Lee W

Introduce Yourself!

Hello BBT family!

I am Kostas, from Greece and I live in Glasgow, Scotland. 

I am civil engineer working 9-5 every weekday and few months ago I started dreaming about a second salary so I came across with Andrew's day trading book and I absolutely loved it! Now I am dreaming for becoming a consistently profitable day trader!   

I subscribed because I felt that it will totally worth it! So much info to learn from, it's just awesome!

Thanks and all the best to everyone!

Cheers

Kostas 

• Like 1

Hello BBT, I joined here about a week ago and just trying absorb as much as possible. Many years ago I started off on this journey trying out the Better Trades program, I attended the 3 day live session and then practiced a bit but I was still kind of lost. I was up and down and never developed a consistent process, I ended up in the red when I threw in the towel. Since then I've mostly stayed away from the market and just stuck to my day job but in the last 6 years I got married and now have a 3 year old and a 1 year old daughter and would really like to work toward a future where I'm not dependent on an employer for providing for my family. For now the plan is to learn and paper trade for a few months and hopefully in Q2/Q3 of 2021 start live trading part time in the mornings. We'll see how that goes, looking forward to meeting everyone.

• Like 1

Hi all,

I'm Matt, originally from New Zealand, but now live in Montana USA. I enjoy doing things outside such as mountain biking, skiing and climbing. I currently have  job where I work 12hrs every day for 3 weeks and then I am off for 3 weeks. For a long time I have wondered about day trading, but never looked into it seriously until recently. Obviously I plan to use my time off to practice trading. I'm still pretty skeptical about the whole thing to be honest, the other new people are all saying "wow, this place is great Im so glad I found it" and I'm still wondering if paying for the membership was a good idea or not. Regardless I plan to work hard and be optimistic about it, and time will tell!

20 hours ago, MattfromNZ said:

Hi all,

I'm Matt, originally from New Zealand, but now live in Montana USA. I enjoy doing things outside such as mountain biking, skiing and climbing. I currently have  job where I work 12hrs every day for 3 weeks and then I am off for 3 weeks. For a long time I have wondered about day trading, but never looked into it seriously until recently. Obviously I plan to use my time off to practice trading. I'm still pretty skeptical about the whole thing to be honest, the other new people are all saying "wow, this place is great Im so glad I found it" and I'm still wondering if paying for the membership was a good idea or not. Regardless I plan to work hard and be optimistic about it, and time will tell!

Matt, welcome to BBT! I certainly hope you find value here. When in the chatroom and the forums, don't ever hesitate to ask questions and get support. Everyone is great about helping out. We've all started with no knowledge and want to give back to help other. See you in the chatroom. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, car105b said:

Hello BBT, I joined here about a week ago and just trying absorb as much as possible. Many years ago I started off on this journey trying out the Better Trades program, I attended the 3 day live session and then practiced a bit but I was still kind of lost. I was up and down and never developed a consistent process, I ended up in the red when I threw in the towel. Since then I've mostly stayed away from the market and just stuck to my day job but in the last 6 years I got married and now have a 3 year old and a 1 year old daughter and would really like to work toward a future where I'm not dependent on an employer for providing for my family. For now the plan is to learn and paper trade for a few months and hopefully in Q2/Q3 of 2021 start live trading part time in the mornings. We'll see how that goes, looking forward to meeting everyone.

Welcome to the group! We're all here to help.

11 minutes ago, PeterD said:

Matt, welcome to BBT! I certainly hope you find value here. When in the chatroom and the forums, don't ever hesitate to ask questions and get support. Everyone is great about helping out. We've all started with no knowledge and want to give back to help other. See you in the chatroom. 

Thank you Peter! 

On 12/21/2020 at 11:42 AM, MattfromNZ said:

I'm still wondering if paying for the membership was a good idea or not.

LTM is the best option as u have done.  U get out wht u put in, I suggest the following :

1. Ask questions in CHAT and FORUM.....over and over if u dont understand

2. Search FORUM for ur topics of interest ..... I do it everyday and I have been trading for yrs.....learn something new or re-enforce something every time

3. Learn ur trading platform inside out......

4. Manage RISK.....this will save u for the long term

Welcome and Good luck 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Alastair said:

LTM is the best option as u have done.  U get out wht u put in, I suggest the following :

1. Ask questions in CHAT and FORUM.....over and over if u dont understand

2. Search FORUM for ur topics of interest ..... I do it everyday and I have been trading for yrs.....learn something new or re-enforce something every time

3. Learn ur trading platform inside out......

4. Manage RISK.....this will save u for the long term

Welcome and Good luck 

Thanks for the advice Alastair, I will strive to do all of those things. Hey while I have you, I did post a question yesterday that remains un-answered, if you have any more advice to give I'd be grateful 🙂

Hi everyone,

I'm Wayne, from Delaware.  I'm 49, single father of two teenage sons, prior active duty US Marine Corps officer in the 1990s, and a federal civilian for the past 20 years. I survived a battle with Hodgkin's lymphoma in April 2020, after six months of chemotherapy and 20 sessions of radiation, so I feel like I'm just getting started on Life Part 2.  I enjoy getting outdoors as often as possible and traveling with my sons, and I'm so grateful for the doctors and modern medicine that have allowed me the additional years to do so.

I've read four books on trading so far, including two of Andrew's, Brian's, and one other, and spent countless hours on the internet in pursuit of trading research and education.  I like to think I have a very good BS detector, and after scratching a lot off of my list, this community looked really good to me.  A few days ago, I decided to become a BBT lifetime member, and have begun the training progression and dabbled with the DAS simulator.  I watched the live chat room through market open the past two trading days and can already see the immense value this community provides.  I'm really looking forward to being a part of it!    

• Like 1

Hi everyone,

My name is David Zitter, I am 36 years old, from the Netherlands (Rotterdam) and I work there as an occupational health doctor. I have been reading about and orientating myself for roughly 9 months on trading/investing in stocks, and therefore also on day trading.

After reading Andrew Aziz’s book "How To Day Trade For A Living" and after that also ""Advanced Techniques in Day Trading", I want to take the serious step of actually being a day trader and am very determined and focussed on being a consistent day trader. Of course first in a simulator, where I am not in a hurry and count on 6 months of training in that simulator before day trading with real money. Further to know, I want to do it next to my work, which is doable on an daily basis because I have a lot of autonomy in my work and because of the +6 hours time difference I can do it after I'm done working. But practically, I think I want to do it 3-4 d/w, but I can also easily see myself doing it 5 d/w.

As was the advice I've read, don't trade alone. Besides the part that I very much like the social factor in it, I also value the group effort you can make together. So here I am 🙂, excited to meet all of you! Also, if possible, I'll find here a trading buddy or a mentor to guide me and who I can spar with.

And I always enjoy meeting like-minded people, new people, possibly future friends and expanding my network, so I’m always in for a videoconference with a coffee to talk some more about it! I would love to hear from all of you and be part of the community.

Cheers,

David

Edited by D_Zitter2
  • Like 2

Hi Folks

My name is Shannon - I'm from Calgary, Alberta, Canada.  I'm typically a pretty shy person - but thought I'd reach out to the community and see where it leads - I'm quite excited to be a part of the BBT community.  I stumbled upon Andrew's book last summer and was immediately drawn to his ability to humbly and clearly communicate information that I find is typically made quite technical and confusing.  It led me to the website where I lurked around for a week.  Once again I was quite impressed with the humility and helpfulness of not only the moderators - but the entire community.    I watched a few trading sessions and browsed through the learning material and decided quite quickly that this was the environment that I wanted to learn to trade - I actually did not even look at any other trading communities - and I became a Lifetime Member.

I've spent my entire career of 31 years in emergency services as a paramedic and firefighter.  I'm eligible to retire in the next 12 months - not sure exactly when I will - and I've thought several times that Day Trading may be a perfect 2nd career.  Fortunately - I have a plenty of time to patiently and systematically learn and practice the material.  My dream is to become profitable as a trader so that retirement from my current career is a simple decision - and I can spend more time with my wife and family. 

Looking forward to this new journey!!

• Like 4

Shannon, welcome to the community. We are very happy to have you. Please do not be shy in asking questions here in the forum or in the chatroom. You'll find everyone helpful. We're all had to start at the beginning and part of our philosophy is to help out those coming in after us.

Glad you were not too shy to make this post and I hope to hear from you in the chatroom!

Peter

15 hours ago, PeterD said:

Shannon, welcome to the community. We are very happy to have you. Please do not be shy in asking questions here in the forum or in the chatroom. You'll find everyone helpful. We're all had to start at the beginning and part of our philosophy is to help out those coming in after us.

Glad you were not too shy to make this post and I hope to hear from you in the chatroom!

Peter

Thanks for the welcome Peter!  I viewed your Education Planning presentation last week - Well Done - valuable "road map" that will guide my first year!!

4 hours ago, Shannon K said:

Thanks for the welcome Peter!  I viewed your Education Planning presentation last week - Well Done - valuable "road map" that will guide my first year!!

Great. Don't be afraid to reach out if we can help with your journey!

Hello everyone,

My name is Tyler. I'm 29 years old and live in Nebraska. I'm a police officer and have been doing that for 8 years.  I've always had an interest in day trading. I started off researching day trading about 6 months ago and read a lot of articles and watched a lot of YouTube videos. It took me a while before I came across the BBT Community and read Andrew's book but after reading the book and looking into BBT I knew this was the type of community and program I was looking for. I'm currently still working my way through all of the education sections and hope to start with sim soon. I look forward to meeting and learning with you all!

Tyler

• Like 3