Lee W

Introduce Yourself!

Hi Guys my name is Aaron, I'm a Security Service Engineer from Nottingham in the U.K.

Ive been papertrading for the last 6months just getting use to position sizing and risk managment with large cap stocks.

I haven't really used any strategies yet as I believe these are one of the last things I should learn and I will only learn one at a time anyway.

The next thing I would like to get knowledge of is tape reading, (Can anybody reccommend a good book or course)after that I will begin with the Orb Strategies long/short.

Wish you all the best speak soon😊

Edited by Papertrader
  • Like 1

After getting my CDL license I finally started making real money and my savings added up over the next four years. I wanted to use the savings to create an opportunity for myself to escape the average day job. Searching for ways to do this I came upon many ideas and heavily read about real estate investing.  It didn’t feel like the right time for that, but a few times I heard about this day trading thing. Did some research and found Andrews book in the fall of 2018. Ever since then I’ve  been hooked and doing everything I can to learn more. Fast forward to January and my wife wants me to quit my job so she can have a break from our new born son between work shifts. This also gives me a chance to practice day trading full time. So just this last week I have left my job for an estimated six months to help my wife with the kid and try to turn day trading into a career.  I think Andrews style is the absolute best because I love how much he stresses risk management.  Since January I am trading live with 100 to 500 shares. As expected, I have been going sideways with wins and losses. Studying my trades and making adjustments.  I am in this for the long run and know that being a part of this community will help me reach success. 

• Like 2

Hi everyone,

my name is Katerina, born in the Czech Republic but living in London, England.

I am stay at home mum at this moment but my profession is an Accountant. 

I started learning about day trading about 4 months ago, joined this great community last week and looking to start paper trading in few weeks or so. I know I have plenty to learn but I guess we all have to start somewhere. 

• Like 3

Hello, I'm Darwin, I'm 19 and I'm from Long Island, NY. I have been trading since I was 17 (used parents name) and I used to be trapped with penny stocks for about a year but then decided to transition into mid caps and a little large caps and I have been finding it a lot easier.  I currently have an amazon fba business and doing stocks and I do a little uber driving on the side. I just love working for myself. 😀

• Like 1

Hi everyone!

I used to be a very active manager of my family's retirement and savings. Got distracted from that for about 15 years (kids!), but now that they are older and my life has settled down again, I have restarted my active trading.  I am a youtube junkie and an avid reader, so Brian's Swing Trading book and bearbulltraders videos caught my attention....and now here I am. So long term goal is to transition out of my current career which is a Web Developer,  a.ka. the Marketing Janitor.  😄    (Small town, tiny marketing teams in my accounts means I am the clean up gal instead of the go-to gal). 

Looking to learn a lot more being here to hone my individual style. 

• Like 1

Hi everyone!  I've been a member here now for a whole month.  I've bought the books and I attend the chat religiously every day.  Haven't bought any courses yet and I'm on the fence about lifetime membership.  Not that I have anything against it, just that a lifetime is a big commitment.  Seriously, I'm a very old man so it may be cheaper for me to stay in the month to month plan since I don't know how much of a "lifetime" I have left anyway.  The short elevator "about me" speech: I'm the Patriarch of my extended family, husband, father of 3 sons, and grandfather of one gorgeous redheaded little girl. I'm an old former combat Marine, retired LEO, retired insurance salesman educated at UT and I call East Texas home.  Hobbies include woodworking, Amateur Radio, hunting on my ranch,  and flirting with my bride of 30 years. I should mention that I'm also handicapped.  I lost the full use of my legs about 3 years ago but all that did was slow me down and make a little meaner. 

I've been investing for almost forty years and trading for two years.  Most of my trading experience has been with swing trading, but these past 6 months I've focused more on day trading.  I'm exploring the many different strategies right now trying to find that sweet spot for me.  So far, I've been successful in identifying several that I want nothing to do with. Yes, that means I lost money!  What I like most about Andrew's strategy and the chatroom here is I don't feel pressured or stressed to make a trade.  I have learned more from listening to Carlos in the mornings as he develops the watchlist than I've learned from several "gurus" that I spent thousands on to teach me how to day trade.  For that, I'm very thankful.  Andrew & Brian come across as very real, down to earth people that are accessible and that speaks volumes to me.  So many of the other chatrooms aren't that way.  Oh, before I forget, Norm and Peter are also wonderful at sharing their reasoning why a particular trade is good or bad too.  Perspectives are how I learn best and I appreciate theirs. 

That's pretty much that!  I'm almost always in front of this computer during the weekdays so if you have questions, don't be shy.  Ask away.  I'll most likely respond quick.  Thank you to everyone in the chatroom for such a warm welcome too!

• Like 1

Good morning everyone!

My name is Dominic and let's just say how much I love the rush of when I make a couple hundred in the first 3 minutes of the day haha! I'm from upstate New York and I'm 28 years old. Never too late to start right? I tried trading stocks over a year ago and realized I didnt start with enough capital so I waited. Now that I have enough capital to actually make a profit from small percentage movements I figured I would dive into it and make this a valuable hobby. I'm looking to learn as much as I can from this group and make some friends! Happy trading, may your days be green!

-Dom

Hello all.  A bit about me; I’ve been in the market for some time but am new to self-directed trading. (I avoid the term ‘Day-Trade’ because I do long term, Swing, and Day trading).  My first trades were in 1974 placed with my father, a money manager.  In ’78 I was considering leaving the US Navy (SS), so my fathers firm offered sponsorship for a Series 7 course and test. I took the classes, passed the test but decided to stay in the Navy, probably the better decision. Time has proved I’m not a great salesman.

Dad, having gone independent, kept my account until he passed away in 2012.  My account got moved to a big-box house – that didn’t work out. I moved it to another big-box house.  No real attention paid there either.

In October of 2018, I moved to Interactive Brokers with the idea of a self-directed account.  Looking at retirement and the fact my wife is younger and can’t retire for several years I decided to learn the day and swing trading methods. I own a small company. Having a great staff allows me to trade and learn from 8 – 11 daily. At noon I go back to work - keeping the chat room open and listening.

The plan is to fund and supplement my retirement- I like to spend money and have hobby’s that suck funds. Grasping the day/swing methods should allow me to continue without backing off spending money!

I’ve taken a small portion of my account, and I mean small, to set aside for learning.  I started with Trade-Ideas and Interactive Brokers. I was using Trade-Ideas Brokerage Plus for my trading platform.  I went looking for more abilities.  I found Bear Bull Traders and DAS.

My first week with DAS and a full (not trial) BB membership I now know the following:

It’s not a good idea to be so nervous about mixing up your live and sim accounts that you rename UXXXXX to LIVE.  The Out-of-the-Box default will trade the first account in ALPA order.  L before T! Yeah, not a good thing – my bad. Just leave the names alone, you with acclimate.

I’m not a hot-key guy but like buttons and writing scripts.  Montage will be great.

I miss the ‘snap-to’ boxes Trade-Ideas has when arranging my DAS layout. I’m somewhat of a perfectionist when it comes to layouts. I miss the ‘right-click’ – trade from the chart ability too!

The Forum can be a great source of information; better than the DAS manuals.

The available training materials at BB are worth the investment.

DAS matched with Trade-Ideas makes for a tremendous arsenal of tools.

The trading room is helpful.  My brain in the room: ME: I’m glad I got in this stock at the pullback. Andrew: If you got in at the pullback you did good.  Andrew: I think this is now a short. Me: No-way- it’s got another 30 points.  Me; Oh crap, I’ve got to bail!

I have enjoyed hanging around.  I don’t know that you will hear much from me other than this very verbose introduction, but I’ll be around listening and learning.

Trade well,

• Confused 1

Hi. I am John Ryan. I currently live In Carmel, IN. I found BBT through Andrew's book which I saw on Kindle Unlimited. I am a currently working as a Software Engineer. Stock trading has been an interest previously but the capital requirements escaped me. So much has changed over the past years with information becoming free or cheaply available that I think the barrier to entry has been lowered. Whether it has or not is just my perception which kept me from considering this. I am looking more at Swing trading until I can build capital to consider Day Trading. 

I grab information from various sources, and this is one. I hope to learn more about how people work and what is involved. Looking forward to hanging out.

John

Hello All, I am Sheela and I live in Central US with my adorable family. I am working as Consulting Software Engineer. Have Master’s degree in Information Systems (Majors on Advanced Database Management Systems).  I have started with swing trading just 3 months ago (mostly based on catalysts). During that time and having little flexibility with the work timing schedules, I came across with very good reviews on Andrew’s books. I bought those and read both. Those books gave a very good foundation of basic understanding on stocks observing with patterns and play with strategies.

I tried 2 weeks membership to give it a try (which ends tomorrow) and here I am with LT membership😊. Such a great team(each moderator have unique talent) to work with and prompt support is right at the corner.

-Sheela

• Like 2

G'day All,

My name is Jarred and I have just started my membership with BearBull Traders. Andrew's approach to day trading makes sense to me which I guess is half the battle.

I am currently simulating day trading whilst I have a current swing trading strategy in a live account under a PTY LTD Company structure (similar to LLC). This swing trading strategy works well for medium term growth, however it does not yield enough to replace my day job. 

I have the usual plan, simulated day trade for 3 to 6 months,followed by small size (100 shares) live trading until I reach "consistently profitable" status. Once this is achieved I plan to phase to larger trade sizing until I am able to produce an income which will allow me to transition from my current occupation. I see this taking 3 - 4 years until I deem the endeavour viable, as to allow me to leave the safety net of my job (gotta feed the wife and kids!)

I don't really maintain an online social media presence, however this trading community seems to be very approachable and knowledgeable. I'm happy to be part of it.

Cheers,

Jarred

Edited by Jarred

Hello everyone, my name is Maciej and I go by MachoMachoMan because it rhymes nicely with my name.  I have been working in a very high-paced environment for the past 14 years, kind of reliving Devil Wears Prada movie every day.  I have a highly competitive temperament and like to go from one extreme to another.  I have been involved in triathlon and duathlon that along with my two kids kept me busy until recently.  I always thought that life was about love and friendship and never about making money.  But I read Andrew's book and I thought I could it give it a chance.  And for the first time, I realized that if I follow those straight forward strategies I could be successful at day trading.  I participated in the first challenge.  I had a couple of good days.  And I traded every day.  Loved it so much that right after I have opened a small account with CMEG.  Monday will be my first real trade day.  Thank you BBT for providing this wonderful community that along with education gave me a much-needed boost and self-confidence.  Let's do it!

Hey, my name is Joshua Keough and new to the community. I have kept the stock market apps on my phone and watched how the stocks moved for years and always thought about getting into but never made the move. Last year I had some extra cash and decided to start putting just a little bit each week and start buying stocks. At that time I did not know of the day trading rule and quickly found out I was investing my money and would need to make more intelligent buys. This went on most of last year and the start of this year. I only had around $800 invested at this time and maybe through buys and sells had gained about 4% on it. This was a little demoralizing and so I decided 4% was fine if I was using more money. So I took some savings and added into the account and was actually given some margin. I was lucky for a few weeks and made a decent return. That's when I really started reading into stocks even more and saw people were using options and making amazing gains and decided I wanted those same gains. The short story is I do not trade options any more :-). I took a step back and started looking around and that's when I found Andrews book. This was actually only two weeks ago but I noticed he left the BS out and told you the truth and this made me feel more comfortable with his ideas and training so I decided to join the community. So far I have learned more in the past 2 weeks than the previous year of messing around. Thanks for everything and I hope to be a lasting member of this community and one day even help give back to it. 

PS. I am in the panhandle of Florida. Just outside Pensacola and I can walk to the beach. Its a hidden gem. 

• Like 1

Hello everyone! I'm Eric, a new member from Atlanta. I discovered and read Andrew's book last year and decided to join the community after participating in the trading contest. I'm so excited to learn from Bear Bull Traders and start paper trading. Look forward to meeting you all!