Lee W

Introduce Yourself!

Hey everyone, how are you all?

My name is Nick and I'm a TV professional, looking to get more involved in trading and investing. Been reading Andrew's books, and following the market all year.

I've signed up for the trial membership for now, and am strongly considering getting the annual (as it's currently discounted), but also looking to see if I'd fit in here?

I'm signed up with TD Ameritrade, and have been in Think or Swim for months, and have gotten pretty comfortable with it - are others here using this? I know others apps are faster (esp for day trading), I'm just dreading learning another software as I'm so invested in TOS haha. But I also know I may need to bite the bullet and jump to Das Trader Pro if it's better, and helps me learn more easily from all of you.

And finally, I'm really into index funds - are there others here trading them? As someone knew to trading, I really enjoy the simplicity of tracking a small bunch of them. Just curious if most of you are trading company stocks, or if index funds fit into your plans as well.

Thanks so much for your time. And have a great weekend.

Cheers

Hello Everyone. New here . Have been dabbling with trading for 2 years. some successfully some not. Noticed i needed more training and discipline to do this full time. So  i am here. would appreciate any guidance and help in my journey to become a better trader.

Hello BBT,

I am a new member of BBT community. I opened my account with Rabinhood and it was my 1st experience buying stock. I was trying to day trade using Rabinhood. My knowledge was very low about all technical indicators. I only learned different orders type from the apps. I  made $200 within few minutes. I was so excited but within next 30 minutes I lost almost $1000. I felt so bad. Finally I started reading books and switched to TDA. Now I joined BBT as a trial member and learning DAS. This community is very helpful and so far my experience is great with BBT. Thank you. 

• Like 1

Hello all. My name is Maurice, and I live in Los Angeles. Originally I came from France. I trade Options for two and a half years. Like a lot of you, I join BBT after riding Andrews books. It is the best trading education I have ever found. Thanks to all BBT members and staff for the warm welcome. See you soon.

Hi Everyone,

My name is Hemank and I live in Los Angeles. I was attracted to BBT after reading Andrew's book. It was clear and understandable. After watching some of the morning YouTube videos, I felt more comfortable that this would be a good group to join. I have traded for just over a year which has been a learning curve. I still feel I have much to learn especially in discipline. I look forward to being part of the community and working with the mentors and educators.  

Hi everyone, I'm Will and a new member. I live in Santa Monica, CA and would love to meet other traders in the area. Let me know if you're interested!

good day everyone

Total noob here.  I live 1 hour north of Toronto , Ontario, Canada.

I found BBT much like everyone else. Andrews book got the wheels turning and i eventually made my way to BBT and joined a few days ago

Hey everyone, I’m Brian and joined BBT back in early October 2021. Happy to learn and knowledge share with other like minded traders!

My trading story began back around 2005 when I started investing in mutual funds and later select stocks with mixed success. After educating myself a bit and joining an options guru group, I began trading in options around 2010. Had early success which got into my head almost immediately and eventually suffered huge losses. That lead to several years of buy and hold with a basket of index funds resulting from a fear of trying anything different or new.

Around 2018 I started to dip my toes in the trading waters and read several books, YouTube, following gurus on Twitter etc. Eventually I joined a patreon group/discord in late 2019 which had mixed results (Jerry Romine). This group was based on more fundamentals and swing trading which didn't excite me much. I've always been drawn to technical trading and don’t love to hold positions overnight (makes me anxious).

After about a year of that I joined another Discord (Lade Back Trading) and had awesome early success. Then a slow bleed over several months since I hadn't addressed a number of psychological and trade management issues that I had developed. I still use the technical pattern experience that I learned in Lade Back's group, but it was abruptly shut down in 2021.

So left to my own devices with lingering trade psychology issues I suffered catastrophic losses over the ensuing months. In June 2021 I liquidated all my open positions with a 65% loss in my retirement account on the year. And a 90% loss in my other trading account on the year.

I took a few months off to focus on anything but trading. Then in September 2021 I picked up Andrew’s books and gave them another read. This lead me to joining BBT in early October.

Currently I’m 100% sim trading until I get my confidence back, resolve my psychological hangups, and validate my favorite 1 or 2 strategies. Plan is to trade live again by the end of Q1 2022 but all depends on progress of my trade plan.

Anyways sorry for the book here haha. I have a lot of experience with different trading strategies, instruments, and cycles, but where I need work is psychology and trade management. Until this is fixed and I learn how to trade properly, I’m gonna be in the sim or die trying! Happy to offer any help I can to the group.

• Like 1

Welcome @Creed. I love how open and honest you are about your journey.

I too am working on overcoming psychological struggles. I think all traders have them- whether or not they are willing to recognize and resolve them is a whole other issue. 

It sounds like you've got a good plan laid out for yourself. I wish you the best.

• Like 1

Hello everyone!

My name is Ivan, 24, and I am just about a month into trading on the sim in DAS. Originally from Colombia, I was raised in South Florida. In my free time, I love hitting the beach and the gym as well as spending time with friends and family. One thing I've noticed about day trading is that you have to put in the time to practice, it's really the only way to see if it will be a viable career path. I'm almost fully recovered from Lyme disease, but in the meantime this has given me the time to see if day trading is right for me while also going back to school to get my degree (gotta keep all options on the table). My current plan is to practice on the sim and eventually with a small account in order to apply to a prop firm. I was wondering if anyone has any advice or recommendations in regards to prop firms? Also I'm looking for a trading buddy and/or mentor, because I am determined to give day trading a real chance and I would love to learn and grow as much as I can. 

Hello all members,

I am a new member of BBT.  So many learning materials to learn. I am trading since 2019 but not consistently profitable. Learn learn and there is no end of learning. I want to be a professional day trader but in the future.

Thank you.

14 hours ago, GreekTrade said:

Hello all members,

I am a new member of BBT.  So many learning materials to learn. I am trading since 2019 but not consistently profitable. Learn learn and there is no end of learning. I want to be a professional day trader but in the future.

Thank you.

Welcome to BBT!

• Like 1

Hi All

I'm Colin , 54 years old and from over the pond in the UK. 

I've always been interested in figures and numbers, but never really did much with it. Qualified in electronics, but bounced around doing various things, now semi retired with a bit more time on my hands.

For years I have been saying i need to do some type of course, so I started an accounting course last year, but after passing the first year, I decided it was not for me. Then trading slowly started to work its way into my brain, it was a slow steady calling in my head. After much research, I decided on Bear Bull ( one of the UK companies said its dead easy !!!! Pffff, they went straight in the recycle bin) .

I look forward to learning and hope my brain doesn't get too frazzled.

Cheers

Colin L

45 minutes ago, Boardercol said:

Hi All

I'm Colin , 54 years old and from over the pond in the UK. 

I've always been interested in figures and numbers, but never really did much with it. Qualified in electronics, but bounced around doing various things, now semi retired with a bit more time on my hands.

For years I have been saying i need to do some type of course, so I started an accounting course last year, but after passing the first year, I decided it was not for me. Then trading slowly started to work its way into my brain, it was a slow steady calling in my head. After much research, I decided on Bear Bull ( one of the UK companies said its dead easy !!!! Pffff, they went straight in the recycle bin) .

I look forward to learning and hope my brain doesn't get too frazzled.

Cheers

Colin L

Welcome to BBT!

• Like 2

Hey,

I just joined this forum.  Have been learning trading bits for the last year and finally started paper trading in December.  Mostly I'm just learning the platform, and starting January I set out to triple a 3000$ account - gonna attempt this 3 times until I actually start trading with real money.  Looking forward to learning from all of you and eventually trading real money.  

Personal info... Shane is my name.  I'm 31 and live in Okanagan valley in BC, Canada.  

Thanks!  Hopefully you'll see me in the chat.