Lee W

Introduce Yourself!

Greetings BBT's,

My name is Steven Burke (AKA StevieB), as of today,  I'm a new lifetime member. I am 55 years old and "semi-retired" entrepreneur living in Santa Fe, NM. I have a 15 year old boy and 19 year old daughter, and coming up on my 30th anniversary with my wife I met in college. 

Yesterday, I completed my simulator acct setup with Speedtrader.  I will be in the simulator starting this Monday for 3 months or so and will be going through all of what Andrew's education programs have to offer, full time.

MY HUMBLE PIE STORY: 
Since this October I have been doing real money equity trades on Ally's crappy platform.  I got ridiculously lucky and within two weeks was up about $7,500.  I thought, oh man, this is GREAT!  We'll, as Howard Cossell said back in the day, "Down goes Fraser!, Down goes Fraser!" I averaged down pretty heavy with an SQ trade that plummeted like $9 bucks, caught falling knives along the way. I quickly did all the classic emotional trading mistakes, you name it, I've done them all in the last 7 weeks, revenge trading, FOMO trades, not committing to a trade plan, sloppy stop loss setups, not closing out positions overnight....and I did it ALL with real money!  Needless to say, the $7,500 of what I beginner's luck made vanished in 2 trading days, and I then proceeded to lose $6,500.  In the process, I did have a couple disciplined, well executed trading days after re-grouping, so I do have a sense of what that feels like.  On those days I was patient and letting the trade come to me instead of the reverse,  I was mostly ahead of the action with a well thought out technical trading plan, and good trade management ( scaling in/out, adjusting stops, etc.)

THE UNEXPECTED SURPRISE AND POTENTIAL GIFT:
I love the challenge of what day trading represents, and the surprise to me is that it presents an opportunity far more then money making: The technical aspects I think any reasonable intelligent person can learn with some good 'ole hard work, but I did not know that perhaps 90 percent of what this will require is "me learning about me", and changing neural pathways that not only give me a fighting chance to be a long term successful day trader, but can also improve my mind, body and spirit.  Andrew did speak to this in his book, but it is one thing for me to read it and another to look it square in the eye with hard earned money on the line.  I look forward to this challenge on a daily basis and I feel that BBT will be a safe and enjoyable community to evolve in and resonate with.

MY BACKGROUND:
This past September 2018 I sold a home environmental services company in Santa Fe, NM to a couple of my existing employees and now I am a part-time environmental consultant with ample time freed up.  This change process is what made me look to the stock market over the last couple months, as I originally was looking at stock investment opportunities.  Then the market began it's ongoing correction and volatility that started in October. That led me to seek guidance, and rather quickly led me to Andrew's book.  Andrew's excellent, well written and honest book, along with the current market environment, changed my original thought of investment education to now complete devotion to day trading education.  I researched several chat rooms and educators prior to taking a test drive this last week with BBT.   I am impressed with the "quality over quantity" of the membership, Andrew's team members, and the sharing of talents from various members. From my research of many groups, this group stands out and is the one I look forward to resonating with as I now head into the simulator for 3 months.

Warmest Regards,

StevieB

• Like 1

19 hours ago, StevieB said:

Greetings BBT's,

My name is Steven Burke (AKA StevieB), as of today,  I'm a new lifetime member. I am 55 years old and "semi-retired" entrepreneur living in Santa Fe, NM. I have a 15 year old boy and 19 year old daughter, and coming up on my 30th anniversary with my wife I met in college. 

Warmest Regards,

StevieB

Welcome, Steve! Glad you're here and I look forward to seeing you in the chat.

Thanks Norm, Yes see y'all in chatroom. Tomorrow is  an interesting day based on pivotal levels indices are at.

Hello BBT Community -

Brian Connoy from Minneapolis, MN here.  I joined the BBT Community as a lifetime member last week and will begin simulating trading next month (January 2019).  I work full-time in financial reporting consulting and aiming to day trade equities on the US exchanges for the first hour to hour-and-a-half of the market.  While not simulating trades yet, I am simulating my routine for the morning--testing out different aspects such as: can I get home from my morning workout in time to provide myself enough preparation time before the market opens? Can I sufficiently monitor my work email, etc., while preparing for trading and during the market...will I be too distracted?  Am I eating enough before I sit down to my computer...am I getting too hungry.  Is my workstation sufficient?  How can I best utilize the chat in the morning?  All of these things sound mundane, but I feel are important.  Further, I have a big three-week trip to Southeast Asia upcoming in less than two weeks, so I figured it would be great to start the clock on trade simulating in DAS after I return.

I do not have any wild ideas day trading will become a new career and replace my current job, but it is nice to think about from time-to-time.  I imagine many of us think about it, and a good number of community members here have likely accomplished this.  I am primarily seeking to refine another skill set and add a supplemental income.  All of this said, I have not been so genuinely excited about something in a long while, as I have been about learning to day trade.  I have seen the statistics that a high number of day traders fail in the first year, but I believe that can be attributed to a lack of determination and preparation.  I have completed six marathons and I feel like if I can train for a marathon I can train to day trade.

A little background: my first exposure to the stock market was investing in dividend reinvestment plans and direct purchase plans when I was fourteen.   I remember my first two stocks were McDonald's and Norwest Bank (now Wells Fargo).  I loved receiving those monthly and quarterly statements in the mail and tracking the closing prices daily.  Paying attention to the markets has always interested me.

I enjoy traveling. I try to make two international trips per year.  I also enjoy attending concerts.  Spotify just told me in their "2018 Wrapped" annual summary that my most listened to artist was Depeche Mode.

May all you trades be green

Brian

• Like 3

Hello, my fellow traders,

My name is Heemel, I am originally from Bangladesh but currently living in Regina, SK, Canada. Like Andrew, I came to Canada as a student, finished my Master's and after that started working in a bank. I did my undergrad in Finance, so the stock market was always an interest for me. I first started trading in 2016, blew up my account, but the good thing was I got an opportunity to observe the financial market and its potential. After that, I was saving money to start another stint, and I was watching the market. However, it did not interest me much as I was not engaged with the market. As a result of I kind of lost track of it. I again came back to the market in April 2018, lost money, made money to the point that I almost recovered my first account, then again lost a lot, due to fear of taking small losses that ended up hitting me with very big losses. I realized that I cannot sustain in the market in this way, so I started reading trading books and watching youtube videos, and I was also actively looking for a mentor. 

Unfortunately most of the mentors, I found on the internet turned out to be low float momentum chasers. I just did not want to join an alert service. I needed a community because I wanted to learn and be a part of a  brotherhood of like-minded people, where I can get a second opinion if I am making a mistake. Honestly, the majority of the trades that I took were good. I did some rookie mistake like playing earning, not cutting losses at all, and FOMO.  Looking back, I think had I made this decision earlier (or had I found BBT earlier) I could have saved so much money that I lost.

I am 32, and currently looking to make a career in trading. I believe this is a skill, that will continue to provide, and there is no retirement age for a trader. I wish to learn from each and every one of you and wish to be of help if you need anything. Currently, I am taking it slow, Still reading a lot of books, in fact, I did not finish Andrew's book yet. I will watch and learn for a few months. In the meantime, I will take my own trades with a tight stop loss and no FOMO. 

Thanks for your time. 

Heemel 

• Like 2

Hello everybody, 

My name is George and i'm from the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands. I'm 20 years old, and i'm willing to dedicate, struggle, and suffer for the next 10 years of my life to develop success in day trading to provide for myself, my mother and my father. Please to meet you all, and I can't wait to learn as much as I can from everyone. 

• Like 2

Hi folks!  I just got around to updating my profile and thought I would post an introduction here too. 

I discovered Bear Bull Traders about a year and a half ago when Andrew's book caught my eye.  I previously had no background whatsoever in the world of trading or investment, other than occasionally looking at my 401k balance.  "How to Day Trade for a Living" really piqued my curiosity and I enthusiastically joined BBT and began learning the art of trading with a SIM account.  I went live in December of 2017.  Since then, I have discovered a bit of talent for spotting trends, and a whole lot of psychological barriers to successful trading.  But I've stuck with it and am managing to stay green and grow my account.

I work a rotational schedule that has me away from home 2 weeks every month, so realistically, I can only trade about 10 days a month.  That has been both a blessing and a curse, as I do get to pause and reflect every month, but I also feel a bit "rusty" when I dive in fresh after being away for two weeks.

I live in Alaska, and along with fellow Alaskan BBT member Yung K, have recently decided to host a meetup on January 12, 2019.  Hope some of you can make it!

• Like 3

Hi all!  52 y/o former teacher, current retail business owner in Nashville, TN.  I hawk beads, jewelry-making supplies and cool trinkets in my little shop in East Nashville, TN.  (www.blackdogbeads.com  -hope that is allowed 🙂 ).

I decided to "get into the stock market" in June, having no idea what I was doing - looking for long term holds in what I had decided in my imagination were the "next big things."  Luckily, I only dented my savings before I realized I needed to know much, much more.  

I have been consuming whatever education I can via YouTube, Udemy courses and books.  I had decided to focus on swing trading, but as it turns out, I seem to be more of a day trader by temperament (leave my money unprotected in the stock market overnight??  Are you kidding??).

I was THRILLED to come across Andrew's day trading book on Amazon.  It is plain-spoken, straight forward, thorough, full of common sense wisdom along with technical knowledge, and I found it enjoyable to read.  Having been a teacher myself, I like to think that I can spot a good teacher when I come across one, and so I decided to jump right in and became a lifetime member.  

I had my first profitable month in December, and am feeling optimistic that if I could eke some money (on longs only) out of this market in the past month, I have a decent shot at doing alright at this - as long as I keep to my trading plan and manage my risk very wisely.  My initial impression is that this is the right place to help me do just that!  

Just thrilled to be here, and eager to get started with you all!

• Like 1

Hey Everyone, I'm Chris and I found Bear Bull Trading about 4 months ago - and thank goodness - Andrew's style of trading fits my personality the best so I am trying to develop my trading style with his in mind. So far I've been trading about 2 years now, going from small caps to options then to mid-high cap stocks. Finding some success but those one/two days blow my profit streak and take me negative. My ultimate goal is to become a full time trader so I don't have to rely on other people/companies for my income. I'm borderline obsessed with trading and having good trades.

Chris

• Like 1

Hi everyone, 

I'm Mark from Pittsburgh, PA. 33 years old been working as an engineer in oil and gas for almost 9 years. I've always been interested in finding a way to make money on my own and have been investing in the stock market since college. After finding Andrew's book i knew i had to try being a day trader. Love the journey so far, look forward to many more years of hard work and good trading! 

Mark

• Like 1

Hello Everyone,

My name is Bhavan MS (29 yrs), I am learning trading along with my twin brother Bhuvan MS (29 yrs). We both are from India, moved to US in 2013 for graduate program. Currently, we are full-time Polymer Process Engineers for  a Medical Device Company located in Southern CA. We joined BBT in October 2018 and are looking forward to develop a career for financial independence through BBT community. Its a great feeling to be a member of BBT, we thank Andrew and his team for the continuous help and support.  

Hey Bear Bull Traders-

I'm Rick, 52,  from Florence, Kentucky.  I, like most everyone else on here, have always been interested in the markets.  I really do watch CNBC while getting ready for work just because it interests me LOL.  My background is 30+ years in aviation maintenance.  I've done everything from changing out engines and landing gears to planning and managing maintenance.  I spent four years in the US Air Force. Another 7+ years as a civilian contractor working on military aircraft and eventually ended up here in the Cincinnati area working for a regional airline managing maintenance for 16 years.  I currently work for GE Aviation in Evendale, Ohio.  My wife also works in Cincinnati running a department at a national bank.

I've read Andrews books along with numerous others on trading and psychology.  I will have to say that Andrews first book really hit home for me.  I have always been into investing and swing trading (although I didn't know that was what I was doing}. Honestly, I was terrible at swing trading. I was actually swing/long investor. I couldn't hold a stock more than about 6 weeks because I needed something to happen.  Learning fundamentals is not really anything that I want to do.   

I have just started the sim training Jan 2, 2019.  I have invested in a nice work station. Will start my journal next week.  Blah Blah Blah LOL...seriously. I have really enjoyed these last few months of reading and learning.  I work afternoons full time at a great job and it seems to me like a perfect time to learn this career.  I am so glad I have time to take it slowly and learn/grow from my trades.

Final thought....the pre-market chat is awesome. Thanks Carlos!  I have really enjoyed the "small community" feel while interacting with the chat group.  Everyone is more than willing to help, give advice on platform questions. trading etc.  I feel that this community really wants to succeed and the fact that folks are so willing to share and help others is what drew me to this community.  

Thanks Andrew for all of your work, along with all the other Mods.

Rick Burton

• Like 1

Hi all,

My name is Tommy, i'm from Belgium but i live in japan for a little over 6 years. working as a service engineer so traveling a lot across japan. that's a full time job which i have no intention of quiting. at least for a few years to come. i'm a beginner trader , started last year trading penny stocks, that went actually fine for a while until it didn't anymore... and gone were the profits. i stopped for a while since i realized i really wasn't sure what i was doing, came across Andrews books and i liked them very much. made me wish i read those before i started.

i looked up about bearbull traders, and decided to join. few reasons are, i felt a sense of honesty in this community,  and i realized its actually not good to trade on your own especially when you don't have much experience yet. i look forward to checking all the content on the site and with your help becoming a confident trader.

grtz, Tommy

• Like 1

Hi ! My name is Ryan, RHadley is my user name, I believe.

Father of 3, VERY YOUNG Grandfather of 2...clocking in at 43 yrs old, I think ? 🙂 ...and we are in the northwest burbs of Minneapolis, Minnesota.

My background... I am a Journeyman Electrician of 20+ years. Most of that time spent working in Minnesota & the Dallas/Ft. Worth metroplex. 2 years ago I was hired as a data center Operating Engineer for Optum Services, Inc....the technology division of United Health Group.

When not working...I am camping, backpacking, kayaking, listening to music or road tripping to go do any or all of those things...either that or at my son’s hockey practice/game/tournament, which is ALMOST a second job.

Very much a newbie at day trading !

My only brush/experience remotely related would be activly managing/trading my retirement accounts & a small “fun” account at Robinhood. All of which I’ve been doing almost blind, very little education, research or method behind my moves. A wee bit of news, gut instinct and advice from my dad is all. I’m not currently down or out money...but not very up either... Strange right !?! 🙂 

I can’t claim I’ve always wanted to be a day trader or been in to finances for that matter BUT !! I’m 43....having just barely made it through the 2nd Great Depression around 10 years ago, especially in the construction trades...I am highly motivated to learn a new trade and in a very serious, very calculated risk/reward way, make up for lost time.

My current job is a good one and I plan to keep it through retirement. I’m more behind a desk these days than working with tools, it’s a good balance....and also gives me the unique opportunity to focus on other things, such as day trading. I pack 40 hours in Friday night through Monday morning and I am off work M-F.

I am very optimistic about having joined this group and look forward to picking your brains for all the advice/education I can get...or you can stand.

If you see me out there...be nice ! I’m kinda socially introverted, even via text/online.

Take Care ! Thanks for your time !

Edited by RHadley
  • Like 2

Hi, My name is Tarek. I'm Egyptian living in United Arab Emirates (Middle East).

I'm a pharmacist by practice, MBA holder from Manchester School of Business (April 2019). I currently work in a pharmaceutical company.

My interest in stock market started in Dec 2017, while the crypto currencies boomed i managed to double my account (by chance i thought i knew how the markets work). by the time crypto slide downwards, i was on the wrong side and blow up the account (Still holding XRP). 

At that point I realized i need some education. searched the internet, watched video's on youtube and searched for books. I came across Andrew's book. I traded on SIM from a month and thought I can make it now. 

Jan 2019 i started a new account, I blew up 40% of the account in less than a month. at this point I realized i need to join a community. I searched the internet and could not find a better community to be part of.

Tarek ElArabi 

• Like 1