Lee W

Introduce Yourself!

Hi Friends, 

My name is Paul. I'm from North Carolina. I've worked in commercial real estate, chocolate manufacturing, edTech, and serve on non-profit boards. I have been a passive stock market investor until recently. Most of my investing is from real estate and venture capital. I like the data signals available from the stock market. 

My hobbies and interest include, ceramic arts, hiking, music, and cooking. 

I'm passionate about social and climate issues. Currently, I'm creating a solar loan product for new home construction. 

Good to be with you all.
Paul

Hello everyone,

My name is Pedro (usually go by PJ) and I'm from Dutchess County, NY (about 1 hr north of NYC). I'm pretty new to day trading. I've ready a few books, has a little experience with other trading courses, I've gotten my feet wet with screen time and actual trades. I've had some good profitable days and even bigger losing days. With that said, I'm determined to make this work. I'm looking to network with individuals near and far (preferably near). It would be nice to meet like-minded individuals in person so if your in the NY area, or nearby (Penn, NJ, Conn) lets figure out a time and meetup, share ideas, experiences and strategies. My background is in law-enforcement and I'm hoping that day trading can assist me in an early retirement. 

Respectfully,

PJ

Hi Everyone!

Sean here from Bend, Oregon! I'm very excited to be joining the BBT community. I have been trading for close to 3 years inconsistently. Have been moving towards trading full time as a profession since I started and I'm excited to make that a reality. Looking forward to ironing out my strategies and sharpening my skills as a trader for long term success. If anyone is in the Central Oregon area, please reach out - would love to have meet ups and share ideas/strategies. My background has been National CPG Sales for the last 10 years. Looking forward to financial freedom from my new career choice!

19 hours ago, seanaengel23 said:

Hi Everyone!

Sean here from Bend, Oregon! I'm very excited to be joining the BBT community. I have been trading for close to 3 years inconsistently. Have been moving towards trading full time as a profession since I started and I'm excited to make that a reality. Looking forward to ironing out my strategies and sharpening my skills as a trader for long term success. If anyone is in the Central Oregon area, please reach out - would love to have meet ups and share ideas/strategies. My background has been National CPG Sales for the last 10 years. Looking forward to financial freedom from my new career choice!

Welcome to BBT Sean!

Hello BBT Team!

My name is Fred. I am a military veteran working as an analyst in Arizona. I have a bachelor's in biochemistry but switched careers and am working on a master's in global supply chain. I was introduced to trading by some friends who dabbled in Robinhood and Webull. After seeing their eagerness to get rich and failing, I realized that there was more to this business than they made it seem. I come from a family of hard working immigrants who had to hustle their way to America and live the American Dream. Now that I have a family, I want to make sure their financial future is stable. That being said, as discussed in Andrew's book, I am approaching this membership and training opportunities with the same rigor as organic chemistry. This community is unlike many others I scouted. I am eager to learn with everyone, grow with fellow new traders, and wear down the doorsteps of the wise traders to pick their brains and, hopefully, get interactive constructive criticism and advice.

Why did I decide to start trading? The more I contributed to my retirement, the more I realized that, one, I was not the one deciding what stocks to invest in (even though I get to choose what retirement plan), and two, I would not get to realize any profits until retirement age.

My goals are simple, though the list is long (there is a logical progression to these goals). Start off small, perhaps with CMEG. Develop sufficient fundamental trading skills to the point of them being second nature. Practice frequently with the simulators/paper trading while doing my best to simulate real-world training environment. Prioritize risk management and trade psychology. Finally, become a professional in the field while making considerable profit.

I have a list of books I am currently reading that fall into one of three categories: 1. Technical Skills of Trading, 2. Trade Psychology, and 3. General market knowledge and investing. 3 is important because this is a completely new field for me. As an analyst, I don't just push buttons, spit out numbers, and generate reports. As the title implies, I must have a keen sense of analysis and spot trends/patterns to make important decisions. I am approaching trading with the same mentality.

Book list:

1. How to Trade for a Living - A. Aziz
2. Technical Analysis of the Financial Markets - J. Murphy
3. The Nature of Risk - J. Mamis
4. Trading for a Living - A. Elder
5. Winning on Wall Street - M. Zweig
6. Trading in Zone - M. Douglas
7. Stock Market Wizards - J. Schwager
8. One Up on Wall Street - P. Lynch
9. The Intelligent Investor - B. Graham

Glad to be here,

Fred

• Like 1

Hi everyone, the alias is Troady, my real name is Luis Arteaga, Cuban from origin, an American citizen now after having been Dutch citizen also for 18 years.

Graduated from ITU Utrecht (The Netherlands) in 1987 in PC hardware and software although have been driving semi-trucks for the last 30 years going to remote places in more than 60 countries and 4 continents. Very glad to have been many places and learned several languages, still fluent in English, Spanish and Dutch and manage my way with French and German. Now at 63 years old, things are and look different.

Living in Naples, FL since 2004 managing a small trucking company from where i currently make my living, hope to change that soon with day trading.

Have been busy with Forex and Crypto in the past, but nothing to write about, i was looking anyway for a way to trade and did find Andrew`s book "Day trading for a living" and got hookup, can`t find anything more honest, sincere and easy to understand that this book, after that i make contact with Abiel, one of the moderators of the Spanish community and become a proud member of BBT since today, 6/21/22. Will be bothering some of you, asking question and getting you guys busy for a while until getting strong results with my day trading.

Good luck to you all.

Hi my name is Matt and I live in L.A. (San Gabriel Valley). I work in social services for the county of Los Angeles but I am looking to get into working for myself in day trading. I read The Intelligent Investor and Technical Analysis of the Financial Markets by John J. Murphy before deciding I wanted to try day trading, so I picked up Andrew's book.

I've been trading since 08/2021 and I finally had my first profitable month w/ an actual system in June 2022, but I'll admit that it's a crude system. So I'm now here to refine and improve.

I'd love a meetup in L.A.

Hello I am Julian Montero transmitting from Colombia, my interest in investing began in January 2022, and with very little knowledge I began to invest long-term little capital, following what other investors were doing. But day after day I saw how my capital was falling enormously. 

Then I started researching how to profit from bear markets, and tried fruitlessly to make efforts to make money in those markets. Three months ago I read Andrew's book "How to live from Traiding", and I felt very identified with many things he said, and in one of his Videos I heard something like "when I started investing I could not sleep checking news and waiting for how the stock was going to dawn the next day". With that phrase I understood that my personality could be more focused on day trading.

Today I am more interested than ever in joining the community and learning from the best! Although with a lot of joy but also with caution.

hi, my name is Yugen, 

I've been a sommelier and operations manager for over a decade now operating out of NYC.  I originally joined the community in 2021 I believe (or could of been the tail end of 2020) with the goal of not working 50 hours a week anymore. I hit the simulator after reading Andrews book and did terribly. Then I foolishly went live thinking maybe the risking real capital would make me learn quicker...another stupid move. My partner being the wonderful woman she is encouraged me to keep at it but I chose to stop because at that time we decided we wanted to live together, which was easier said than done. She lived in Melbourne, Australia, and I loved in NYC so I chose to stop trading and save my money for the move once they re-opened travel.

Fast-forward to the present. I got a tourist visa and booked it to Australia where I've been for a month now. Unemployed and waiting for my other visa to clear, my partner encouraged me to get back into trading, So I read the updated advanced book from Andrew and started pouring over charts, replaying days in thinkorswim and now I'm going to get back in the DAS simulator. I'm recommitting to becoming a day trader, not just for my own freedom, but for my partner and the family I'd like to create. I'm hungry and I'm ready (getting ready). I have a bit of anxiety asking for help but I need to look past that and lean on this community, so let's do it. If anyone's in Melbourne shout me out. 

Sincerely

Yugen Kozmik

On 7/21/2020 at 12:19 AM, DavidB said:
On 7/6/2020 at 10:06 AM, WarrenK said:

Hey @Martin D @PeterD, I also live in Melbourne. Peter I live about 10 min from where you were based. Must of drove by multiple times on the way to the beach.

Thank you Peter!

There probably a post somewhere about it but do BBT have a "training plan" or a step by step path you suggest to follow before doing real trading? Is it https://bearbulltraders.com/education-center/?

2 hours ago, kozmikdust said:

hi, my name is Yugen, 

I've been a sommelier and operations manager for over a decade now operating out of NYC.  I originally joined the community in 2021 I believe (or could of been the tail end of 2020) with the goal of not working 50 hours a week anymore. I hit the simulator after reading Andrews book and did terribly. Then I foolishly went live thinking maybe the risking real capital would make me learn quicker...another stupid move. My partner being the wonderful woman she is encouraged me to keep at it but I chose to stop because at that time we decided we wanted to live together, which was easier said than done. She lived in Melbourne, Australia, and I loved in NYC so I chose to stop trading and save my money for the move once they re-opened travel.

Fast-forward to the present. I got a tourist visa and booked it to Australia where I've been for a month now. Unemployed and waiting for my other visa to clear, my partner encouraged me to get back into trading, So I read the updated advanced book from Andrew and started pouring over charts, replaying days in thinkorswim and now I'm going to get back in the DAS simulator. I'm recommitting to becoming a day trader, not just for my own freedom, but for my partner and the family I'd like to create. I'm hungry and I'm ready (getting ready). I have a bit of anxiety asking for help but I need to look past that and lean on this community, so let's do it. If anyone's in Melbourne shout me out. 

Sincerely

Yugen Kozmik

Hi Yugen,

I also live in Melbourne. Where abouts are you?

Warren

15 hours ago, WarrenK said:

Hi Yugen,

I also live in Melbourne. Where abouts are you?

Warren

I just moved to Brunswick East!

27 minutes ago, kozmikdust said:

I just moved to Brunswick East!

Ah nice. I am in the south eastern suburbs (Bentleigh). Happy to catch up some time for a coffee.

45 minutes ago, WarrenK said:

Ah nice. I am in the south eastern suburbs (Bentleigh). Happy to catch up some time for a coffee.

35 minutes ago, kozmikdust said:

definitely down for that, hit me up for contact [email protected]

I'm also in Melbourne (Point Cook), happy to meet up with fellow traders. 

I've been a little in and out it since I started but have transitioned down to part time at work now to dedicate a lot more time to trading.

I'll send you both PM with my email.