Lee W

Introduce Yourself!

Hello Everyone,

My name is Maitri and I live in Saanich, Vancouver island .  I am newbie in trading and have been interested in it after reading Andrew's book. I am a Business Analyst by profession and would like to learn about day trading and practice it . I have registered with the intro membership to immerse myself with fellow traders and see if this is good fit for my next career.

• Like 1

Hi I'm Paul, I'm from Singapore.

I've been doing quite a bit of day trading and has been profitable for the past 10 days with no training. Also there was once my live feed somehow got disconnected, and I almost freaked out. 

And that scares the sh*t out of me. It's time for me to actually buy/subscribe to all the professional software and take this seriously.

My main investment style is actually growth investing which is doing very well. I do some momentum trading to earn a few dollars to donate them away for any needy cause.

So please go easy on me. This place is quite overwhelming.

• Like 1

Hello,

I'm Milo I just moved to NYC from Los Angeles CA, I'm originally from Finland though. I'm in my late 30s and I work part time in customer service, I have also worked in a few small budget movie productions as an assistant.

I read the two books of day trading by Andrew, and it made me think that I should at least try it and see if I'm good at it. I'm completely new to day trading, I have never traded before except few times with those free trading simulator websites (if you count that as trading). I just opened the DAS simulator account and going to do paper trading for 3-6 months. Hopefully after that I can do live trades. 

Edited by Saarinen
  • Like 2

Hi there

I am based in Somerset in the UK, with hopefully not too bad a lag time to the NY markets.  After 21 years in international banking, and a few more as a consultant, fate has dealt its hand and 'day trading' has been the result.  Lots of books, dozens of software packages, a lot of time and plenty of simulated losses - and I am starting to feel confident - dangerous, huh?!

Having read Andrew's books, and really liked them, I have been using his techniques and strategies.  This is getting easier!  I am now shifting into real-time simulated trades, and plan to do that for the next 3 months.  2021 will hopefully be a very happy new year, with live trading planned to start if the progress continues.

Looking forward to chatting with you all into the future.

Hamish

• Like 1

Hi everyone!

I'm Jeff, and I live in DeWitt, Michigan. Long story short, I'm going through some significant changes in my life.  I'm turning 40 next month and I got married for the 1st time last year, our 1st child was born this past June, and I am in the middle of a career change.  I've been playing around with Stocks via Robinhood since last Fall, so I don't have much experience.  The first time I heard of Day Trading was from a book I read this past Spring.  I then read Andrew's book and found it very inspiring.  I found the discussions on lifestyle inspiring, and I appreciated the seriousness of his approach to Day Trading.  I'm not looking for a get rich quick scheme.  I am looking to build a new set of skills and to begin a new career.  

After reading Andrew's 2nd book and exploring other communities, I decided that BBT was the best fit for me and so far I have not been disappointed.  I participated in the Onboarding class last night and have watched all of the Foundation videos.  The presenters have been amazing and I am finding the Education Center to be incredibly valuable.

I am itching to get a taste of live trading, but I know I have a ton of work to do before I even start SIM in DAS.  I've been playing around a little bit with paper trading in TradingView to practice reading charts, but my primary focus has been on education.  I'm hoping to start serious SIM trading soon, but not until after I've completed most training videos and have my tools and journaling in place. 

I'm happy to be a part of the BBT community and look forward to learning, growing and trading with you all!

Jeff

• Like 1

Hello all,

I'm Lesly, from New York, but now based in Austin TX. I used to be ? am? we'll see, a software engineer but have recently decided to jump in to this career change so I'm doing my best to learn. Looking forward to learning from y'all and contributing where I can.

Hi, my name is Dale; I am located in Brooklyn, New York. I have been a member for a while but have recently joined the community. out of fear   I no longer feel this way. I am looking for some guidance and assistance, as I genuinely want to learn and be successful.  

I am humble enough to say that I don’t know what I am doing. Can someone guide me along, please?  What is the first thing I need to do, classes, learn, develop? 
What classes should be first?  How do I read the candlesticks? What is the first thing to do?
I am looking for a guide to help me develop.  I truly am a novice.

Edited by Supernkown

1 hour ago, Supernkown said:

Hi, my name is Dale; I am located in Brooklyn, New York. I have been a member for a while but have recently joined the community. out of fear   I no longer feel this way. I am looking for some guidance and assistance, as I genuinely want to learn and be successful.  

I am humble enough to say that I don’t know what I am doing. Can someone guide me along, please?  What is the first thing I need to do, classes, learn, develop? 
What classes should be first?  How do I read the candlesticks? What is the first thing to do?
I am looking for a guide to help me develop.  I truly am a novice.

Hi Dale. the new Education Center is available now as an online course (instead of just a video library) with a clear educational path to follow. Content is organized from a top-level down from Pillars: Intro, Foundation, Technology, Strategy, Psychology and Mentorship. You can drill down in each Pillar to find the content you want or use the search tool and type part of the content you are looking for, like "montage", "Level 2" “reversal” or “IPO” https://bearbulltraders.com/education-center/ 

If you have a specific question you can use the same search tool in education Center of he Knowledge Base https://bearbulltraders.com/knowledge-base/ (is the same tool, it searches all over BBT website) or in the forums, if you can't find an answer please post your specific question here in the forums.

Hi there,

I'm Peter, and live in NYC (but originally from Canada). I've been day trading full time for the past 1.5 years and joined the BBT room this past Sunday after re-reading Andrew's day trading book.

Looking forward to trading with everyone and learning new techniques.

Peter

28 minutes ago, Peter Leenen said:

Hi there,

I'm Peter, and live in NYC (but originally from Canada). I've been day trading full time for the past 1.5 years and joined the BBT room this past Sunday after re-reading Andrew's day trading book.

Peter

Welcome to BBT Peter! 

2 hours ago, Peter Leenen said:

Hi there,

Peter

Welcome to the community. I look forward to seeing you in the chatroom!

Hello Everyone,

I joined the BBT Family back in June, and currently practicing through SIM. It has been an amazing experience with the BBT Community. Learning each day from our moderators, and other traders. I'm loving the ORB strategy and working to hone on this skill. Since, I have limited time in the mornings (as I currently have a day job in the EST time zone), my focus is to "Trade the Open". 

I'm currently looking to setup a team of trading buddies where we can all learn, support and grow together.

Below is my Introductory Post in the Forum, along with my Twitter Account (which I recently started to share my trades):

https://twitter.com/GuruTheTrader

Cheers,

Guru

Hello from Vancouver, B.C. Canada

Jason Verbeke here. (Lifetime Member)

I live in Surrey BC and when things get a little more normal in the world it would be nice to participate in one of the group meet ups as a first timer. Perhaps meet Andrew one day? Get one of those BBT hats and a t-shirt? lol!   

I'm an independent producer and seventeen year veteran of the General Insurance industry. I love what I do and already make a healthy living so I'm not looking to quit my day job any time soon. But I am totally hooked on day trading! 

I don't like to take any short cuts in life and don't believe I'm going to be an expert day trader any time soon so in my quest to get a proper education, back in Feb 2020, I enrolled in a local trading school called Online Trading Academy for a much preferred class room environment. Unfortunately that abruptly went to hell in a handbag due to COVID and resulted in the school being closed indefinitely!. At that point I did a pile of research on various other sources of trading education such as Warrior, True Trading Group, Skyview...etc. but after reading Andrews book I decided to join BBT and pursue day trading. I felt Andrew's position, specifically as a Canadian, helped me from a perspective of what platform to use, brokerage, taxes and in general I felt that I shared a few things in common with him over the others. He also comes across a little more honest versus some of these online sales professionals.

As of today I've been SIM trading with DAS since Aug 2020. I trade Monday to Friday during the open for ORB's and ABCD patterns. I also spend an extra hour or two in the evenings devoted to furthering my education. I use a Mac for my trading station with 3 monitors but will likely be changing that in the future as it feels like Im trying to make something work that wasn't meant to handle trading. I'm almost at a 50% win rate according to my Chartlog journal but feel I still have a long way to go before going live and I think when you use real money its going to be another steep learning curve.

So if anyone is wanting to get a "trading buddy group" going on, please count me in. Online education has come a long way in todays age however I believe one on one contact still adds a lot of value to the learning curve. One day I hope to have enough experience where I will be able to give something back to my trading community as well. Giving back can also be very rewarding and I look forward to this

Feel free to drop me a line anytime to introduce yourself.

Happy trading...

Chat Room Name: JasonV

email: [email protected]