Lee W

Introduce Yourself!

Greetings!

I am Gjeret, from just outside of Milwaukee. Mid 40’s, wife, kids., business owner.

I have been running an IT services Firm since 2007, have a few employees and have been profitable every year (even if it was just profitable)  and....

I am tired of it.  Not the tech, but the clients and the emergency calls at 2am, the Amazon affect decimating any hardware profits, and small business owners taking the advice of they Kid at Best Buy or the neighbors 13yo over the advice of an expert. The HR aspects of the business, the “work when you want” unless a client has an emergency or schedules a move.  So...

One of my very very very successful friends owns a software firm, as we were getting drunk at a food crawl, he confided in  me that his money wasn’t from the tech, that just funded him, his money was from the stock market   That has always been in the back of my mind

GME got me interested enough to open a Robinhood account, then a Webull and fidelity account.  Learned the hard way not to chase a meme stock, and found a saying on Reddit...

Bulls make money, Bears make money, Pigs get slaughtered.

I got slaughtered 

but, got back up, picked up a book off Amazon (day trading for a living), 

reading that trading was work, but there was a trainable process and was often boring ...  I need some boring!  That sounds wonderful!

that book led me to this website, so I signed up..

9 hours ago, gjeret said:

Greetings!

I am Gjeret, from just outside of Milwaukee. Mid 40’s, wife, kids., business owner.

I have been running an IT services Firm since 2007, have a few employees and have been profitable every year (even if it was just profitable)  and....

I am tired of it.  Not the tech, but the clients and the emergency calls at 2am, the Amazon affect decimating any hardware profits, and small business owners taking the advice of they Kid at Best Buy or the neighbors 13yo over the advice of an expert. The HR aspects of the business, the “work when you want” unless a client has an emergency or schedules a move.  So...

One of my very very very successful friends owns a software firm, as we were getting drunk at a food crawl, he confided in  me that his money wasn’t from the tech, that just funded him, his money was from the stock market   That has always been in the back of my mind

GME got me interested enough to open a Robinhood account, then a Webull and fidelity account.  Learned the hard way not to chase a meme stock, and found a saying on Reddit...

Bulls make money, Bears make money, Pigs get slaughtered.

I got slaughtered 

but, got back up, picked up a book off Amazon (day trading for a living), 

reading that trading was work, but there was a trainable process and was often boring ...  I need some boring!  That sounds wonderful!

that book led me to this website, so I signed up..

Welcome, Gjeret! We will strive to be on the interesting edge of boring....keep smiling and I look forward to seeing you in the chatroom!

• Like 1

Hello BBT Family!

I am in Tomball Texas (suburb/small town in NW Houston). I am 51 years old and have worked for myself for the past 20 years. I have been an owner/operator of several IT Consulting Companies. These companies have afforded me a lifestyle to do the things I truly love. I have coached high school football and baseball for the past 10 years, my true passion, winning multiple State Championships across both sports. The best was is that I was able to coach both of my sons through Jr High and High School in both sports creating memories that we will have forever. My wife also coached my daughter in cheer during that time, so it was a complete family affair. Even though my kids have graduated, I continue to coach for the love of the coach/player relationship and the impact I can have on these young men. Like my own sons, I maintain relationships with them after graduating, many of who are now getting married and having children of their own.

Professionally, it has always been an up/down market, especially here in Houston where most of my customers are large/medium oil-related companies. My latest companies' services have been focused on Business Intelligence/Reporting and Analytics for the past 10 years. I love the work that we do, because I love bringing a customer's business alive to them on the screen and allowing them to make better decisions.

Since 2018, the daily grind of chasing that next project and that next customer has weared on me and I have begun to lose my passion for the business. I started looking for alternative business ideas that I could really get excited about. I love coaching and sports and looked at some areas there. I love mountain biking and since I was a kid have enjoyed building and customizing my own bicycles, so I looked I explored those areas.

In 2020, my business was almost decimated due to COVID and the oil and gas industry cutting way back. I never thought much about the stock market, except from a data analytics perspective. At times we would use publicly available market data to demo our data aggregation and reporting solutions. I always thought that you needed to be educated in economics/finance to really understand the stock market and be a trader.

Andrews book came across my Kindle recommendations and peaked my interest. While reading his book, I was really drawn to the analytics of the real-time data (it just happened to be stock candlestick charts and level 2 price data). My analytical brain couldn't get enough. I joined BBT and started through the Educational Center, watching everything I could. I got a SIM license to see if I could see the same things in a real-time environment, instead of just looking at historical charts and data. I couldn't believe how much fun I was having just watching stocks and price action (even if I wasn't trading). Reminded me of teaching my sons how to hunt by making them just watch deer for hours and hours, seeing how they interacted with one another and how the environment would change their behavior (cold/hot/raining/windy/etc).

For the first time, since I started my first company, I really felt drawn to something tot he point that I was willing to invest hours and hours in education/training/practicing. Sometimes just watching stocks and how they respond to the environment without trading. I have finally found what I want to do as my next career.

I am finishing my first 3 months in simulator and am opening a small CMEG account to start trading live. I know it will be a long journey, so I am keeping my consulting business alive a little longer until I can trade full time. I love this community and am thrilled to be a part of it.

• Like 1

Wooo!!! Burnt Out Information Technology Business Owners / Consultants Unite!

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, gjeret said:

Wooo!!! Burnt Out Information Technology Business Owners / Consultants Unite!

LOL....we should have a summit, u think !!!

• Like 1

Hello Everyone....This is Mohamed (Moe) Nada from Egypt..

I'm 37 years old, married, have 3 kids, and have no experience whatsoever in trading!!

So what got me into trading now?

Well, let me give a little background about myself...

I'm an Electronics Engineer, but never really worked as an engineer...My 15 years of corporate experience is mainly in Operations and Sales...currently I work for GE as Commercial Operations Manager (well, I know the GE stock is not really popular among some of you here in BBT, especially Norm, but trust it's not my fault 🙂).

I've always thought that investing and trading were very dangerous endeavors after hearing all those horrible stories about people who went broke...I always chose the "safe" way which is depositing my savings in the bank for interest and maybe enrolling into some of the bank's "Investment and Insurance" policies that guarantees a fixed return after x number of years...

What really struck me was that one of those policies I enrolled back in 2011 got the bank deducting a small portion of my salary on monthly basis...I actually forgot about this one (the amount was really small to be noticed, plus it was an "investment" plan anyway so I wasn't expecting anything in the short term), but when I asked about it's due date (which should be in 2021) and the amount that I should be receiving, they told me that I made some additional 12,000 Egyptian Pounds....That's around 760 USD!!!

Yes you got that right...760 USD was my total return AFTER 10 YEARS!!!

Of course the amount that got deducted every month for this policy for the 10 years was so small, but still...I thought to myself, what if I was actually investing this small amount myself every month for 10 years? What would have been the outcome? Well, I think I could have done better than 760 USD.

So when I started reading and learning about investing and trading, I came across Day Trading and Andrew's book...

I finished the book in 3 days...And I just couldn't think of anything else...I took notes (haven't done that since my university days), researched the internet, re-read many parts of book over again...I just got hooked...and it's not because of the profits (of course it is still a factor), but I just fell in love with the process, the strategies, the psychological aspects and the challenge.

I actually tried many side hustles in the past, but none of the things I tried really resonated with me and my personality like trading. I sometimes question myself now how come I never thought of getting into this field earlier...but I believe that everything happens for a reason...Probably if I got in any earlier, I would have been that reckless trader who would have blown his own account in the first couple of weeks/months and would stop trading for good...

Now that I've become a little wiser (I hope!!) and not really going after the bucks (my current job pays the bills), I believe I'm better positioned to take on this challenge at this point in my life and take my time in learning, preparing and doing it the right way.

Currently I'm reviewing the online classes, working on my TradeBook and strategy (currently VWAP reversal is my favorite...I have no idea why but it's the one that resonated with me the most, so I'm sticking with it for now) and planning to be on a simulator sometime this week for 3 months. Hopefully by July I will go live.

Sorry for the long introduction guys. Can't wait to discuss with you all, and looking forward to seeing you in the Chatroom.

Edited by moenada

Hello everyone,

My story is probably like many. I was a military guy for 10 years, now I'm in the family Dry Cleaning business. I like the challenge of owning a business and running it (Covid was a real test!), however, I would like to leave my area of the country but...thats difficult. This isn't the type of business to be an absentee owner. Its very labor heavy and machinery heavy, which I'd like to get away from with rapidly rising costs.

I have always dabbled in stocks, but had no strategy, little knowledge, got lucky here, unlucky there but it was fascinating. Like many others, I searched for some reading material to gain knowledge, Andrew's book came up so I purchased and read it. It really got my mind turning that this lifestyle could fit what I want to accomplish and do. I'm no stranger to hard work and steep learning curves, and this seems to be no exception!

I look forward to learning and growing with this community.

Greetings!  My name is Scott, I live in Stillwater Minnesota. Found BBT via an audio book on Audible. I've been studied trading for over 5 years before moving to live charts, and just started  trading real money with the MES (Micro-ES).  

As I prove to myself I can consistently trade, only then will I move on to the ES-mini. 

I am looking forward to checking out BBT and see what it is all about first hand. All fo  now.....

Hi guys,

My name is David from Switzerland, 39 years old and considering Day trading after reading Andrew's 2 books. 

I just finished my 1 week trial and gonna start the monthly subscription in order to learn as much as I can to see if DT is for me.

Chers!

Greetings everybody from here in the UK. 

My name is Kyle Spiller and I am right at the beginning of my journey to learn how to become successful at day trading.

My day job is in the field of Construction dispute resolution which developed from my primary trade of Quantity Surveying (not sure what you would call this profession in the US?).  Luckily I work for myself so I have the flexibility to perform my day role around US trading hours.

This looks like a really vibrant community and I'm looking forward to learning with you all.

It would be great to hear from anyone else who is UK based and understanding how you manage the time difference.

Best Regards
Kyle

• Like 2

Hi BBT,

My name's Kevin, ("Gator" in BBT).

Joined BBT 6 months ago after doing some trading and reading Andrew's book. I have market experience as a former analyst.

I've been in Sim for several months and just began trading live a month ago. 

Looking for others to chat about anything Trading related.

I live on Long Island for those NY metro traders. Who knows, we might be able to get together soon.

Thanks,

Kevin

• Like 2

Hello BBT'ers,

My name is David ("RunnerJones" in BBT).

I'm from the UK, I'm a filmmaker (well a videographer, but filmmaker sounds much cooler). I work from home when I'm editing, so that gives me the chance to trade the open of the markets, if I'm efficient with my time. I'm also a keen runner (hence the forum handle), and I'm usually training for one event or another, next up is Manchester marathon.

I've dabbled on and off in trading/investing since buying some Bitcoin back in 2013. I actually bought a few coins for $500 a piece back then, and almost instantly they crashed to $50, so that was my first big lesson in the markets, and I've had a few more lessons since then. 

I've found myself pulled towards day trading, and after joining BBT last week, I'm now slowly working my way through the education on the site, and thoroughly enjoying the process.

If anyone else is at a similar stage in their BBT journey, and want some company along the way then please do drop me a line as I'd love to hear from you.

Happy trading everyone,

David

• Like 1

Greetings BBT!

My name is Nolan, I'm a 21 year-old aspiring actor and martial artist from San Francisco, CA.  I have always found interest in both business and investing, and after endless research and then reading Andrew's book How to Day Trade for a Living,  there was no better way to start my journey to financial freedom than to join a credible community of successful day traders and acquiring life-long skills to understand the financial markets.  I am very pleased with what the community has to offer and the opportunities it brings.  I just joined this week and focusing mainly in the Education Center and Onboarding introductions.  I cannot wait to meet everyone in the community and soak as much knowledge in as I can.  I appreciate everyone giving me the chance to learn, and someday I hope I can contribute to the growth and education of the BBT community!

Thank you BBT!

Nolan

Hello BBT,

My name is James.  I have been investing in stocks for several years and have been interested in trading for awhile now.  I stumbled across Andrew's book on Amazon, which led me here. 

I have just moved from Los Angeles to Boston.  As I am working from home and am still working west coast hours, I have extra time in the morning to get more serious about trading.

I have just signed up for the yearly membership and am voraciously devouring what content I can. This seems like a great community and I'm looking forward to what will come.

Thanks and happy trading all.

James

Hello Traders,

My name is Luis. I'm an IT consultant out of Puerto Rico. I discovered Andrew through his first book about 4 years ago. I was so impressed with the community that I joined for several months just to get a feel for the group. Unfortunately, my focus at the moment was to solidify my business, capitalize and get ready to officially jump in. So I'm here now to officially begin my day trading journey. I don't have any rush and would like to learn first of all. I have a background in financial advising having being licensed for about 9 years and hated the business part of it. Would love to setup a simple system where I can begin getting small accomplishments and go from there. I'm open to buddy with anyone else who finds themselves in a similar situation as me and would like to openly and humbly share their goals and learning journey.

Thanks for reading and happy learning.

Luis