenshot the 5min/1min/15min chart of the stock I traded and then evaluate whether my setup was correct, if I took partials too early, If I broke rules etc. However in doing this I can never see where my stop-loss was as the screenshot is taken after the fact. Does anyone have a solution to this? Sometimes after evaluating my trades I realized that I was stopped out however my stop-loss may have been to close to entry.

On 4/25/2019 at 9:55 PM, JD said:

I was looking for the daily score card that Brett Steenbarger suggests but couldn't find anything to incorporate in my journal so I came up with my own custom journal. I borrowed a lot of what Robert has in his journal template and made an excel file that is formula driven when the trade log is exported and pasted into it. I copy the day tab that is currently labeled "04.25" and pull in my trade log from Das in there, then update the Summary sheet tab using the existing Hlookup formulas.

Here's a copy of the file if anyone is interested.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1WcUmRE2lMy3jyf8UICQXdRXU1m7LUFgk

Journal.JPG

Hi JD!

That's a Great journal! 

I'm making like that right now!

Just I have problem understanding, how to update 'Summary Sheet' ? How to add New Day? You copy paste existing colapsable day (+ on left) ? And when you add new day, does all cells update automatically? Or inside HLOOKUP formulas you need to change 'sheet name' example: 04.26?

And there is a table in first page (highlighted in screenshot) how does that help you? is it copy from DAS Trader?

Thanks!

Paul

Screen Shot 06-09-2020 at 13.01.png

Screen Shot 06-09-2020 at 13.05.png