Lee W

Introduce Yourself!

Hey Mike,

Welcome to the community! First and foremost Thank You for your services and we look forward to seeing you in the chatroom soon.

Wish you best of luck getting everything settle to start your simulation.

Carlos

• Like 1

Thanks Carlos,

Great Interview the other day with Andrew. I can relate to the think or swim application not being very compatible with how this community trades, as I had the same experience in the simulator trying to get orders filled. Looking forward to downloading the DAS trader this Friday.

Mike

• Like 1

Hello Bear Bull Traders,

My name is Troy Hollon. I am a firefighter from Winchester Kentucky (Just outside of Lexington).

I have been interested in the markets for several years. In January, right around the same time my first daughter was born, I found Andrew's book. His book grabbed my attention and made me want to seriously look at trading as not just an interest, but as a way to make some extra money.

I love my job as a firefighter, but it doesn't pay very well. It does allow me to trade at least three days a week though because my schedule is 24 hours on shift / 48 hours off shift. If I ever want to do anything more in life and feel more financially stable, I have to either spend the majority of my time at work working overtime, or find something to do on the side. Trading is what I want, and I want to find success in this community with other like minded people.

I've been watching Andrew on YouTube ever since I read his book and, as of recently, am a new member of this community. While I am saving up for a trading computer, I'll be in the chat every day I'm off work and I'll be learning all I can about trading in order to better prepare myself for the simulator. I've set in my mind that I am going to succeed at trading, so I'm in this for the long haul. I look forward to getting to know you all and experiencing success together.

Troy

Welcome to the community Troy!

Having the flexibility to trade a few times a week while still having a steady income can take off some of the mental pressure of trading, oppose to going live full time expecting to produce gains right away. Glad to have you with us, see you in the chatroom!

Carlos

Hello community,

My name is Aznariy, but people in the chat get to know me as GordonFreaman (due to American habit not to memorize foreign names :-). I'm 33 now, and first heard about stock trading 1,5 year ago. I'm in IT field, working for one of the biggest financial institution in Jacksonville, FL.  One of my former colleague shared with me his swing trading experience and how he makes additional $2K - $3K a month from it. That event really lighted the fire and I started looking for any helpful materials online. I really wanted to get rid from 9-5 job as it has so many limitations on your personal freedom and life style. Thankfully I found Andrew's book on Amazon, which probably saved me thousands of dollars on other unnecessary classes or courses. While reading the book, a feeling was build that the guy just sits home, wakes up and 6 am, and until around 9 am local time he is up several grands. That's exactly what I also can do 🙂 This was back in October 2017, and I was deeply mistaken with my thoughts 🙂   

Later I started following BBT YouTube channel and trying to learn from it. One day I used promo code that Andrew introduced in one of his recaps and signed up for annual membership with the community. The community is great, especially with unlimited class access, live chat, Andrew's help with watch-list building every morning, moderators timely responses to emails and any other questions.

However, currently the biggest impediment for me is that I can't lively participate in the trading session with DAS simulator as I have to be at work. As I'm the only breadwinner in the family I can't quit the job right away; I'm slowly looking for remote opportunity. I try to do backtesting with ThinkOrSwim platform every evening once I'm back from work and apply Andrew's strategies described in the book. My biggest goal now is to save the simulated deposit and not to drown it.

Regards, Aznariy R              

Edited by Gordon Freaman
  • Like 1

Hi, I'm Kyle .. KyleK29 in the chat. Almost 34 years young. Here's a brief overview of my journey so far ..

At age 13, I started on an entrepreneurial path doing Web Design work while living in Silicon Valley - my first "company" I guess. That work eventually led to some decent full time positions, a move to Las Vegas, and continued personal growth until I took a jump of faith and left it all for a tech start-up.

That didn't last long (they rarely do) and I went back to school, juggled college hockey, work, and school to earn my degree in Sports Medicine / Entrepreneurship. While there, I dabbled in a crypto-mining operation before a professor I was helping at a startup competition convinced me to enter another project (A.I. related) of mine - one thing led to another, I won a few regional's, finished as a semi-finalist at nationals, and made a push for the tech start-up dream - a free cereal bar, and nap pods! A few radio interviews, newspaper articles, and VC pitches later, we lost momentum and sit in limbo [no one said this would be easy].

So not one to sit still (it's a problem), a programming side project related to trading led me to pickup a book I bought years prior - Harvey Walsh, Day Trade for Profit - not a bad book, but it rekindled something I've always wanted to learn.  I read a few other books (including Andrew's), and tried a few other places before landing on BBT. It proved a much better fit for me and I quickly jumped at the lifetime membership.

With that in mind, you'll likely find me helpful, if not a little optimistic at times. I don't believe that the journey in life is set in stone, it just takes a constant stretching of your comfort zone (rhyming unintentional) and a willingness to accept mistakes as excellent opportunities to learn.

Edited by KyleK29
words that needed better wordsmithing
  • Like 1

---------------------------------------------------------
Profile / Project Pages (Dynamic Hotkeys, StreamDeck Files, and other contributions are located here)

Hello everyone.  My name is Garrett, I’m 34 and I’m from the Buffalo NY area. For my entire working career I’ve been in a local family retail business which has since shut down like a lot of other retail stores these days.  I currently run a small online retail operation but am looking to pursue my passion of day trading. I have some previous swing trading experience but it’s day trading that suits my personality. I have a unique opportunity that affords me the time in the morning to trade in the simulator and then move on to managing my business after that.  I, like most everyone else, found Andrew’s book on Amazon and read it numerous times. I joined the chatroom and began simulator training in May and have a goal of going live in August, small size. The chatroom and forum has proven to be extremely valuable in that we are able to learn from other members’ stories and experiences as well as ask questions.  The moderators are all amazing and are very open and helpful. I look forward to learning much more and being a part of this trading community. Many thanks to Andrew and the other members and moderators.

• Like 1

Hello.  My name is Jay S and I live in Minneapolis.  Looking for others in the area that I can connect with.  I am brand new to trading.  Still working in Corp America, but am looking to for something different.  My learning curve will be steeper as I do have a full time job and want to make the transition to trading slowly.  But, I hope to learn from Andrew and the group here.  

• Like 1

Hi guys! I've been here for like a month but never introduced my self here :DD 

My name is Aiman, I'm an Arab, well, half an arab 😄 My mother is Russian, I've lived half of my life in Russia, the other half in Yemen, currently I live in Russia; Studying actually :DI'm a medicine student, I want to become a heart surgeon xD. I've never known that stock markets actually exist, and that everyone has a chance to trade! First time I heard about trading was related to cryptos,  I thought it was an easy way to become rich, I read lots of scams, youtube videos that explained how easy it's to become rich by investing in cryptos, so I opened an account on some website, made a small deposit(500 euros) and on march bought at 12k hearing that it's going back to 20k and even 100k!! So dump right?)) Anyway, it fell to 8k, and I kept holding, then 9k, and I decided to get out, luckily my loss was 30% of 500 euros not 30% of 5000!!! I started reading about cryptos, support and resistances, and how to trade them, eventually I figured out that wasn't for me, and it's not a profession one can hold on to, maybe only hope. Along with cryptos I was reading about  stocks, investing, and swing trading, but I figured out that with my capital I'll suffer there. Eventually I came across day trading! I watched tons of videos, read tens of books, got attached to it. My last book was Andrew's book'How to day trade for a living'. Honestly! Best book I've ever read, so simple, has everything summarized. It made daytrading simple! I was so confused with those lagging complicated indicators that I felt I'll need years to figure them out, I actually was ready to study even for years, :DD I mean comparing 6 years in medicine to 3 years studying indicators? It worth it:D Anyway, after Andrew's book, and how simple he explained everything, I searched for him in youtube, I watched all his recaps, emailed him a few times, and I actually was surprised how fast he was responding! I texted a lot of youtubers seeking for information but their answer was mostly"Sign up to my chatroom and you'll get everything you need, everything I do is taught there!" Andrew in compare to every other traders was humble, and helped for free :DD Answered all the questions I asked without asking for anything in return, I really loved that and after that I decided to join the chatroom, I paid for anual member ship+3 months das simulator, I might pay for 3 more months because I want to practice more, and hopefully in the next week I'll pay for a lifetime membership :DDD

I really love this community, members here are nice, helpful, and overwhelming :DD Thank you for doing everything you do xD 

Edited by Aiman Almansoori
  • Like 2

Howdy all,

My name is Morgan but I go by Sterno most of the time (former callsign that has followed me around).

Like most everyone, I started to look into day trading for the freedom it offered and came across Andrew’s book.  It was well written, easy to follow and, to me, gave a clear path to success.  After some research into other programs, I came back to Andrew’s and have never looked back.  Luckily, I live in the Pacific Northwest and am able to trade for 45 min every morning before I have to leave for work.

I started the sim a couple of weeks ago and am really enjoying the process.  I am a former fighter pilot and, believe it or not, the processes are similar in a lot of ways.  Both entail discipline, the need to read and react quickly under pressure and constant practice.  Our missions consisted of planning and briefing, executing the mission then coming back and debriefing to see how we did executing the plan, was it a good plan, how did we react to changing circumstances, etc.  Every single flight was a learning experience and most of the learning came in the debrief.  I see day trading as very similar (minus the risk to life J)  As traders we preplan prior to the open by looking for stocks in play, reviewing what strategies we are going to use, reviewing entry cues, reviewing our rules, etc.  We then execute our plan after the market opens and when we are done for the day we review our trades to see how we did in executing our plan (or at least we should).  Not just did we win or lose but where did we do well and where could we have done better.     

Anyways, I look forward to gaining experience and participating in the community.  Everyone here is helpful, humble and it is because of the example Andrews sets.  I hope to eventually create some checklists for debriefing each trade (again applying what I know from my past) and look forward to sharing them for feedback. 

See you all around chat!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Sterno said:

Howdy all,

My name is Morgan but I go by Sterno most of the time (former callsign that has followed me around).

Like most everyone, I started to look into day trading for the freedom it offered and came across Andrew’s book.  It was well written, easy to follow and, to me, gave a clear path to success.  After some research into other programs, I came back to Andrew’s and have never looked back.  Luckily, I live in the Pacific Northwest and am able to trade for 45 min every morning before I have to leave for work.

I started the sim a couple of weeks ago and am really enjoying the process.  I am a former fighter pilot and, believe it or not, the processes are similar in a lot of ways.  Both entail discipline, the need to read and react quickly under pressure and constant practice.  Our missions consisted of planning and briefing, executing the mission then coming back and debriefing to see how we did executing the plan, was it a good plan, how did we react to changing circumstances, etc.  Every single flight was a learning experience and most of the learning came in the debrief.  I see day trading as very similar (minus the risk to life J)  As traders we preplan prior to the open by looking for stocks in play, reviewing what strategies we are going to use, reviewing entry cues, reviewing our rules, etc.  We then execute our plan after the market opens and when we are done for the day we review our trades to see how we did in executing our plan (or at least we should).  Not just did we win or lose but where did we do well and where could we have done better.     

Anyways, I look forward to gaining experience and participating in the community.  Everyone here is helpful, humble and it is because of the example Andrews sets.  I hope to eventually create some checklists for debriefing each trade (again applying what I know from my past) and look forward to sharing them for feedback. 

See you all around chat!

Loved the similarities between combat flights and day trading!

Hi guys! My name is Ali and I've been a member here for a few weeks so I thought i should introduce myself 🙂

I'm originally Egyptian but I've lived in the UK my whole life. I'm 19 and I got into stocks earlier this year after I read Rich Dad, Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki. After some research I purchased some FB stocks and held them for a few months and managed to make a little profit with the funds I had. During this time I went to a one-day stock market course near London and learned about day trading and the FOREX market. That day they offered us a yearly course for an insane amount of money that I didn't have, so I decided to do the work myself. I came across Andrews book, which then led me to BearBullTraders and I've loved day trading ever since. It's no walk in the park but I'm just glad that I've finally found something that I really enjoy.

I'm going to Cardiff, Wales this September to study Maths but I hope I'll still have time to continue my day trading. I've been in the sim for about 7 weeks now and I'm happy with the progress I've made. Although I don't think I'll be ready to trade live within the next 4-6 weeks I'm confident I'll pass the learning curve and be able to trade live in 2/3 months time (I hope) 😄 Every night I look forward to the next day to start trading again and I dread the weekends.

I'm very grateful for all the tips the members have given me and of course to Andrew for all his help.

Ali

• Like 1

Hello Everyone!

My name is Rebecca and I live in Sherwood, Oregon....just south of Portland.   I joined last week but today was my 2nd day on the simulator...I watched all the videos, read Andrews book, thought I was so ready, got on the simulator and kinda froze...I didn't know what I was doing, everything was going so fast.  I am now re-watching all the videos again..then maybe again...

My son gave me Andrews book to read and he was right I really enjoyed it - I am very excited to learn from you all and so happy to be part of the Bear Bull Traders!

• Like 1

Hi Rebecca. Welcome to the family. It can be daunting at first but with time it will seem much slower. Re-watch the videos and just keep doing sim as long as it takes to get comfortable. There's no rush to go live. Make sure to ask questions. There are many awesome helpful people in the group.

PJ

• Like 1

Hi Bear Bull Traders,

‘I am from Melbourne Australia. Found Andrews books on Amazon and am almost through the first one so decided to join.

i have always been interested in the share market and while hubby and l have a few “Blue Chip - long term shares” l have always wanted to learn more about day trading and try my hand at it. I love the idea of using the simulator so my plan is to learn and practice as much as l can from now until the new year before diving in to spending “our real money”! We are semi retired so l now have more time on my hands, and since we like to travel trading is something we can still do from anywhere in the world provided we have internet access! I am keen to learn all the terms and strategies....some sound so confusing at the moment but l am sure l will get the hang of it. Would be great to chat with anyone who lives in Australia or trades in the ASX (Australian stock market) as whilst we already have some USA stocks and a trading account the time difference will be a bit difficult at times. 

Looking forward to learning lots....but please be patient with me 😉

Cheers

Sue Waghorn (leilajake)

• Like 2