Lee W

Introduce Yourself!

On 1/13/2020 at 8:15 PM, Brian Tran said:

Hello everyone from Duluth, Georgia, USA! (North of Atlanta, GA)

My name is Brian T. I has just joined the BBT community for a few days.

There are a lot to learn and to practice to be able to a consistent profitable traders. This is all I got after a few days playing around in Education Center, Forum, and DAS simulator.😃

I read Andrew's book a few years ago. However, I just got my US green card and settle down here so that I can focus on learning and practicing Day Trading.

Hope you all well and success in 2020.

I am looking forward to learning from you all.

Brian T.

I just started a couple months ago (paper trading right now) and I'm from the same area too! I'm in lawrenceville, ga

Hi Everyone,

COVID has brought pros and cons.  For the cons: way too many zoom calls at all hours of the day and night.  There are no boundaries anymore for personal life or even eating and taking a shower in the morning.  For the pros: more precious time with family (I have a 4 year old son) although there are days we long for school to reopen.  I came to the conclusion that there are more important things to do with my time and life is too short.  The timing and our situation was right to enable me to retire from the semiconductor industry (a little early at age 60).  I am now focused on Intraday trading as a business.  I live with my wife and son in San Jose CA.

I started in sim in early March, which was fun because all of the NFT momentum.  I made a single trade for $8200 and had six green days in a row before the honeymoon ended.  But I was up $16k in March.  Proceeded to draw down in April, but never went negative.   I was spending too much time trading and developing bad habits.    I started to only trade two or three days a week and spend the rest of the time learning about what I was trying to do. 

Currently I am finishing my business plan and putting together a solid Tradebook.  I joined the community today and look forward to learning and helping (when I'm able).  

I use a MacBook Pro 15 (2019) and that has presented some unusual challenges.  I've sorted them out.  Let me know if you also have issues.  Maybe I can help, or learn what to watch out for.  I use Trade Ideas for scanners.  I have an IBKR account for paper trading with TWS, but It is not ideal for live trading.  I have a live trading account with Lightspeed and use Lightspeed Trader as my platform.  I use OneNote and Excel for journaling/tracking.

I haven't started live yet, but am targeting to do so in June. 

The BBT community has already been of great help and influence on my development.  I look forward to getting to know more as part of the community.

Thanks 

Jim

Yet another new trader intro.  I'm a dyslexic, INTJ, with a few degrees who just stumbled upon day trading a few weeks ago.  I was re balancing my investment portfolio and wondered what the difference between the order types were and hit a massive rabbit hole on youtube.  Then I purchased " Stock market explained" on Audible and had a little "ah ha" moment.  I'm still working my way through " How to day trade for a living" but have seen enough to go nuclear and commit to this profession at 41.

Day Trading ticks off all the boxes for me:  simple math, patterns, problem solving, strategy, more strategy, some complexity, continuous learning, and learning resources that are audio visual. 

I'll be looking for a Discord group (audio over text) to join but honestly it feels like I'm showing up to the playground and being embarrassed about asking if I can play.  We'll get along if you enjoy a little sarcasm, don't mind answering questions, like coffee (espresso, coffee roasting, etc), skiing (up or downhill), bikes (road, single track, or Zwift), and can tolerate pointers on your shitty desk ergonomics.  I generally come in 2nd by most metrics so if you're super anal about winning all the time then I'm a safe bet. 

• Like 1

Hi everyone,

I'll try to keep this as brief as possible; my name is Leland and I'm a member from a few years ago and have decided to re-start my trading career.  I was first exposed to the market in 2013 and naively made some cash buying stock and, at the time didn't know I was gambling.  PLUG made a run up one night in 2014, as I was trading in Tokyo hours and I made close to $1k.  Since then I've been off and on at various levels of seriousness, culminating in a $13k($10k principle and all gain) loss after going live for one month using DAS, about 2 and a half years ago.  If I'm honest with myself about that and the time period since, I wasn't really a trader.  I was trading on borrowed money, which is doomed to start.

I've done some personal and financial work, gotten out of debt, and put some cash aside.  There's much more to do.  The psychology modules really have opened me up to the mental problems I've had with becoming a trader.  For instance, when I joined BBT and went live, I would post the highest number I could in the chatroom and whatsapp, because of Narcissism and needing to feel important.  I share Mike's sentiment of needing to be right, and would try to win EVERY trade and prove the market wrong.  

So here I am in North Carolina, a brand new scarred up trader in training.  Haven't even bought the DAS sim yet, because I want to go back through all the modules a least a couple time before even starting that.

I'm not great with online relationship but I hope to make some type of connections here, and add value as well instead of just taking from the community like I did before.

Leland Watson

• Like 1

Hello Everyone, My name is Prakash and I am from Dallas, TX. I am new to day trading, but do little bit of swing trading. 

I am working full time in my corporate job, but have 1-2 hours available in the morning market hours. I read Andrew's book and felt like I can learn this. I am going over the training material and started the simulator for couple weeks now. I am learning the risk management and trying to find the right strategy. I am still very slow in identifying strategy in live environment. Hope to learn that soon:)

Looking forward to any meetup in Dallas-Fort worth area and connect with some of the experienced day traders.

Edited by prakashbpatel

On 8/1/2021 at 6:50 PM, prakashbpatel said:

Hello Everyone, My name is Prakash and I am from Dallas, TX. I am new to day trading, but do little bit of swing trading. 

I am working full time in my corporate job, but have 1-2 hours available in the morning market hours. I read Andrew's book and felt like I can learn this. I am going over the training material and started the simulator for couple weeks now. I am learning the risk management and trying to find the right strategy. I am still very slow in identifying strategy in live environment. Hope to learn that soon:)

Looking forward to any meetup in Dallas-Fort worth area and connect with some of the experienced day traders.

Welcome to BBT Prakash! Stay tuned for Tx meetups! 

Hello BBT,

My name is Pedro, I'm from Portugal.

I'm new to trading. I practiced for 2 months in SIM (April  and May) and start live since June with small size just to get used. I'm trading in part-time at this moment, but want to do this full-time when i can be consistently profitable. Still looking to get break even...

Hope i can get all the help an knowlege here with this comunity.

Hugs,

Pedro.

On 8/4/2021 at 5:15 PM, Pedro Pereira said:

Hello BBT,

My name is Pedro, I'm from Portugal.

I'm new to trading. I practiced for 2 months in SIM (April  and May) and start live since June with small size just to get used. I'm trading in part-time at this moment, but want to do this full-time when i can be consistently profitable. Still looking to get break even...

Hope i can get all the help an knowlege here with this comunity.

Hugs,

Pedro.

Welcome to BBT Pedro! 

Hi BBT community. I am new with pretty much everything here and related to trading. I found Andrew's books last year and the BBT books earlier this year. I've begun my journey and I plan to do this full time. I usually keep a low profile, but I plan to come out of hole from time to time.

To Andrew, BBT mentors, and BBT community - thanks for sharing your knowledge, experience, and stories!

Saint_K

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Saint_K said:

Hi BBT community. I am new with pretty much everything here and related to trading. I found Andrew's books last year and the BBT books earlier this year. I've begun my journey and I plan to do this full time. I usually keep a low profile, but I plan to come out of hole from time to time.

To Andrew, BBT mentors, and BBT community - thanks for sharing your knowledge, experience, and stories!

Saint_K

Welcome Saint_K - Really hope you enjoy it here. It truly is the best Trading Community imo. All about the education and experience. 

• Like 1

Hello BearBull Traders,

My name is Gradey(Gr80 in chatrooms) I am 30 an live in Soldotna AK. After 14 years in the oil and gas industry I walked away from my job and started looking for something new. Found trading and have been hooked ever since. I am still and expect to always been in the learning phase working on getting 1% better everyday. I was part of a few other trading courses and groups for awhile but just felt like it was so difficult to either get questions answered or get to know fellow traders. After listening to Mastering Trading Psychology I started to look into BBT and finally convinced myself to try it out..... so far I'm ecstatic with what all I've gotten  out of the  course just in a short time.

I'm excited to get to know the group better and see how much I improve my trading through the group and hope that I am able to help others learn and improve their trading as well. My trading has been fairly lonely so if anyone is looking for a trading/accountability buddy to bounce ideas off, talk through ideas, or do some post trade reviews with let me know(Still a newbie so any level is appreciated).

Hola everyone! My name is Jaime (Hi-May) M. I am 35 and live in Phoenix AZ. I have been a full time Realtor (part time real estate investor) for 10 years now and have been interested in day trading since 2017. As of July 2021 I have decided to focus my attention on becoming a full time trader. I found the BBT community after reading one of Andrew's books and as of yesterday I am officially an Elite Member. I have been paper trading in Think or Swim all of August and am starting the DAS simulator on Monday. I am looking forward to learning as much as possible and contributing where I can! 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Jaimemeraz said:

Hola everyone! My name is Jaime (Hi-May) M. I am 35 and live in Phoenix AZ. I have been a full time Realtor (part time real estate investor) for 10 years now and have been interested in day trading since 2017. As of July 2021 I have decided to focus my attention on becoming a full time trader. I found the BBT community after reading one of Andrew's books and as of yesterday I am officially an Elite Member. I have been paper trading in Think or Swim all of August and am starting the DAS simulator on Monday. I am looking forward to learning as much as possible and contributing where I can! 

Welcome to BBT Jaime! 

• Like 1

On 8/23/2021 at 8:28 PM, Lounatix said:

Hello BearBull Traders,

My name is Gradey(Gr80 in chatrooms) I am 30 an live in Soldotna AK. After 14 years in the oil and gas industry I walked away from my job and started looking for something new. Found trading and have been hooked ever since. I am still and expect to always been in the learning phase working on getting 1% better everyday. I was part of a few other trading courses and groups for awhile but just felt like it was so difficult to either get questions answered or get to know fellow traders. After listening to Mastering Trading Psychology I started to look into BBT and finally convinced myself to try it out..... so far I'm ecstatic with what all I've gotten  out of the  course just in a short time.

I'm excited to get to know the group better and see how much I improve my trading through the group and hope that I am able to help others learn and improve their trading as well. My trading has been fairly lonely so if anyone is looking for a trading/accountability buddy to bounce ideas off, talk through ideas, or do some post trade reviews with let me know(Still a newbie so any level is appreciated).

Welcome to BBT Gradey! 

• Thanks 1