Lee W

Introduce Yourself!

Hi Sue and Welcome to the BBT Community!! If there is anything we can assist with getting you started in simulation let us know. You will also find ur forums have tons of information from staff and members. Looking forward to seen you in the chatroom!

Welcome!

Carlos

Edited by Carlos M.
  • Like 1

Hello all! My name is Matt:

I joined the BBT family this past week, and am just getting familiar with how the Chat Room, and Forum works. I'm in the process of reading Andrew's first book, and will continue to read his second right after. I'm getting a lot from the YouTube channel as well... from everyone's contribution. Trying to watch a few of those videos every day.

For the last few years, i've mainly been investing, and swing trading in crypto, as well as running decentralized nodes. But now, I am pursuing day trading, and learning all the real technical knowledge and discipline that's involved. My goal is to be able to day trade full-time by Spring 2019. Planning on starting the simulator next month sometime.

Currently located in the Washington, DC area, but am planning on moving to the Los Angeles area next spring with my wife and daughter.

Very thankful to be a part of your community and for the opportunity to learn from you all!!!

~Matt D

• Like 2

Greetings BBT family!

My name is Ryan Miller (Ryan M in chat.) I am 29 and a graphic artist / dog trainer. I live in Long Island NY. I love strategy and RP gaming, game design, poker and writing.

I practice multiple martial arts as well as Zazen meditation and employ both as an important daily ritual that helps mentally prepare me each morning before I step to my trade station.

I transitioned from swing trading to day trading after reading Andrews book. After reading several other books and doing a ton of research, I decided I liked what BBT offered best and invested in a lifetime membership.

Im currently 1 month into my membership and have been training on a simulator for 2.

For the foreseeable future, I plan on taking my time and honing my skills. My long-term goal is to trade full time, but im in no rush to get there.

I look forward to getting to know you all as we work towards our common goals. You better believe you will see me at the next east coast meetup.

Thank you everyone in advance for your time!

- Ryan

Hi Matt, Welcome to the BBT family! Wish you all the best in your Day Trading journey!

Hi BBT, My name is Thomas (Thomas K in chat) and I live in the Dallas area. My journey to this community started with managing my small retirement account and wanting to know more about the stock market, then reading and researching about the different types of trading, then to testing out other trading communities and even a short stint with a forex, and then on to almost joining another day trading community from the East Coast, but deciding against it, thankfully! The turning point was reading Andrew's first book - I could hardly put it down! There's no denying that that book beats most, if not all, day trading books out there. But I am biased, obviously!

So I've been in SIM and receiving great mentorship and support from greats like Carlos for the last 2 months. I hope I can go live after month 3 but I am leaving open the possibility that I might need to stay in SIM longer because I really want to get this right, especially the psychology of it, and that just takes time and there are no shortcuts there, I feel.

My hope is to someday make enough from trading that I can stop worrying about money but keep my day job, which I enjoy most days 🙂

- Thomas

Edited by traderTKM

Hello Bear Bull's Community,

I recently found this topic in the member's forum and wanted to take a moment and introduce myself. 

My name is Esam E. and I am from Cairo, Egypt by way of Orange County, California. I recently graduated from CSU Fullerton with a B.S. in Accounting and Finance, and I am currently a Master's Candidate in Accountancy, at the University of California, Irvine, Paul Merage School of Business. I currently work as an Accountant for a small firm (from home) and have aspirations of becoming a licensed CPA.

I have been Swing Trading the last two-years (on Charles Schwab SSE), and like many others was wondering if I could parlay the success I had into an actual career as a DayTrader. After much due diligence and a couple epiphanies later, I stumbled upon Mr. Andrew Aziz's book(s). I was really blown away by the level of honesty in Andrew's book, something that I was hard-pressed to find in other "guru" books circulating out there. After checking out the BBT website I decided to join as a Pro member with the DAS Simulator package.

Quick sidebar: I joined online on 7/24 and had not heard back from Andrew after four days or so, so I sent him an email asking when I could expect to get access to the simulator, in hopes of starting to practice on that Monday of the following week. Andrew quickly replied back and said that he would have me setup by the end of the business day. Awesome customer service right! That Sunday, 7/29, I receive my first BBT Newsletter, and low-and-behold, it turns out Andrew was on his excursion in Mexico, conquering mountains and such. So Andrew, while on vacation in Mexico, hiking nonetheless, took the time out of his trip to set-up my account!! I do not know about you, but I tend not to work on my holiday's. Just goes to show the type of business-owner and man that Andrew is.     

So I have currently been in the Sim. for the last few weeks and have thoroughly enjoyed not only the daily-lessons from Andrew but the engagement from the community on BBT as well. I have so much to learn, and am genuinely excited about the path laid out by many before me. I would be remissed if I did not say that my intention was to make a lot of money (originally at-least), but after reading Andrew's books and practicing on the SIM (albeit for not to long), and listening to all the wonderful advice in the chatroom and in the classes, I feel I have a chance. That is truly all I wanted! This will not make me rich (quickly), that I understand, but being able to have the chance to take care of my family and do better financially then I have ever thought possible, on my own-terms, that is opportunity I do not want to waste.    

Thank you to all for your continued support. Happy trading!

- Esam E.

• Like 2

Salaam Esam! Nice to see another Egyptian in the community 😄 I wish you all the best with your trading and look forward to seeing you in the chat tomorrow!

• Thanks 1

Salaam Ali! Pleasure to meet you as well. Best of luck to you on your trading journey. I will definitely see you around in the chat.  Take care brother!

• Like 1

Hi BBT members, my name is Albert R. I am 40 years old and I am a member of the community since MayI am a professor of economics and mathematics and I also have a small business in Spain.
I found Andrew's book more than a year ago, after searching a lot online, I'm doing the steps to make real trading, and the moment for that will be next week after months in simulation. I follow you daily on youtube and on Twitter and I will try to participate and help grow this community since I love trading, but step by step.
Thank you everyone
Ebretrader

• Like 1

Hi All - My name is Kelly S.  "Keska" .  I live in the STL area and have been a member since June.  I just finished the 3 months in simulator and am going live this week.  Thanks to Andrew and the community for helping me feel prepared and excited to start something new! 

12 hours ago, Keska said:

Hi All - My name is Kelly S.  "Keska" .  I live in the STL area and have been a member since June.  I just finished the 3 months in simulator and am going live this week.  Thanks to Andrew and the community for helping me feel prepared and excited to start something new! 

That's great to hear, I just joined about a week ago. Any advice while on the sim? How was the 1st day live?

First two days were great!  You've definitely found a great place to learn.  My first two months in sim were a rollercoaster, but the third was very consistent.  The following are things that really helped me:

- Read Andrew's first and second book twice and keep them on hand for reference

- Journal at the end of each trading day (I'm a bullet point person, so just summarized each day's trades, positive things I did that I wanted to repeat, and negative things I wanted to change for the next day)

- Attend every one of Andrew's live classes and webinars, even if you've seen them before

- Read a few other books.  The Daily Trading Coach I now read one lesson at the start of each trading day - made a huge difference for me being consistent.

- Treated sim as real trading time.  Only did "crazy stuff" for two days :).  Logged into chatroom and simulator every single day market was open, half an hour before open.

Best of luck to you! 

~Kelly S (Keska)

Edited by Keska
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for all this great information. I will use some of your feedback to help my journey. How long have you been trading now? Hows it so far?

Hi all, I'm Josh, from Florida, working full time as a locksmith. I came across BBT about a year ago, started watching Andrew on a daily basis, reading his books as well as books from others, and have recently signed up for lifetime pro membership. I love trading and am very excited to join the community.

• Like 1

Hi There, 

My name is Thomas H from Grand Rapids, MI. I just now gave myself a birthday gift of a Lifetime Pro Access membership and I'm thrilled.

Lived in SoCal almost 30 years until just recently in 2017 made the move back home to The Mitten as we Michiganders like to call our state. Grand Rapids is on the West End of MI and has a vibrant community of Millenials and Gen X and Y'ers.   

I've got an IT background, and have a Masters of Information Systems, however, I've been on the business side of the business for the last eight to 10 years now. 

Looking forward to meeting all of you and learning how to trade for consistent gains.  

Best, 

Thomas