Lee W

Introduce Yourself!

Hello all,

I'm Cliff, and I currently live in The Netherlands. I'm British, but not lived in the UK for nearly 15 years (Moved to Malaysia in 2007, then moved to NL in 2016). I currently work in IT in the Oil Industry, and with the world not using much oil, my job is at risk right now. I'm married with 3 kids (2 are v.young).

I've dabbled in Trading/Investing in the past, some crypto, some 'social trading' (eToro). With everything happening at work, I feel now is the time to stop playing and start taking it seriously. The lifestyle of a day trader is very appealing, the fact that you are your own boss. The fact that you are in Cash at the end of the day, therefore protecting you a lot better in the event of a huge crash. But I also appreciate that to aspire to that level of comfort, I need to put the work in (just like in any other business, or a University course). This I am now ready to do.

Each day I learn new stuff, and I realize so much more that I don't yet know.

There are things I still need to figure out in the fundamentals of my own setup - such as a Broker and Platform. Cash reverses are an issue. I don't have anything like 25k to avoid PDT. Setting up IB UK still incurs PDT rules 😞 .. Oh well.. While figuring this stuff out, will be going through all the items in the classrooms here. 

It was my wife that convinced me to pull the trigger and become a lifetime member, and so far I can't fault it. BBT looks like a fantastic support platform for people that wish to take it seriously.

Take Care all 🙂

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CliffG said:

Hello all,

I'm Cliff, and I currently live in The Netherlands. I'm British, but not lived in the UK for nearly 15 years (Moved to Malaysia in 2007, then moved to NL in 2016). I currently work in IT in the Oil Industry, and with the world not using much oil, my job is at risk right now. I'm married with 3 kids (2 are v.young).

I've dabbled in Trading/Investing in the past, some crypto, some 'social trading' (eToro). With everything happening at work, I feel now is the time to stop playing and start taking it seriously. The lifestyle of a day trader is very appealing, the fact that you are your own boss. The fact that you are in Cash at the end of the day, therefore protecting you a lot better in the event of a huge crash. But I also appreciate that to aspire to that level of comfort, I need to put the work in (just like in any other business, or a University course). This I am now ready to do.

Each day I learn new stuff, and I realize so much more that I don't yet know.

There are things I still need to figure out in the fundamentals of my own setup - such as a Broker and Platform. Cash reverses are an issue. I don't have anything like 25k to avoid PDT. Setting up IB UK still incurs PDT rules 😞 .. Oh well.. While figuring this stuff out, will be going through all the items in the classrooms here. 

It was my wife that convinced me to pull the trigger and become a lifetime member, and so far I can't fault it. BBT looks like a fantastic support platform for people that wish to take it seriously.

Take Care all 🙂

Welcome! Take a look into one of the offshore non-PDT brokers, like CMEG. They are good beginner broker where you don't have to commit so much.  Our website has information and some deals with them I believe. 

4 minutes ago, Brendon said:

Welcome! Take a look into one of the offshore non-PDT brokers, like CMEG. They are good beginner broker where you don't have to commit so much.  Our website has information and some deals with them I believe. 

Spot on @Brendon

Check it out here: https://bearbulltraders.com/brokers/#CMEG

Hello,

I'm grateful to be here. My name is Chris and I'm from Texas. After serving in the U.S. Army for 6 years and spending a lot of time away, I felt like I had a very rewarding career but wanted to reconnect with family so I left the service. Unfortunately, I thought the next step for me meant working in a corporate job. After going through the grind for the next 2 years I felt unhappy with the many 60 hour work weeks and spending more time away from family and friends.

Luckily I came across Andrew's book and here I am now after subscribing for the lifetime membership! I'm committed, happy to be here, and look forward to contributing and learning with everyone. Thank you for having me. 

• Like 1

Thank you for your service. Take your time. Try to learn 1 thing every day. Hit sim hard. Ask questions. Best wishes,

UVA Jay 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, christopher said:

Hello,

I'm grateful to be here. My name is Chris and I'm from Texas. After serving in the U.S. Army for 6 years and spending a lot of time away, I felt like I had a very rewarding career but wanted to reconnect with family so I left the service. Unfortunately, I thought the next step for me meant working in a corporate job. After going through the grind for the next 2 years I felt unhappy with the many 60 hour work weeks and spending more time away from family and friends.

Luckily I came across Andrew's book and here I am now after subscribing for the lifetime membership! I'm committed, happy to be here, and look forward to contributing and learning with everyone. Thank you for having me. 

Welcome to the community and thank you for your service. If you have any questions do not hesitate to ask in the chat.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Mike B said:

Welcome to the community and thank you for your service. If you have any questions do not hesitate to ask in the chat.

Thank you Mike!

On 5/17/2020 at 11:58 PM, Keenen said:

Hello World!

It's an absolute pleasure to join a like-minded community. I have been that kid playing alone in the sandbox throughout HS and college, even though drama free but I have to say that its a down side on my performance. I found BBT community through Andrew's book (How to day trade for a living). The first official day trading book I've ever read in my 2 months day trading profession. I have very little experience in day trading and the market in general but do have other characteristics for becoming a successful trader. I hope to gain some guidance here and will make my own contribution where possible. 

I am Keene. I'm from Fairfax, Virginia. Like most of us here, I had a few other careers before. I'm current co-owning a small local cleaning business, and before that I was laid off from my sr. network engineer job. My career path is somewhat unorthodox. I like the unknown. 

Freedom to travel is my priority now, a trading career seems to fit best into this life style. I currently live in Peru but wish to go to as many countries as possible. I'm also a vegan, so when Andrew mentioned that he doesn't consume animal products, I pulled out my card and signed up for BBT. 

Again, please to meet everyone here. Have a great day!

Hello Keene!

Welcome to the community! I hope you learn much here with us!

On 5/18/2020 at 1:34 AM, Samuel Cash said:

Hi all! My name is Sam, but everyone calls me by my middle name Logan. I just joined the group after I retired from the Air Force. I live outside DC in Maryland. I've invested and traded for year but this is my first time day trading. I listened to a lot of audio books during my daily 2 hour commute when I was working and came across Andrew's book. I was hooked after that.

Hi Sam! 

Welcome to the community! Glad to have you here with us

On 5/18/2020 at 11:47 PM, Tricia Whyte said:

Hi, 

I'm Tricia - I am from New York , my background is management with some finance.  Three years ago I was introduce to trading and did it occasionally but rarely successful. I am home and have more time to apply myself seriously to this profession so I can gain knowledge, experience and grow professionally as  a day trader. I heard to this I must be a member of this community so I am here ready and willing.

Nice to meet you guys!  

Hi Tricia! 

Happy to have you here with us! If you've any questions feel free to ask. We're always happy to help here 😄

On 5/19/2020 at 3:19 PM, James Purvis said:

Hello all! My name is James and I live in London. Had been looking at getting into day trading for a while then the lockdown came and it seemed like a perfect time to learn. I have a keen interest in travelling and Photography which is a little side hustle of mine. Looking forward to speaking with you all more.

Travel, photography and day trading, that must be a nice life there!

Welcome to the community James!

Hello,

My name is Benjamin and I'm from The Netherlands. My focus for 2020-2021 is to travel around the world while earning enough money to support the digital nomad lifestyle. I think day trading suites this lifestyle. Learning to day trade wont be easy but im fully committed and thats why i became a lifetime member. Happy to be here, and look forward to contributing and learning with everyone. Thank you for having me. 

10 hours ago, Khizer H said:

Welcome Benjamin and where in the Netherlands are you based? I’m a Londoner and love cycling in the Netherlands. Breskens to Rotterdam/ Brugge to Utrecht, keukenhoff gardens and many many more routes. Absolutely love the Netherlands. 

Here if you need anything. Take it easy for now! Regards - Khizer 

Hi Khizer,

Nice to meet you. Im based in Haarlem (its nearby Amsterdam) 🙂

12 hours ago, Benjamin Tang said:

Hello,

My name is Benjamin and I'm from The Netherlands. My focus for 2020-2021 is to travel around the world while earning enough money to support the digital nomad lifestyle. I think day trading suites this lifestyle. Learning to day trade wont be easy but im fully committed and thats why i became a lifetime member. Happy to be here, and look forward to contributing and learning with everyone. Thank you for having me. 

Hi Benjamin,

Glad you are here. I'm also a new member recently signed up for Lifetime membership. I'm English, but also living in NL (a little bit south of you in Zoetermeer). 

6 minutes ago, CliffG said:

Hi Benjamin,

Glad you are here. I'm also a new member recently signed up for Lifetime membership. I'm English, but also living in NL (a little bit south of you in Zoetermeer). 

Hi CliffG,

Nice to meet you and its great to see other people from the Netherlands inside the BBT community 🙂

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Khizer H said:

Hey CliffG

Also a Londoner here and still in London. Lol. Welcome to the community! 

Khizer 

Hi Khizer, Nice to chat to you. London is cool, I'm from Manchester originally (Not lived there in 15+ yrs). See you in chat 🙂

On 5/22/2020 at 11:10 PM, Benjamin Tang said:

Hello,

Hi Benjamin! 

Welcome to the community, I wish you best of success in your journey, and we'll be happy to help guide you through it!

• Like 1