Lee W

Introduce Yourself!

Hello. My name is Scott - my username does not give away my age but I'm not MUCH younger than that. I'm here because I have a vision to transition to trading to provide at least 1/2 of my income in ~2 years when I choose to (or am force to) retire from my current company. I am blessed that I have time between now and then to learn and practice at night - once I'm able to go live I'll have certain time limitations until I do leave my company. I believe trading suits my personality - I'm disciplined and I'm comfortable with risk and I want to be home with my family and live flexibly (location / land). This community seems to be the right place for me. Right now I'm a few videos into the "education" section. I'm a brand new trading baby and really don't know much at all yet - my brain hurts with everything so far :).

Scott

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, dad54 said:

Hello. My name is Scott - my username does not give away my age but I'm not MUCH younger than that. I'm here because I have a vision to transition to trading to provide at least 1/2 of my income in ~2 years when I choose to (or am force to) retire from my current company. I am blessed that I have time between now and then to learn and practice at night - once I'm able to go live I'll have certain time limitations until I do leave my company. I believe trading suits my personality - I'm disciplined and I'm comfortable with risk and I want to be home with my family and live flexibly (location / land). This community seems to be the right place for me. Right now I'm a few videos into the "education" section. I'm a brand new trading baby and really don't know much at all yet - my brain hurts with everything so far :).

Scott

Welcome to the community. Ask lots of questions! We love to help.

Cheers,

Peter

• Thanks 1

Hello All - my name is Seamus, and I've been a BBT member for about a month, but am just finding the forum.  I live in Chicago with my wife and 3 kids, and am transitioning out of a business that I recently sold.  I am looking to make trading my next career.  I have previous retail experience and was series 7 licensed at one point, which means I know less than anyone about how trading actually works.  BBT is a good fit for me because of the time frames and strategies used, and I am excited to learn more from everyone here.  DM me if you are looking for a trading / training buddy!

Hi All, my name is Jeff and I signed up for BBT at the end of December.   I live in Calgary with my wife and we love getting to the outdoors including hiking, skiing and mountain biking.   One of my main goals this year was to learn if day trading was for me and if I actually could become a profitable trader, so at some point in the next 2-5 yrs, I could retire from drilling oil and gas wells in Alberta and move somewhere closer to mountains and lakes.  

From Andrew's book BBT seems like a great place to start.  I am working through the education series and will get setup hopefully with sim trading over breakup (April 15 to June 15th) when my rigs will be stuck in mud and I will have more time.  

Take care and looking forward to learning from everyone.

Jeff 

Hi Everyone, my name's Nigel and I'm based in the UK. I live up in the Lake District (Cumbria) where I've worked as a mountain guide/outdoor instructor for a number of years. Great job, but incredibly seasonal and almost impossible to make a good living, as work dries up in October and doesn't return until April. More of a hobby job. I was also in the military for 6 years (Air Force), have lived in Spain and Denmark during my life and currently work for a parcel delivery company! 

I came across Andrew's books last year and once I read them decided that Day Trading was something for me. I've always had an interest in the markets, so not a massive life changing decision. And better than delivering parcels for 10 hours per day 🙂 

Being UK based it's been tricky to figure a system out that takes in the time difference (I'm 5 hours ahead of the market) and allows me to learn, practice and eventually go live with Day Trading, while I still work my day job, something I need to do, financially.

My plan is to get in the sim by the end of February. I can't trade live in the SIM because I have to work still to pay the bills, but DAS Trader records the market right? Hope I've understood that correctly! Allows me to trade when I get home from my day job, or more likely, the following morning, early, before heading out for my job. 

When I'm ready to think about going live, I'll be changing my day job from full time to part time as I will still need an income and don't want to put pressure on my trading so that I have to earn a living from it straight away - not gonna happen.  So, my plan is to trade Mon - Wed each week live and sim on Thurs/Friday with the recorded market. Does this seem viable? Once I'm consistently making profit 3 days per week, I will then make the decision to trade full time  - hopefully February 2022. 

Sorry to waffle on a bit, looking forward to meeting everyone in the chat when I can.

Hi everyone, sorry for the delayed response; I need to setup email alerts on my favorite topics. I am very happy to join this community.  I have been trading on and off  for the past year. I live in DC and work in IT. I am day trading on the side, mainly during pre-market and when market opens. My goal is to become a full time day trader butI am conscious that it will take years before I become good at it. I have been day trading with real money for the past 8 months however I plan to go back on SIM to build focus more on the techniques and my confidence. The biggest challenge I found so far is understanding when and how to apply all the knowledge I gained. I would be really happy to work with you all so that we can become good at it!

Hi everyone,

I'm brand new to trading, and suspect I had a similar experience to many readers of Andrew's book. I live in Longmont, CO, and work in publishing (rights management). I've been so impressed by the community so far in terms of passion, knowledge, and integrity, and I can't wait to dive headfirst into process-focused trading with each of you.

Cheers,

Stephan

Hello everyone! My name is Tom Platania. I originally started with another trading group, but I am looking for a more friendly community where you don't feel like the stepchild. I have been an investment trader for years and have started Day Trading about 3.5 months ago, still in SIM. I found BBT on YouTube and read one of Alex's books, working on the next. 

I own a Virtual HVAC Design firm which allows me to spend time Day Trading without worrying about the company because I have people running it. The one thing I loved about the BBT videos is the thoroughness of the teachings and not spending so much time showing me how amazing they are. 

I was using TD Ameritrade, then after watching BBT videos, I switched to DAS, and as of today switch to IB. I am really looking forward to meeting all of you and learning from you. Once I have gotten my moneys worth form the other training group, I will be signing up with BBT

By the way, I have implemented many of the scripts William has talked about on YouTube for Dastrader; Thank you William!!!

Best Regards,

Tom  

Edited by Tom P

Hello All,

My name is Aaron, I live in the D.C. metro area, and am just getting into day trading.

I work on an oil tanker 3 months on/3 months off, a unique schedule that gives me significant income and time off, both things I'm hoping give me an opportunity to eventually profitably day trade on the side.

Excited to keep learning and talking to you all!

Hi Everyone, My name is Kyle A. I live In Central PA, about half an hour outside Harrisburg. I'm 31 and work as an operations supervisor for an aerospace company. I've been interested in the stock market for a while now, and have done some swing trading and crypto trading, but never took it too seriously. I was recently laid off and decided to take the free time I have to learn more about day trading. I've spent a bit of time with some other communities but after reading Andrews book and doing a trial, decided that this would be the right community for me. I've also been in the process of completing my degree in finance, so I am hoping to use some of what I learn here to help me in my career. 

I spent the last two weeks or so reading and going through all of the training, Today was my first day of the simulation, and im hoping to do it for another 3 months or so. 

Hello all! Feels good to be back in the BBT community.  I was in this community back in the Vancouver Trading days.  It has come a long way!  Congrats to Andrew, Bryan and the team for what they have built.  I look forward to trading with this community again.  I am currently still in the simulator with expectations to be live in the next 2-4 months.  I also find that having a small team of traders is invaluable.  If anyone is interested in being in a small group that shares recaps, etc - send me a DM!  

Hi,

My name is Lee. I'm from Sydney,  Australia.

Came across BBT on YouTube and decided to join the community here.  Hoping to gain some knowledge and insight on how you all trade the markets. 

Wish you the best in your trading, will see you in the chat room.

Good evening everyone!

I got into investing in the stock in December of 2019, and thoroughly enjoyed that rollercoaster of a ride, which fortunately had many more ups than downs. As I was on Amazon looking for books on valuing stocks, I stumbled across Andrew's book, needless to say, he got my f'ing hooked on this potential career path, which I don't know if I should be cursing him or thanking him...time will tell 🙂

A little bit about me, I'm 32 years old and live in Baltimore, MD, where I was born and raised. I have a super dry/sarcastic sense of humor which I'll try to refrain from on message boards because I'd rather not come across as a jerk when I'm just teasing 🙂 Other than that, I'm big into fishing, anything competitive/games, eating, working out (to eat), and going down YT rabbit holes (it's a problem). I'm very much looking forward to getting to know this group and helping out where I can.

Talk soon,

-Max

Edited by MaxMarch

Hello everybody! My name is Cees and I live in Gouda in the Netherlands. I'm 25 years old an I work as an airline pilot for KLM.

I've been daytrading now for about 1,5-2 years and made huge steps already, but I'm still missing an edge I feel to become profitable. Currently I'm trading with about a 25%-30% accuracy going for 2R or nothing, so I'm about 10% short of becoming a successful and profitable daytrader. I'm mainly looking for Pullbacks and 3 Bar plays and recently also for Opening Range Breakouts. Right now I'm mostly trading in the simulator still to protect my capital until I feel I've found what's needed to become profitable. I came across BBT on YouTube and read all Andrew's books by now.

The thing I've been struggling the most with is accepting any losses at all. They're obviously always going to happen, maybe even over 50% of the time shooting for 2R. But to me they always felt as failures and as an airline pilot, not succeeding 50% of the time is of course unacceptable. If anybody has any tips with it or any similar experiences please let me know and I'd love to get in touch with anybody to share experiences or to share trades and insights.

What I expect from the BBT community is just some community feedback and support and also to look at others and maybe give some feedback and support. I hope it'll help me find my edge and become successful and profitable over the next years.

Thanks a lot all anyways and I'm looking forward to talking to you all in the upcoming time!

Hello everyone.

My name is Jonathan (JR on the chat) and have been here for almost a month now I think.  I live in the UK in North London.

I worked in ABN AMRO (yes I worked with the credit derivatives desk at the fold!) , RBS and finally UBS many years ago in sales and was looking to transfer over to sales trading. I actually left the banks and have been a property developer ever since. The last few years have been very tough running larger and larger jobs. I finally realised I need to take a step back so I'm intending to shift to pure development by contracting all works out to main contractors and this has opened up time to finally realise my old and constant dream of trading for a living. Working the US markets is perfect as it allows me to do my diligence for the first half of the day in the other business and concentrate on trading in the afternoon.

As per probably everyone here and certainly those lucky enough to stumble across it Andrews book opened up a realisation of day trading without the reports and analysts working for the institutional investors that appears truly viable. Due to my history and constant interest in the markets I feel I have a good base of understanding; unfortunately nothing that applies to technical chart analysis. However the books I have read thanks to BBT have hugely improved that knowledge. 

I have been trading sim on DAS since I set it up and although I know I've only been guessing it has allowed me to put into practice working from the indicators and understanding of candlesticks. Currently putting together a trade book and intend to continue in the sim for another month or 2 dependant on consistency and profitability. 

Very much looking forward to getting involved with the community and learning and helping where I can.

As an aside I just want to say how impressive the systems and education that has been put together by BBT is. As a company owner what I learnt in a few short hours from Mr. Baehr's videos alone was embarrassing. Thank you for what you have created and the vast wealth of information provided. BBT is so much more than I expected when I signed up and I feel you have certainly provided me more than my money's worth.