jamreb@gmail.com

Day trade with DAS Trader and Options?

I was wondering if anyone day trades options with DAS Trader? I want to start day trading options because I can't afford stocks like AAPL, BABA, TSLA, AMZN, NFLX, etc.. But DAS Trader doesn't have the greeks (I asked after looking for them and not finding them). I don't see how/why someone would day trade options without knowing the Delta on any given option.

I do have ThinkorSwim with live data so I could use that just to see the Delta and then use DAS Trader to execute the trade, but I'd hate to add the extra steps and have even more software open and running.

Does anyone else day trade options? What do you use?

I am in the same boat. DAS Trader UI is not good for trading simple options, let alone spreads. I use TOS for analysis and trading, at high brokerage. I like IB brokerage for Options, but I have not given their TWS platform a try yet.

Edited by svb333031

In my opinion TWS sucks. But at least it's free (as opposed to DAS).

If you're doing spreads it sounds like you're also swing trading options? Have you checked out Tastyworks? It's an awesome brokerage/platform geared toward swing trading options. It makes doing spreads / multi-legged trades very easy.

Yes, and they're great. I don't really swing trade options anymore (trying to focus on day trading stocks), but I do still have an account with them. Their commissions are great (one cool thing is that there's no cost to close the trade), support is great, and their platform makes it easy to create simple or more complex orders (iron condors, many kinds of spreads, strangles, straddles, etc.). Definitely worth checking out.