Lee W

Introduce Yourself!

I'll get this started.

My name is Lee and I'm in Atlanta, GA. I'm somewhat new to day trading, but not new to swings and long term investing. I've been studying various types of trading for years and have been successful at swings and long term.

After a 15 year stint in corporate and municipal finance, I decided it was time for something else. Day trading has become that. I'm in the DAS simulator now and am learning new strategies, risk management, and understanding the psychology of trading. I'm grateful that I found Andrew and this group. So far, I'm enjoying it and am looking forward to a successful career.

So speak up! Introduce yourself!

• Like 4

Aloha,

my name is Paul and I live on Maui. I have been interested in trading for years and finally had an opportunity when I sold my snorkel business. I am a single father raising two beautiful girls (4 and 6) and love that I can be done with my trading day usually before my girls even wake up, thanks to the time difference in Hawaii. I read Andrew's book among many other and really liked his style so I joined his classes and got a simulator account. I traded in the Simulator for 4 months and went live December 1st. I feel so fortunate to have found Andrew's book and day trading, it has changed my life. The chatroom offers great support and camaraderie, I couldn't think of trading without it.

Many Mahalo's to Andrew and Pez and all the support staff.

• Like 4

Hey everybody! I'm Francois and I live in Canada. I'm 23 and I work in construction since I'm out of school but I hate it! So now that I've accumulated enough money I'm trying to switch careers! I feel confident that in 1-2 month i'll be a full time day trader but for now i'm mostly flat

• Like 3

Hi Everybody! My name is Ryan (Ryan W in the chatroom). I live on Long Island, NY and I'm an IT consultant with my own business. I have been in IT for about 15 years now (I'm 32 and got started when I was 15). I have Bachelor's Degree in Business Management with a concentration in Information Systems.

I have always been interested in trading. One of my best friends is Jesse Colombo (look him up). He introduced me to trading and finance in general while we were in high school, but of course I was only concerned with girls at that time lol. As I got older, I realized how interesting the markets are. I love staring at charts and trying to understand the underlying sentiment and what is happening on the screen. I started swing trading more actively in 2010 and was basically just treading water. I wasn't a fan of the overnight risk and after having awoken to several of my positions being down due to news or earnings, I realized swing trading wasn't great for me. I started to look into day trading. I got involved with Trading Education company here in NY and provided IT services for them. I was exposed to day trading more and was really enthralled by what was happening. Of course, this particular company wasn't known for the most honest and realizable trading education, so I took what I saw with a grain of salt. I received some exposure to some really great traders and mentors though, but their strategies and styles never really worked for me. After almost 4 years of day trading and having whipsaw emotions and losses, I am happy I found Andrew. I bought his book and was literally on the verge of giving up, but seeing how he trades and understanding his style and strategy has helped me immensely!

The IT field has changed dramatically from when I first got started, even when I was in school (seems like a million years ago) and I am just sick and tired of it. I have been wanting to switch over to full time trading for years now, but the strategy I was trying to make work never worked. The person that taught me doesn't trade this style (even though he teaches it) and it just ended up costing me a lot of time and money. Now that I am on the right track with Andrew, I really hope to move over to full time trading sooner than later. Since I work for myself, I am able to balance trading and my clients. Of course, some days that's not always the case, but it does give me the opportunity to have the exposure I need.

I look forward to working with everybody both here in the forum and in the chat!

• Like 4

Hi,

My name is Farhan and I live in NJ. I've been dabbling in the spot FOREX markets for a few years and blown up some live accounts. Decided to take this seriously and start trading the equities market.

I look forward to learning from everyone and become a trader.

• Like 1

Hi all! My name is Jason (Jason H. in chat) and I live and work in Minneapolis, Minnesota. I am a User Experience Designer at a startup and lead a small team of designers. I got interested in day trading about a year ago but only started taking it seriously in November. I enjoy a lot of hobbies and side gigs. I work as a stunt coordinator in the film business, teach acrobatics and stunt work, design and build hardware products, and tinker with whatever is on hand. Ultimately I hope that trading will give me the flexibility to pursue the other work I enjoy.

• Like 2

Hello! I am Dylan, and I am currently a freshman at the University of Washington studying computer science. After accumulating enough to day trade, I was intrigued by the idea of making .5%-1% a day on my portfolio. I started trying to day trade without educating myself properly, eventually realizing I had no idea what I was doing. I am grateful for Andrew's book as it led me here, and this website/live chat have been very helpful for me.

• Like 1

Hi I'm Hannan, live in Vancouver Canada. I've been swing trading for 2 years, recently read Andrew's book and have decided to try day trading. I feel day trader is a great idea, it's safer not to expose all my investment into the market all the time. Just purchased the 3 months simulator, with Andrew's layout and hot keys, training starts! Hope you meet you guys offline in the future. Cheers! P.S. anyone using WeChat please add me at : qq99652539

• Like 1

Hi all...my name is Amy (Amy G in chat). I live in the Dallas / Fort Worth, TX area. I work in healthcare. I'm a CT Scan Tech who works in the ER. I LOVE what I do and have no interest at this time of leaving my career to pursue trading. I would like to use trading to build up my retirement account. I am very fortunate to have a schedule that allows me to be in the stock market for the first few hours of the day without interfering with my full time job.

I have been interested in trading for years but most of the time I just did not have the time and/or money to really get into it. In Feb. 2015 I found Day Trade Warrior (Ross Cameron) and after a couple of months I was breaking even with live day trading. I like some things about his stuff (day trading) but other things I was not so crazy about. In May 2015 I was faced with an unexpected divorce so I put all trading aside because I just was not in the right frame of mind for trading. About a year after my divorce I started looking at trading again and this time I looked at futures. After a few months I was doing so-so with futures, but I just have never been as excited about futures as I was stocks.

I was reading an email one day about a month or so ago from Amazon.com and it was book recommendations based on books I had purchased in the past. At the top of that list was Andrew's book and it caught my attention. I went to Amazon and read some of the reviews and then bought the book. It wasn't until after I bought the book that I discovered Andrew's site. I have signed up with the 1 year chat, classes, and 3 months of DAS simulator. I just started chat and DAS simulator a few days ago. I hope after 1 year to be averaging $500 per day with real money.

• Like 1

Hi everyone, I'm Patrick and I live in the Orlando Florida area. I run my own business (I'm a DJ for weddings and events) which doesn't have much of a connection to the financial markets but I actually got my degree in finance and so I've had some interest in the markets for quite a while. I. like many others here, would like to put myself in a position where I know I can make consistent money from the markets.

Found Andrew through the Desire to Trade Podcast interview and bought the audio book (I prefer audio books because I'm a slow reader) and thought he made a lot of sense. I've been down just about every road in trading, stocks, options, forex, futures and my journey has been somewhat of a roller coaster ride. I'd like to say that I've made more than I've lost, which is true more recently but I have blown up a few times.

I've just started the learning process here with Andrew's methodology. I like what I've seen and I'm looking forward to learning a lot here.

• Like 2

Not sure how to edit my reply above, but I wanted to add that I am Patrick C in the chat, since I know I'm not the only Patrick. :-)

Hello all, I'm David (Smith) so one of the three or four 'David S' in chat. I live in southwestern Connecticut. After a career of 30 years in IT, including consulting and development work, I had just grown weary of dealing with clients on a daily basis. I too have a finance degree as others have mentioned here, but after that fateful first job out of college, I was well down the IT path. Have always had an interest in the markets, and based on proximity to where I live have many friends that are full-time Wall Street types.

Started reading and learning about day trading in the Fall of 2016 and began trading exactly a year ago today, so Jan 10th 2017. Would love to say I was a huge success, but had a couple of day trades that I turned into "investments" because I couldn't let go of the loss the day I entered the trade. Only to liquidate months later with much greater losses. By September, outside of my two big mistakes, I was more or less breakeven from a gain loss perspective but my p&l was bad because of commissions. Needed to change up things and looked around for some additional reading material and found Andrew's book. Really like how unassuming and down to earth his approach is and accessible to new traders. Signed up for chat, classes and sim where I traded Oct-Nov-Dec. Back live now in January and working towards consistency. My biggest enemy right now is overtrading, and that is my primary objective for the next few months, take only well thought out trades and don't jump into anything.

Really like the chat community and look forward to hearing more about your successes and challenges as we all build our trading competency.

Cheers.

• Like 4

Hey everyone, I'm Carlos G. I've been a member for a few weeks now and I love it! I served in the Marine Corps, worked on helicopters afterwards, and now I'm a senior pursuing a degree in mechanical engineering. I've been a NASA Pathways Intern at the Johnson Space Center for the last few years, and I don't plan on giving up my career anytime soon. However, I really enjoy day trading and hope to supplement my income knocking out a few trades in the morning before work. I'm currently saving up $25k to get past the PDT rule, so I'll be in the sim until then! Good thing, too. I probably would have lost all of my money by now. lol, I'm getting better though! I hope to go live by the end of the year. ; )

• Like 4

Greetings all - my name is Wesley (Wesley P in chat) and I'm as new to day trading as can be. I'm not even sure of the initial spark that led me to investigate day trading in the first place, but somehow I found myself down the rabbit hole. Over a couple of weeks, I spent hours on YouTube watching vids about a multitude of trading aspects, and pretty quickly the need for some kind of trading education became evident.

One way or another I discovered Andrew's book and purchased it from among a handful I reviewed due to what I perceived to be plain-spoken candor about the risks and rewards of day trading. I also liked his bare-bones approach to laying out day trading.

I completed the book over the holidays and tomorrow my first week of the 3-month sim program will conclude. I have no prior market experience. I'm self-employed for the past five years after 15 years working for Web agencies. I do pretty OK (knock on wood) but as those of you here who are self-employed know, killing what you eat day-in day-out is a grind and it doesn't take much to upset your financial equilibrium.

I still answer to clients, too, despite being an independent, and I guess that's just not quite good enough. I've been on the hunt for a couple years for something with greater autonomy, and this is one among several aspects of day trading that is very compelling. Truly, with day trading you hold your fate in your hands, and that is awesome. It's all play money for me right now, and drink after drink from the firehose, and I'm glad to be here.

Cheers,

Wesley

• Like 1

Hi All, my name is Carlos M. I am 32 and live in Northern Jersey, few minutes from the NYC. After 12 years of working as a Senior Operations Manager, I was laid off this past December. My company purchased GE Appliances and moved to their headquarters in Louisville, Kentucky. I thought I would be more upset about the layoff but I had 12 amazing years, and I was ready to move on and try something new. The company gave us almost a year and a half notice, that was more than enough time to prepare. (Plus a nice $$$ for years of service and sticking around until the end :) )

As my work started to transition to the new company, I found myself having a lot of free time during the day. I always had an interest in trading stocks and this was the perfect time to start practicing and getting ready. I did another online course and trading that did not work out (that’s a story for another time), and then I found Andrew’s Book and Chatroom community.

Signed up for the Platinum package, I did the simulator for about 4 months and when live this month (January 2018). Looking forward to possibly meeting up in the near future with others traders and continuing being part of this amazing trading community.

Carlos M.

• Like 11