Lee W

Introduce Yourself!

1 hour ago, moein said:

Hi everyone,

My name is Moein and I am from Vancouver, Canada. My background is electrical engineering, and I received my PhD in mechatronic systems engineering in 2016. I am currently an instructor and a research associate at a university in Vancouver. As learning how to trade was one of my passions, I started making myself familiar with different types of trades and found day trading very interesting. Then, I found Andrew's books and when I read both, it made me even more eager to learn day trading and finally become a day trader. I am now at the early steps of working on DAS simulator. Hope to learn from you all and hope to see you guys after this pandemic.

Stay safe and healthy.

Hey Moein, welcome! Although I'm in San Francisco now, I was originally from Victoria, BC 🙂 And of course Andrew is in Vancouver! I'm sure we'll see you at a meetup soon enough!

• Like 1

Hello BBT Community !

My name is Tom and I am in San Diego, CA.  My background is in the car business.  I have been working at and operating dealerships since I graduated college.

I have been interested in the stock market ever since but have never actively traded.  I purchased Andrew’s book in 2017 and have read it several times.   I had the opportunity to meet with Andrew in San Diego at the Trade Ideas seminar in late 2019.  He was able to speak with a panel in front of cameras and everyone.  Everything just reinforced that BBT is about people who are serious about trading.  Impressive.

About three months ago I started trading in SIM on TD Ameritrade’s Think or Swim platform.  I started watching the BBT morning show and paper trading.  After some success, I live traded for about a week for break-even and decided I needed to step-up to the DAS platform.  This has been a little complicated since I am on Mac computers.  I do not want to invest in a full blown gaming PC until I have had some consistent success trading real money.   So my MacBook Pro is partitioned with BootCamp.  It has worked pretty well.  Today I am paper trading with DAS.

When I watched Carlos’ on boarding class he had the recommendation to start a team of same-level traders.  I would be willing to start one.  Please contact me if you are interested and at the same level trying to go from SIM to Live trading.

Looking forward to making this a profitable venture !

Thanks !

-tom n

Follow me at:
@tntp45 Twitter
@tntp45 Instagram
www.youtube.com/tntp45
www.flickr.com/tntp45

Edited by tntp45
Add content...

Hey BBT Community,

My name is Jad from Vancouver and I am a new to day trading . I am a 36yrs technology professional and entrepreneur. The approach of Andrew resonated a lot with me, so I decided to join the community to learn and eventually contribute. I am currently on simulator and working on fine-tuning my setup and building my knowledge. This is above all a personal challenge for me as I have experienced the psychology behind it and the skills it requires. I look forward to engaging with you and meet up soon!

Jad

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Jad said:

Hey BBT Community,

My name is Jad from Vancouver and I am a new to day trading . I am a 36yrs technology professional and entrepreneur. The approach of Andrew resonated a lot with me, so I decided to join the community to learn and eventually contribute. I am currently on simulator and working on fine-tuning my setup and building my knowledge. This is above all a personal challenge for me as I have experienced the psychology behind it and the skills it requires. I look forward to engaging with you and meet up soon!

Jad

Jad, welcome to BearBullTraders! We look forward to seeing you in the room.

• Like 1

@Jad Welcome to the BBT community!

Great traders come out of Vancouver so you already have an edge! lol

Welcome once again see you in chat!

• Like 1

Hey Everyone,

I'm Rov from Queens NY. I didn't realize there was a forum as well; just the chat room. I come from a tech background and have been toying with trading/investing for a bit, but fairly new to day trading as I've only been doing it for a couple months. I've been on BBT for a little over a week now and it's been a great experience. Also attended the intro session by Carlos. Great to see him on here. 

Wishing everyone on here the best the markets have to offer. Happy Learning/Trading. 

• Like 1

Hi everyone!

I've been a buy and hold investor for 30 years, and have been really interested in starting to become more of a trader as my time horizon for retirement gets shorter and I have some capital to trade with.  I pretty much fit the mold that I live in the Andrew lays out in his book....I've made a little money trading, but I feel like it's more luck, and I didn't give it the respect it deserves.  I'm a math guy and screens make sense to me, so I've been good at getting into positions, but I am horrible when it comes to taking profits as FOMO sets in. I never thought about the psychology in trading. I was so grateful to find this site and the books as they have really opened my eyes, and I can get on track before I really did something stupid!  I live in the Jacksonville, FL area, and look forward to participating in the social aspect of the site!  Thanks!  Chuck

• Like 1

Hello everyone,

I am Chetan Guleria from Brampton, Ontario. I am from banking background.  Always wanted to do something on my own and believe this is what I should be doing, day trading.  Joined BBT last week. Hoping to learn a lot from you all. And hopefully meet some of you soon.. 

Thanks.

• Like 1

Hello, my name s Lorin Stoll, I live out in the stix in southern Idaho.
I have been investing since the mid 90's.
My father got me into it back when we had
to go to the library and read the MorningStar
reports and xerox stuff to research.

Been with Schwab the entire time.
Sold off my Adobe stock to buy my current house.
After buying the house I had about 90k left,
but after the market crash due to the
corona virus it dropped to 16k.
Needless to say I was devastated.

I decided to really focus on learning about ways
to bring my portfolio back up, and decided if I
could just make 1-2% a day, I would be
in good shape eventually. 

I was successful (at first), brought my account up 18K,
but then had a horrible loss of 6k in one trade.
Soon after, Schwab pinged me as a "pattern day trader"
and made it so that I could no longer trade intra-day.
I eventually got it (temporarily) removed,
but now I can only make 2 intra-day trades
per week (or invest or swing trade).

I have a really hard time figuring when to get out of a trade,
and before reading Andrew's book I entered trades without 
having a stop loss. You know how that turns out!

At this point I decided I better figure out what
exactly "day trading" was since I was enjoying it while it lasted.
I have read, re-read and then read again
Andrew's book "How to Day Trade for a living"

I have watched through the "Onboarding" Class
and made it to Module 3 on the "Community Resources" and love them. 
Really helpful stuff - and I am already making Journal entry's BTW.

Now I am on to Class 1 "How to Trade in a Simulator" 

Thank you for everything so far.

[email protected]

• Like 1

Hey guys! I’m Greg from Buffalo, NY.  I have a Master’s Degree in Mathematics and Statistics, and I’ve had several different analytical roles during my career path.  I have been searching for something that I am more passionate about and I recently started reading up on stock trading - My exposure to stock trading in the past has been minimal, but I’ve been trying to soak in any info I can through books and watching in the BBT chat room and going through the BBT learning courses.  I’ve been really impressed with how supportive the BBT community is.  I’m really excited to start my trading venture and learn more.  

• Like 2

Hey @Greg K ! Welcome 🙂

Sounds like your background and skills will give you a good mindset going into trading! Feel free to ask any questions you have!

• Thanks 1

Hi BBT,

My name is Luis Servin (Luis in chatroom), I grew up in Boerne, TX (pronounced Burn-E) which is in the hill country northwest of San Antonio, TX. 

I am a former O&G engineer. This job has taken me to several U.S. cities as well as some foreign assignments. However, during the recent downturn (oil price war paired with COVID-19) I decided I'd had enough corporate world for one life. I have owned two businesses throughout my life, one of which was successful enough to sell - the point is that I prefer to work for myself.

I have been swing trading and long term trading for ~10 years and now its time to try my hand at day trading. I am excited to take on this new career. I did some extensive research and found BBT to be the most professional and well-rounded group/community so I became a LT member approximately 1 month ago. It has been a smooth and enjoyable transition for many reasons, the hospitality extended by all the members and the moderators has been awesome and welcoming, thank you all!

I am currently building a PC with 6 monitor set up in a new house that my life partner Marta and I are building near Boerne, TX - life has brought me back full circle to where I grew up. I mention the new PC+trading set-up because I gave this new career a lot of thought before investing the money to be a PDT.

Lastly, I am extremely excited and diligent to learn from everyone willing to share their trading experiences. I am looking forward to meeting up with other traders and being part of this awesome trading community.

Best Regards,

Luis M. Servin

Edited by Luis Servin
type-o's and grammar
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Luis Servin said:

Hi BBT,

My name is Luis Servin (Luis in chatroom), I grew up in Boerne, TX (pronounced Burn-E) which is in the hill country northwest of San Antonio, TX. 

I am a former O&G engineer. This job has taken me to several U.S. cities as well as some foreign assignments. However, during the recent downturn (oil price war paired with COVID-19) I decided I'd had enough corporate world for one life. I have owned two businesses throughout my life, one of which was successful enough to sell - the point is that I prefer to work for myself.

I have been swing trading and long term trading for ~10 years and now its time to try my hand at day trading. I am excited to take on this new career. I did some extensive research and found BBT to be the most professional and well-rounded group/community so I became a LT member approximately 1 month ago. It has been a smooth and enjoyable transition for many reasons, the hospitality extended by all the members and the moderators has been awesome and welcoming, thank you all!

I am currently building a PC with 6 monitor set up in a new house that my life partner Marta and I are building near Boerne, TX - life has brought me back full circle to where I grew up. I mention the new PC+trading set-up because I gave this new career a lot of thought before investing the money to be a PDT.

Lastly, I am extremely excited and diligent to learn from everyone willing to share their trading experiences. I am looking forward to meeting up with other traders and being part of this awesome trading community.

Best Regards,

Luis M. Servin

Luis, welcome to BBT!

On 6/3/2020 at 8:57 PM, Mohamed Alali said:

Hi everyone,

My name is Mohamed, I am from Abu Dhabi, UAE. I learned about BBT when I read Andrew's book. I have built a good knowledge on stocks in general during the past few years. However, I struggle to make profits since I get emotional in my trades. I am just starting my learning curve with BBT and I am sure I will develop my skills and be ready for day trading in few months.

I hope everyone is safe and in good health and I wish I can meet you guys soon and get to know each other.

Hi Mohamed, welcome to BBT

I hope you overcome your issues here with BBT and we will do our best to help you with that!