Lee W

Introduce Yourself!

7 hours ago, David Wallace said:

I'm brand new to the community!

I teach Elementary PE in Phoenix, AZ as my day job. While schools were closed and teaching remotely I read Andrew's book twice and did some paper trading as practice to see if this might be a good fit for me. It went pretty well so decided to bite the bullet and give this a shot.

Excited to see what trading has in store!

- David

David, welcome to trading. I certainly hope your school finds an effective way to cope with our current reality. I know school boards across North America are struggling with how to deal with the protecting the students while properly educating. 

6 hours ago, Robert McCoy said:

Hi everyone, I am new to BBT community, however I have listened to Carlos and Norm on YouTube on an off for a while now.

I am currently a Project Manager managing the development and support of software applications used on the Healthcare side of the DoD. I have been in this role for 20 years now. Before that I worked for Hewlett Packard on the medical side (Which most didn't know existed). I worked for HP in the support and sales side for a little over 18 years.

As you can see I am a little older, at the age of 58. I am originally from Canada, love hockey, both playing and coaching and I now live in NC with my wife.

I started learning about trading a couple years ago through Warrior Trading. I took Rosses courses, went through my time on the simulator and thought I had it figured out. I have gone back and forth with live trading and the simulator several times attempting to figure out my strategy.  I came to realize that what I thought was a strategy wasn't and I have not done well.

I joined BBT 2 weeks ago and just listening to all the moderators and going through the courses, I have learned so much about what to look for and why and where and how to set my stop. I have made a big effort in spending more time looking at charts and looking at patterns. I have come to realize that low float stocks are not for me and trading in the open isn't for me either. Wish I learned that before.

So enough of that, but I can say that I am excited with what I have learned and looking forward to making some small wins and becoming a much better trader with the help or the team.

Thank you

Robert, as a former Canadian in NC...did you end up there through Nortel by chance? I spent a lot of time in RTP with Nortel's IT department since the IT executive team was there. Please don't hesitate to reach out if we can help with your trading journey.

I moved to the states in 1989 with HP/ I was married and then moved to MD for 27 years and now am in NC.

Hoping to trade for a living and enjoy life and possibly doing a little traveling.

Hi David - I live in Phoenix too (Ahwatukee)....been less than a month since I became a Life Time member. All the best!

Upendra

9 minutes ago, Upendra said:

Hi David - I live in Phoenix too (Ahwatukee)....been less than a month since I became a Life Time member. All the best!

Upendra

Hi Upendra,

I'm in South Scottsdale. Thanks for the message. All the best to you as well!

David

Hello everyone!

I'm Upendra, living in Phoenix since 2007. Just became a lifetime member about a month back. I've been in the IT industry for long time now, currently in a business development role with a local IT company. Family of 4, wife & 2 sons, elder son is studying CS here in ASU, Phoenix and younger one is in 8th grade.

I got into trading quite late, only after the commissions were eliminated. Due to the covid WFH had time & started dabbling with day trading, swing trading just based on gut instincts and some tips from online articles & another friend who is a regular investor. Made some & lost some, decided to make an effort to learn about trading. Andrew's book was the catalyst to make me believe that it was doable and the right way to find out was to try on the SIM and see for myself. Like some of you guys, tried Ross Warrior Trader, he is good but compared to BBT, I found it to be a 1 man show and the low float/low price stocks were too volatile for a beginner like me. After the 2 week trial on both BBT & Warrior Trader I opted to join BBT and am glad that I did. For now I'm trading on DAS SIM, with modest goal of trying to first stay green consistently, then make $50/day, then $100/day - after that start live trading.

Lucky to have got couple of fellow new Life Time members who joined me as a small group and we are trying to help and learn from each other.  Whether or not I make the grade to become a full time day trader it has been a fun journey so far & its great to see so many people like me trying to make it to the next level.

Take care & stay safe!

Upendra

24 minutes ago, David Wallace said:

Hi Upendra,

I'm in South Scottsdale. Thanks for the message. All the best to you as well!

David

We should form a Phoenix local chapter

Hi there,

I am Amy from Vancouver Canada 🙂  So excited to have found this community.  I just finished reading Andrew's book last night and observed my first ever live trading session this morning at 4:30 AM PST (there goes my beauty sleep :P).  I am completely new to stock trading and frankly was afraid to try after hearing so many horror stories.  During Covid, I have more time and seeing some friends benefit greatly from the March dip, I got interested in stocks.  All of a sudden, my FB feeds is flooded with day trading courses lol.  After some more googling, here I am.  Hoping to get into sim practice this week while re-reading Andrew's book.   

Hi All,

My name is Christa and I live in Southern California. I recently was laid-off from my job that I thought I would retire in. Covid-19 has definitely put a damper on things but I didn't let that stop me from bettering myself. Day-trading is something I have wanted to do for the past 4 years but always seemed to take a backseat with everything else going on in my life. With work, 2 kids, a husband and earning my real estate license it just ended up taking the back seat. Now that I have more time on my hands Day-Trading is possible for me. The first thing I did was buy Adrew's book and it was exactly what i had been looking for. Things that I could not grasp before just started to "click"! I actually did not know Bear Bull Traders existed until I read his book, but I am so glad that I did.  I am a go-getter and willing to put in the work and time, but I just could never find anything that was as straightforward as Andrew's teachings.  I can't tell you enough how much I brag to my husband of how I love every single class that I have taken so far. The material, layout, and presentations are fantastic. I have learned more in the past week than I have learned in the past 4 years.

I currently have my DAS simulator set up to my preferences and will start working on hotkeys later this week. I have been practicing ORB's and ABCD patterns in the mornings while following all of you in the chatroom. I love that the chatroom is not used as an 'alert' platform but more as a teaching one. This is invaluable to me because it forces me to learn and find out what works for me.

With that said, I am looking for a mentor to help guide me. Having someone there to help clarify questions and breakdown trades would be awesome. I am not quite sure how I get assigned a mentor but any info on this would be great. Thank you to everyone here and I look forward to continuing my education!

HI

My name is Miguel, in the Fort Lauderdale/Florida area...still figuring out if day trading is for me...

Had some initial success in a few trades but realized I was being just lucky....time will tell...

Hi everyone, I am in Southwest Louisiana.  I am a registered nurse, I have been in home health for 20+ years and I have been wanting a change but didn't know what direction to go where I could still make a comparable income without having to start all over again.  I have always been interested in the stock market but it was never as easily accessible (internet, free broker accounts, no fees, tons of literature).  I read a few market books and discovered Andrew's Day Trading for a Living which also got me to BBT and all I want to do now is learn more.  I haven't been this motivated about anything in a long time!!!  I love the format of the education and community here.  I am in the intro membership now, I haven't committed to Lifetime....yet because I am extremely cautious with money, I will not be the one who "loses it all in the market" lol.  So now I just have to make a plan and execute!!!!!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Gail Scott said:

Hi everyone, I am in Southwest Louisiana.  I am a registered nurse, I have been in home health for 20+ years and I have been wanting a change but didn't know what direction to go where I could still make a comparable income without having to start all over again.  I have always been interested in the stock market but it was never as easily accessible (internet, free broker accounts, no fees, tons of literature).  I read a few market books and discovered Andrew's Day Trading for a Living which also got me to BBT and all I want to do now is learn more.  I haven't been this motivated about anything in a long time!!!  I love the format of the education and community here.  I am in the intro membership now, I haven't committed to Lifetime....yet because I am extremely cautious with money, I will not be the one who "loses it all in the market" lol.  So now I just have to make a plan and execute!!!!!

Great to have you with us, Gail. I appreciate your cautious approach. I hope you and yours stay safe with some big storm closing in on your region. Cheers.

Hi everyone,

My name is Manu and i am beginning my day trading career, so looking to learn the necessary disciplines to be successful. My background is in engineering and currently working in the finance field. My long term goal is to slowly transition out of my job to be working for me. Even if i am not day trading i am always looking/talking about stocks and would like to see for myself if i am a good match for trading

Have already made mistake Andrew talks about in the book so can only go up from here!!

Happy trading

Manu  

hey everyone, 

My name is Jesse and i live in vancouver canada. i have been swing trading and theta based options strategies for the last year or so with good success and now im looking for something more active like day trading. hopefully after a couple hundred hours or so i can transition into a live account.  I have been working as a paramedic in vancouver for the last 8 years but i have recently quit so ive got lots of time to read and learn about day trading!  

• Like 1