Lee W

Introduce Yourself!

8 hours ago, WarrenK said:

Hey @Martin D @PeterD, I also live in Melbourne. Peter I live about 10 min from where you were based. Must of drove by multiple times on the way to the beach.

Nice to see fellow Melbourne traders on here, I'm out in Sanctuary Lakes.

• Like 1

I hope all you traders in Melbourne are staying safe as I just saw it was declared a "coronavirus hot-spot".

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, PeterD said:

I hope all you traders in Melbourne are staying safe as I just saw it was declared a "coronavirus hot-spot".

@PeterD Yes unfortunately seeing a resurgence in cases which is disappointing, I was hoping we'd be clear by now. It's interesting how everyone views success differently, we are panicking and locking down with about 120 cases today and the rest of Australia has locked Victoria out yet when you look other places in the world they are happy to open up with significantly more cases. 

On 7/3/2020 at 12:50 PM, swat85 said:

Hi All,

My name is Swaraj and I am a Solutions Architect(IT Tech Manager) originally from India but now a citizen of the UK. I worked as a Financial Analyst in a bank after completing my MBA in Banking and Finance initially and traded Forex on and off depending upon how busy I was at times with my full time job.

Forex, though being a 24 hours market doesn't provide enough opportunities during evening session(UK time) due to ranging market conditions. This problem led me to look elsewhere for some other instrument to trade and that search ended with Andrew's books on Amazon. After reading both his books I decided that I will now focus my attention on Stocks, especially day trading for couple of hours during the day, that suits my lifestyle too.

I have been through all the videos now under Education centre as well as doing daily practice through DAS trader as much as I can. I have already seen some improvement in my trading after couple of days, all that just by practising under replay mode. Kudos to the team, both Bear Bull Traders as well as DAS to provide such a feature which I am sure will reduce my learning curve by a significant amount of time.

I am all excited and pumped to be a part of this community. 🙂

I can't trade Equities because I work a full time job so it doesn't allow for it (in the future though), so I started trading Forex. If you were trading Forex for a while, did you find any good strategies that were at least 60%+ winning strategies? If so, would you like to share with some of us new to Forex? Thanks

Hello BBT!

My name is Scott and I live in Omaha, NE. I have a couple of years left until I retire from the air force and want to use that time learning and gaining experience (as a brand new trader) here with BBT. If there are any newbie chat groups, forums,  meetups, etc.... please let me know. 

Glad to be hear and among you all! 

v/r,

Scott

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, scottpw25 said:

Hello BBT!

My name is Scott and I live in Omaha, NE. I have a couple of years left until I retire from the air force and want to use that time learning and gaining experience (as a brand new trader) here with BBT. If there are any newbie chat groups, forums,  meetups, etc.... please let me know. 

Glad to be hear and among you all! 

v/r,

Scott

Welcome Scott,

Thank you for your service. Great plan spending the last few years prepping for your transition. Take a look at the Trading business plan webinar and it should help you set up a transition plan from now till your retirement date.

Cheers

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mike B said:

Welcome Scott,

Thank you for your service. Great plan spending the last few years prepping for your transition. Take a look at the Trading business plan webinar and it should help you set up a transition plan from now till your retirement date.

Cheers

Will do and thank you for the tip! 

Hi All,

My name is Marcus Leong. I am from Malaysia, done some swing trade and invest in an amateur way for a few years. I laid myself off from employment as a Regional BD in 2019, as I see it is not going to get me out from the rat race. Started of doing some freelance marketing job for some SME and see where it takes me. COVID set's in and got me thinking seriously what can I do and be good at to make a sustainable income or even be financially free. Then i found Andrew's book, finish reading it, and here I am a life time member of BBT
It's only been less than a week, I am getting myself to spend a few hours each day on the videos here. Look forward to get into SIM soon, until then- more videos and login to watch live trade. It's more exciting than watching football 🙂 

Any new traders or members, feel free to connect ([email protected] / +6012 2232982 WhatsAPP) with me. Need a learning buddy! Before jumping in with the big brothers here. 

Cheers all, 
Marcus 

Hi I'm Jeremy.  37 from Kentucky. I read all 3 books.(swing, day, and advanced day trade).  Really still working my way through advanced day trading.  I've only been a long term investor in the past.  I wen't to college for finance, but never ended up doing much with the education.  I've spent the lock down doing nothing but practicing and learning everything I can.  I really love everything about it.   I'm looking for a mentor, or a trader that has more experience than me to guide me in the right direction.  I use Think or Swim, as well as Webull.  I'm right at the $25k minimum.  I'm in the discord.  Really enjoyed the books, Thanks.

Hi,

I'm David - project manager in an IT company in Quebec City, Canada. I trade a few hours a week ince one month, but more as a gambler than a trader (lucky for now). I want to learn how to be a successful day trader but as I am now a father of a 5 month old baby, I am struggling to find as much time as I would like. My goal would be to become a full-time day trader in a year or two

Hunting, fishing and hiking enthusiast!

Edited by David Bizier

Hello Ladies and Gents,

my name is Carlo, an Italian living in Spain. I have been working for the last 20 years for two of the major leading providers of IT for the Airlines and Airports Industrie. In May 2019 I made the decision to close that chapter. I took sometimes to shower off the "Corporation skin" to then decide what to do next.

A chain of books, sometimes unrelated to trading, took me to review my long term investments. In April this year I started investing in ETFs. This is a new world for me. My curiosity for the "Market" kept growing to almost become a pleasant obsession.

While researching on the various type of trading styles I landed to Andrew's book: How to Day Trade..., then to the Brian's one: How to Swing Trade. 

What a great job! Making such complex subject available to everyone in a such simple language. Brilliant!! 

Well, after more reading, few attempts to stock trading and following this community on Youtube, here I am, almost ready to spend few months in the simulator and hopefully being able to contribute myself to this community.

I am pleased life took me here!!

Cheers all,

Carlo

On 7/17/2020 at 8:05 PM, David Bizier said:

Hi,

I'm David - project manager in an IT company in Quebec City, Canada. I trade a few hours a week ince one month, but more as a gambler than a trader (lucky for now). I want to learn how to be a successful day trader but as I am now a father of a 5 month old baby, I am struggling to find as much time as I would like. My goal would be to become a full-time day trader in a year or two

Hunting, fishing and hiking enthusiast!

Welcome, David. Take your time getting into trading. Fit it into your life as you can. There is no rush. In fact, slow is often better. Enjoy your young family and build for the future as time allows. What matters is focus, not time. Glad to have you with us at BBT.

2 hours ago, PeterD said:

Welcome, David. Take your time getting into trading. Fit it into your life as you can. There is no rush. In fact, slow is often better. Enjoy your young family and build for the future as time allows. What matters is focus, not time. Glad to have you with us at BBT.

Thank you Peter!

There probably a post somewhere about it but do BBT have a "training plan" or a step by step path you suggest to follow before doing real trading? Is it https://bearbulltraders.com/education-center/?

3 hours ago, DavidB said:

Thank you Peter!

There probably a post somewhere about it but do BBT have a "training plan" or a step by step path you suggest to follow before doing real trading? Is it https://bearbulltraders.com/education-center/?

Funny you should ask!! I just did an updated webinar on that. It can be found here: https://bearbulltraders.com/lessons/from-the-beginning-setting-up-a-training-plan/

• Like 1