Lee W

Introduce Yourself!

Hey everyone

I'm Nate.  I was recently let go from my job as a cloud engineer, in Minneapolis, and decided to move to Hawaii with my wife and daughter.  I read Andrew's first book a few years ago and it got me interested in trading.  Since then I've taken a few technical analysis courses, done a bunch of other general studying, and think I'm ready to ease myself into it.  It's something I've wanted to do for a long time but my job didn't allow me the requisite time to give it a real shot.   Now that I have some additional time I've been waking up for the chats (2:30am-3am isn't easy), configuring my DAS desktop, watching the training courses/webinars, and making some simulated trades. 

I may chime in from time to time but I'll probably be laying low for a while trying to soak everything in.

I'm excited to learn and look forward to getting to know everyone in the BBT community.

• Like 3

Welcome onboard Nate! 
Marcus here from Kuala Lumpur. I've join BBT around 3 weeks now, going through the materials, weekly live trades and webinars. 
Awesome community, good learning materials. 
Just setup my DAS, did a couple of replay trades. 
See you in the chat and if you wish to connect as a learning buddy; feel free to drop me an email. [email protected] 

Cheers 
Marcus

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Marcus Leong said:

Welcome onboard Nate! 
Marcus here from Kuala Lumpur. I've join BBT around 3 weeks now, going through the materials, weekly live trades and webinars. 
Awesome community, good learning materials. 
Just setup my DAS, did a couple of replay trades. 
See you in the chat and if you wish to connect as a learning buddy; feel free to drop me an email. [email protected] 

Cheers 
Marcus

Thanks Marcus!  I'll email you this weekend.

Hello everyone! My name is Roosevelt and I live in Henderson, Nevada. I am an Educator for more than 20 years but I decided to take a different route and now on the process of changing career. I dabbled into trading last year after reading Andrew's 2 books including Brian's but I stopped because my schedule at work interfered with my time of trading. I signed up for membership last year  upon learning so much from BBT through youtube. Two months ago, I went back into trading  but I am not progressing and obviously I am not ready. So i decided to be part of the community to learn more and connect with like minded people. 

Edited by Roosevelt
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Roosevelt said:

Hello everyone! My name is Roosevelt and I live in Henderson, Nevada. I am an Educator for more that 20 years but decided to take a different route and now on the process of changing career. I dabbled into trading last year after reading Andrew's 2 books including Brian's but I stopped because my schedule at work interfered with my time of trading. I signed up for membership last year  upon learning so much from BBT through youtube. Two months ago, I went back trading  but I am not progressing and obviously I am not ready. So i decided to be part of the community to learn more and connect with like minded people. 

Very happy to have you with us in the community, Roosevelt. Please feel free to ask questions of us! Good luck on your trading journey!

Hi everyone,

I am Sebastian from Germany and work as a software engineer for about 7 years now. I started trading back in 2013, bitcoin got me interested. However, after this first hype that moved bitcoin to over $1000 and then collapsed, I switched to stocks and traded the daily for swing or position trades. Meanwhile that is close to 7 years that I am a part-time trader.

Although I was profitable most years and even traded the incredible crypto hype in 2017 quite successfully, I wasnt able to reach my personal trading goals. that is I'm still struggeling with consistency and I am way below my profit target and not confident overall.

Now I want to try daytrading. there are a couple of reasons for that one of which would be that you can just close your positions, turn off your PC and relax. 

I am very greatful to have found this incredible trading community, there is really great stuff and great ppl in here

Edited by Sebastian B

Hi everyone, my name is Jimmymac. I live in Port Charlotte Fl and I am semi retired, I know very little about trading so I just want to learn as much as I can.

I welcome any help I can get

Thank you

Jim Mac

• Like 1

On 8/1/2020 at 8:56 AM, PeterD said:

Very happy to have you with us in the community, Roosevelt. Please feel free to ask questions of us! Good luck on your trading journey!

Thanks, Peter. I will definitely.

Hi all, 

My name is Parisa.   I am 32 years old and live in Los Angeles, California.   I am married to my husband of 3 years and we have a 2 year old daughter.   My journey in day trading started in the summer of last year when I was looking for ways to make supplemental income.  My husband is a full-time student so I am the sole breadwinner of my family.   I have a 9-6  job as an Accounting Manager for an Entertainment company.   I came across Andrew's book  and purchased the audio version.  I've listened to it a few times and also have a physical copy.  I joined BBT in March of this year and became a lifetime member shortly after.    I am currently trading low-key while I build my skill and confidence.  I primarily trade the open before work and my main strategy is the 1-2 min ORB.   I also like to trade extreme reversals if I can catch them before work.  My goal is to day trade for a living so I can have more time to spend with my family.  

I am very thankful to be a part of this community and to be learning from you all.  

Parisa

• Like 3

Hi everyone!

My name is  Ville and I live in Helsinki, Finland.  I am 27 years old and have a Master´s degree in Structural Engineering (2018, area of expertise multi-storey timber buildings)

First time I realized that such a career as day trader exists was on Christmas holiday 2018 that I saw a youtube video about it made by Nordnet Finland. Few weeks later I bought Andrew's book to be read during flight to Thailand.

Then during the next year (yes it took the whole year to get courage 😄) I read Andrew's book a couple of times making notes and planning. At the end of year 2019 I bought a monthly subscription to Bear Bull Traders and started trading with DAS SIM. I think I am in such a  wonderful situation that NY market opens 16.30 pm local time thus I have plenty of time to go work before that (we have flexible working hours too) Since I still have full-time job I can only trade few hours in a day, 2-3 days in a week to keep my social life, so it has now taken almost 8 months of SIM trading. At least I think I haven´t tried to get rich fast? 😄

I am planning to go live soon and have gathered some savings for that during the years. However I´m having a baby boy (my first child) in 4 weeks so I am not sure if my live trading will reschedule to later due those sleepless nights and extra expense 😄 Also my wife in going to continue her studies so I feel a bit of pressure to keep our family income steady.

Sorry my post is a quite long one! See you in Chatroom and on other Forum topics!

Sorry also that I waited so long, but we Finns are slowly warming people 😄

Br, Ville

• Like 3

Hi all,

My name's Amy. I'm a freelance writer and editor with some time and cash on my hands, U.S. citizen currently based in Mexico. I'm reading Andrew's book at the moment.

Dipping the end of my pinky toe into this business, and it will be a nice slow immersion! I know that a hive mind, especially with some experienced folks, will be immensely helpful to me. And someday I hope to be able to turn around and give back some support as well.

If there are any other Linux users around here I'll be interested to hear about it! I'm a little bit of a tinkerer so maybe I can make it work.

Looking forward to seeing folks in the chatroom some morning soon!

• Like 2

Hey folks,

My name is Gar and I'm from Ireland.  Happy to say that as of September, I can finally give day trading the time it deserves and see if it's something that suits me. I work as a pharmacist and currently have the luxury to pick and choose which days I work which frees up my weekdays to trade. Can still work at weekends and whenever else I need to.

Would love to make trading my main source of income. It's good to dream! But i'm well aware of the challenge before me and the next few months will tell a lot. I plan to trade in sim until the end of the year at least, probably longer. Trying to focus my learning on VPA and learn from the master himself @Thor . I also really like  @PeterD and @Aiman Almansoori trading styles but to be honest I can see myself learning bits from everybody in this community.

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

• Like 2

I'm brand new to the community!

I teach Elementary PE in Phoenix, AZ as my day job. While schools were closed and teaching remotely I read Andrew's book twice and did some paper trading as practice to see if this might be a good fit for me. It went pretty well so decided to bite the bullet and give this a shot.

Excited to see what trading has in store!

- David

Hi everyone, I am new to BBT community, however I have listened to Carlos and Norm on YouTube on an off for a while now.

I am currently a Project Manager managing the development and support of software applications used on the Healthcare side of the DoD. I have been in this role for 20 years now. Before that I worked for Hewlett Packard on the medical side (Which most didn't know existed). I worked for HP in the support and sales side for a little over 18 years.

As you can see I am a little older, at the age of 58. I am originally from Canada, love hockey, both playing and coaching and I now live in NC with my wife.

I started learning about trading a couple years ago through Warrior Trading. I took Rosses courses, went through my time on the simulator and thought I had it figured out. I have gone back and forth with live trading and the simulator several times attempting to figure out my strategy.  I came to realize that what I thought was a strategy wasn't and I have not done well.

I joined BBT 2 weeks ago and just listening to all the moderators and going through the courses, I have learned so much about what to look for and why and where and how to set my stop. I have made a big effort in spending more time looking at charts and looking at patterns. I have come to realize that low float stocks are not for me and trading in the open isn't for me either. Wish I learned that before.

So enough of that, but I can say that I am excited with what I have learned and looking forward to making some small wins and becoming a much better trader with the help or the team.

Thank you

• Like 2

On 8/30/2020 at 4:27 PM, Gar said:

Hey folks,

My name is Gar and I'm from Ireland.  Happy to say that as of September, I can finally give day trading the time it deserves and see if it's something that suits me. I work as a pharmacist and currently have the luxury to pick and choose which days I work which frees up my weekdays to trade. Can still work at weekends and whenever else I need to.

Would love to make trading my main source of income. It's good to dream! But i'm well aware of the challenge before me and the next few months will tell a lot. I plan to trade in sim until the end of the year at least, probably longer. Trying to focus my learning on VPA and learn from the master himself @Thor . I also really like  @PeterD and @Aiman Almansoori trading styles but to be honest I can see myself learning bits from everybody in this community.

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Thanks, Gar! Happy to have you as part of our community. I look forward to seeing you in the chat room!

• Like 1