Lee W

Introduce Yourself!

Hi All

I am an Indian living in Germany for over 5 years now. I go by the name Vikramaditya in this community. 

I am an IT Engineer and for 15 years I worked with different IT service companies holding different  management roles. I had developed some interest in the market and fundamental news of the companies during my job. I decided to become a fulltime Daytrader last year so I can achieve Financial independence, Get out of Rat race, spend time in doing things I like, spend more time with family AND  I was fed up putting my hard yards for someone else to make money.  

One of my friends from German language class recommended Andrew’s book on ‘How to Day Trade for a Living’. Immediately after reading the book, I joined the BBT community in Sep’2018 and found it to be a wonderful community, where everyone learns from each other and helps each other. And so, I was on SIM for 3 months, completed the first BBT challenge. And finally I went live on 8thApr’19. I have just started posting my journal here. 

Edited by IamKarthi

Hi everyone,

My name is Jack Zhu, originally from China and came to the US in 2014. Now I am living in NJ near New York City. I have started day trading for more than two months and now in the simulator. I have read Andrew's books and are learning through materials on BBT website. Till now I am still in red but getting better and better, and I believe finally it will work out. Look forward to seeing you guys someday in person.

Best,

Jack

Hello everyone! I'm Matt, a new member from Toronto. I've always wanted to trade and happened to read Andrew's book last year and decided to finally give day trading a shot, reduced my hours at work, so i can be free in the mornings to learn and hopefully start live trading soon.

Look forward to talking/meeting you all!

Hi All,

My name is Peder Jacobson and I'm from Seattle, Washington. I've recently finished taking a year off from school to travel abroad and teach English in Guatemala. I'm 19 years old and have interests in pursuing physical therapy or finance.  I'm new to day trading would welcome any advice anyone has to offer. I decided to join BearBullTraders after reading Andrews books which have helped me immensely.  I'm currently running Das on Parallels Desktop on my MacBook. Currently trying to find a good scanner to use in place of Trade Ideas while I get started, any suggestions? 

Peder Jacobson

Hello! I'm Jon from Seattle (Lynnwood, WA to be precise). I just joined last week and I'm looking forward to learning more and hone my day trading skills. I'm currently using ThinkOrSwim (TOS), was on the simulator for 3 months, and have gone LIVE for a month now.

Looking forward to talking/meeting you all.

Hi All. I am Terry (tains). I live on Vancouver Island. I needed a change of career after doing the same job for 27 years. I decided to shut down my construction surveying business I operated for 12ish years in the Alberta Oil Sands.

I really enjoy working with wood so I decided to get my Builders licence 3 years ago and maybe build one or two houses a year. Well there is a bit of a boom on in the Parksville area and I got way too busy at building houses and renovations. Unfortunately I was working too much and started developing injuries to my back, elbows(tennis elbow) and shoulders. Not sure what I was thinking  starting a house building business at the age of 48 having not done much in the way of strenuous physical work before.

I was talking with a friend and he was telling me how successful his mid 20's son was doing at day trading so I stumbled across Andrews book and found it very interesting. After about a month of reading and you tubing I decided to join the community. Still have lots to learn and will likely start in the simulator with in the next month.

Looking forward to the journey and if there is any other Islanders here give a shout out.

• Like 1

Hello All,

I am Rahul, I have been on a search for an alternate career that would allow me to take control of my own time and finances. After evaluating multiple options over the last 2 years, I slowly gravitated towards daytrading as something that would let me have the life I want for myself. Curiously enough my job got moved to another location where I wont be going, so I have been given until the end of the year to either find another role in the organization or take a package and quit. 

My situation kind of accelerated my journey this April, and I started reading up as much as I could on day trading and then stumbled on Andrews first book on Amazon. It instantly resonated with me and I felt like joining the BBT community and following Andrew's suggested path would give me a fair shot at making a career out of trading.

So I just bought the lifetime membership today and also signed up for the DAS simulator. 

Hope to learn a lot from this wonderful community. Wish me luck!

Rahul

Hi everyone, I'm Ricky Baizas and I live in Lake Forest in Orange County, CA but I'm originally from the Philippines. I've always been interested in stocks but I only made the move when I put some money in Robinhood. I came across a book about day trading while vacationing in Manila and when I searched Amazon further, discovered Andrew Aziz's book. I started listening to the audiobook at first but quickly found out that I needed the actual book itself. I quickly devoured both and found the fundamentals and concepts as laid out by Andrew easy to follow and now I'm here. 

I have started joining the chat room every morning and I hope to jump in pretty soon.

Looking to learn more as I go and I'm really optimistic that sensible day trading will lead to a viable revenue stream in the coming months. 

Hope to meet some members in person in the near future! Thanks. 

Hello BBT community-

My name is Jason and I've been an aerospace engineer for 15 years in the Los Angeles area. When I graduated from college and got the job, I also bought a ton of books on trading. The itch has never gone away and now I'm finally pursuing it. Very excited. I hope that I at least earn my $399 back. Haha

As an engineer I've learned about data modeling, machine learning, etc. I know a lot of people and very large firms work very hard at this stuff. Curious how it might help the at-home day trader. Andrew made it very clear in his book that he believes a human mind is required in real time, but I'm still curious to explore this!

Jason

Hi All!

My name is Brittany (Britt C in chat). I studied Chemical Engineering and work in product development in South Florida for consumer goods. Prior to that I worked in medical technology. I spent most of my life in Alabama, but have also lived in PA, LA, TN and GA. 

I am not really sure how I stumbled into day trading. I just found myself with Andrew's book and it totally clicked. I am process oriented and have a lot of experience with analyzing data and trends in both of my careers. 

Being on the East coat, my day job calls for me to be at the office most days during market hours. On occasion, I am able to work from home and adjust my hours so I can watch the live trades and play around with DAS. I have been watching the YouTube videos for about 4 months now and ultimately learning as much as possible from your community. I joined the lifetime membership a couple weeks ago and excited to explore the more in depth classes.

Product development has definitely been eye opening as far as career aspirations. Majority of consumer goods are produced over seas and "engineering" positions in the US are more project management focused. I am looking forward to more flexibility to trade during market hours and eventually transition into full time trading.  

I am looking forward to some future meet ups with other traders and learning as much as possible from you all!

Edited by Britt C
  • Like 1

Hello All,

My name is Otis. I joined BBT about two months ago and am enjoying the learning experience (at the cost of my ego, of course). The community here is very open, helpful and honest. So thank you all for that. I am in the chat room in the morning before I go to work so I hope to continue seeing you there.

Thank you,

Otis

Edited by owandre

Hi BBT!

I am an American SAHM from Houston, TX with a Danish husband (of 26 years) and 2 teenage kids.  My family has lived in Switzerland for 16 years, and now that my kids are grown, I have some time on my hands.  My location is perfect for trading the US markets, and I am looking forward to a methodical study and practice regimen to prepare for live trading. 

I found the community after my sister recommended Andrew's book.  I listened to one chapter where I first heard the term "swing trading."  I promptly bought Brian's book, and have read through 2 or 3 times now!  After doing a 2-week trial a couple of months ago, I was really intrigued.  Now I have joined with Lifetime Membership, I am reading Andrew's books, watching the chatroom trades, and learning from the video trade recaps.  

I intend to start my sim practice after the summer holiday when I have some quiet, alone time.  I have a trading account here in Switzerland (Saxo Bank) which I use for other purposes.  One of the first things I am doing is researching my options re: brokers and trading platforms.

The honesty and transparency of the traders in this community is truly inspiring, and I look forward to learning from you all.  Hopefully, others can find something helpful from my experiences as I travel my own learning curve!

Jennifer (JenniferL in Chat)

Hello, I'm Mark from Minnesota.

At my last job I was a security engineer for a bank where I made more money than I really needed.  I keep my living expenses very low, so that wasn't difficult.  All of it went to savings and I figured I should probably do something with it rather than let it sit there.  I started swing trading, though I had no idea that it had a name and wasn't very successful at it (truly an understatement), though I definitely saw the potential in it.

When I was laid off last month, I started researching and studying and realized that the rules of day trading fit my personality to an absolute 'T'.  I had never actually enjoyed swing trading.  I hated having positions sit open while I was at work, or after the market closed, or while I slept, but didn't realize it was an option to open and close them only for very particular periods of risk or reward.  So, when I stumbled upon day trading, it felt like coming home.

My first week day trading was green and I was surprisingly good at it with very little knowledge or experience yet, but I was using Robinhood to trade on my phone and a demo tradezero account to watch stock tickers on a really janky laptop.  Despite being green and quickly identifying profitable patterns, my setup was less than ideal, so I quit trading and started educating myself while I researched good day trading office setups, which is when I joined BBT.

My collection is nearly complete and I'll begin trading sim next week in a fully loaded home office to test out how well I do.  I'm excited to work with everyone here, and for the future ahead. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

My name is Glenn Budde

My Wife has been telling me that I have the head for Day Trading for Many years.

In the past we have worked hard on a small business in Key West and since have always had Jobs along with some kind of retail business weather it was the Art store in KW, a Donut business, an online retail business that we still operate and recently an Amazon PL business. This last adventure cost us a few bucks but fortunately I was able to get ride of most of the product and not fall too far in the red. I have recouped enough for a small Day Trading Account.

I talked to a few people at work about this and they all had the same thing to say "Its tough and no one makes money doing it" after talking with them a bit more I realized that they were willing to put the money in but not put the time in to educate themselves and of course they lost money. Most of them are still holding on to Bitcoin for the long haul.

I decided to start reading some books on this and I started with Stock Trading for Dummies and realized that was not the right book for me. I then found Andrews first book and was hooked. I should have listened to my Wife a long time ago.

It just so happens that I work nights Sunday - Wednesday as a Poker Manager from about 3:30pm to 3:30am  (home to home) eastern time, so I am able to get a few hours sleep before I wake at 7:30am to get ready for my Classes

I joined BBT as a Lifetime Member on the 4th of July. I was almost done with Andrews first book. I woke up in the AM to watch the premarket show and at the time I would follow along on Think or Swim. I did this till the 15th of July.

From the first day of practice I did keep a journal on paper until now (I think I will still write it as I feel like doing it twice cant hurt help me remember).

Hi all,

I just signed up for the lifetime membership. I really enjoy learning about economics and finance, investing, and trading.

I currently live in Tokyo, Japan, and I work as a UI designer here.

I'm from Toronto, Canada.

• Like 2