Lee W

Introduce Yourself!

On 4/27/2020 at 3:58 PM, Clayton Shearman said:

Hey Ladies and Gentlemen,

I grew up in North Texas and recently moved to Southern Idaho to follow my best friend and girlfriend into the first job of her career after she got her Masters Degree in Aquaculture.

I joined BBT a few weeks ago and recently became a Lifetime Member after getting a taste of everything going on here. I have been trading for a handful of years on and off, I listened to Andrew's book back in early 2018 on Audible. I was always afraid of getting into trading intraday until I started thinking about my future more and what I wanted to do with my time.

I am an independent insurance adjuster for a living so I travel and work in areas of natural disasters inspecting homes after hurricanes, tornadoes, and wind/hail storms. With that line of work, I have times where I work 16 hours a day, 7 days a week and times where I am off or out of work for weeks/months at a time. So you could say my job is very cyclical. I could get a call tomorrow and be asked to be 900 miles away in 48 hours, ready to work. I always wanted to find a job to do when I wasn't working insurance claims that I could start and stop in a moment's notice. That led me here.

I've sim traded for months now and am looking to sim trade for a little bit longer while I get my Playbook ready and find a platform that I really like. I have already learned a lot from BBT.

Andrew, Brian, Thor, Aiman, Carlos, Norm, Peter, Abiel and Mike B have been great. I have been reading some new books I hadn't heard of until I got here and I have been able to shape my mindset away from dart throwing and into patience and probabilities as much as I can. 

Thanks to everyone that helps out here on the site, the staff, moderators and contributors. Thank you all for being around to help, your good work and positive attitudes make everything here possible.

See you in the chat!

Welcome Clayton, glad to meet you, this reminds of of the time Hurricane Sandy took our my old Nissan Z 😞 and an insurance adjuster had to value her! Glad you became a LifeTime! 

• Like 1

Hi Everyone!

I am an Optometrist in Canada but I've always had a secret interest in trading I just didn't know how to start. My husband actually bought the book off of amazon a few weeks ago for himself but once I got my hands on it I couldn't put it down. 

I joined BBT a few weeks ago and have been watching the classes and morning chatroom. What a great community. I just started in the DAS simulator -- Right now I'm working on customizing hotkeys and layout and focusing on 1 strategy at a time. If there are any other new traders practicing in the simulator that want to connect, I would love to get a small group together to throw around ideas/tips. Please reach out to me!

Look forward to getting to know a lot of you here.

Lauren

• Like 5

Hello all,

I'm living in Bangkok, but originally from Canada. Have been spread betting for about a year without knowing what the heck I'm doing. Tired of the slot machine and the hulk days and I'm now ready to really learning from first principles and getting my trading act together. I've quit my job (before all this covid stuff) and decided to focus full time on trading to immerse myself. 

I just joined last Monday and had my first few days of sim. Already learned so much from the trading vids and the chatroom. Also the community has been great and already learning from others here. Looking forward to becoming a consistent trader and being in control of my psychology. Feel free to send me a message if you see me in the chatroom - I'm RickBKK

Cheers,

Richard

• Like 1

Hola amigos

I started studying day trading about a month ago, when I had to close my business due to a little thing called covid19. Maybe some of you have heard of it? 🙂  My experience over the past month has been pretty wild. This is all before finding BBT. I decided to jump right in and open a TOS account, join a few chat rooms, take a few cheap online courses, and crossed my fingers. Unfortunately the world that I fell into was penny stocks. Whoa, what a crazy ride that is. I got into some pretty wild covid19 players and my account skyrocketed. As you could imagine that didn't last very long.

After about a month of that I thought that there had to be another way.  I quickly figured out that I like technical analysis and price action way more than trying to figure out the fundamentals of a company. I also realized that I don't have the emotional stamina for penny stocks. 

After doing some research I found Andrews book and quickly became interested. I joined BBT last week and have been loving it. The community and support seems amazing and, with a background in psychology, I love that this group really takes that part of trading seriously. 

I live in Portland, Or with my wife and 2 daughters. If anybody is ever in the area let's meet up. I would love to meet other traders. 

I am also on the lookout to network and find other traders who would be up for starting a small group within BBT to help each other out and keep each other on track. If anybody knows of a group that exists or is up for creating one with me let me know.

Adios, Casey!

Edited by Casey Gates
  • Like 2

On 4/29/2020 at 11:03 AM, Lauren said:

Hi Everyone!

I am an Optometrist in Canada but I've always had a secret interest in trading I just didn't know how to start. My husband actually bought the book off of amazon a few weeks ago for himself but once I got my hands on it I couldn't put it down. 

I joined BBT a few weeks ago and have been watching the classes and morning chatroom. What a great community. I just started in the DAS simulator -- Right now I'm working on customizing hotkeys and layout and focusing on 1 strategy at a time. If there are any other new traders practicing in the simulator that want to connect, I would love to get a small group together to throw around ideas/tips. Please reach out to me!

Look forward to getting to know a lot of you here.

Lauren

Hey Lauren. I am new here as well and also interested in getting a newbie small group going. Want to connect? Just posted my intro if you want to take a look.

Hey Guys,

My name is Marcus and I live in Bend, OR. I am brand new to the group but liking it so far! 

I own a small composites fabrication shop in Central Oregon where I employ 5 people. 

I am looking forward to meeting the members here and learning as much as possible.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, MarcusCentral said:

Hey Guys,

My name is Marcus and I live in Bend, OR. I am brand new to the group but liking it so far! 

I own a small composites fabrication shop in Central Oregon where I employ 5 people. 

I am looking forward to meeting the members here and learning as much as possible.

Welcome to BBT Marcus! Glad you are liking BBT Community already! 

19 hours ago, Casey Gates said:

Hola amigos

I started studying day trading about a month ago, when I had to close my business due to a little thing called covid19. Maybe some of you have heard of it? 🙂  My experience over the past month has been pretty wild. This is all before finding BBT. I decided to jump right in and open a TOS account, join a few chat rooms, take a few cheap online courses, and crossed my fingers. Unfortunately the world that I fell into was penny stocks. Whoa, what a crazy ride that is. I got into some pretty wild covid19 players and my account skyrocketed. As you could imagine that didn't last very long.

After about a month of that I thought that there had to be another way.  I quickly figured out that I like technical analysis and price action way more than trying to figure out the fundamentals of a company. I also realized that I don't have the emotional stamina for penny stocks. 

After doing some research I found Andrews book and quickly became interested. I joined BBT last week and have been loving it. The community and support seems amazing and, with a background in psychology, I love that this group really takes that part of trading seriously. 

I live in Portland, Or with my wife and 2 daughters. If anybody is ever in the area let's meet up. I would love to meet other traders. 

I am also on the lookout to network and find other traders who would be up for starting a small group within BBT to help each other out and keep each other on track. If anybody knows of a group that exists or is up for creating one with me let me know.

Adios, Casey!

Welcome Casey! I am sure as soon this covid thing goes away a little we will be able to organize meetups again! Andrew must be anxious for some traveling lol! 

• Like 1

Hi All,

My name is Ranajit, i am from Richmond, Virgina. I am a casual swing trader. Recently i lost my job due to the pandemic and now i am more serious on trading.

I am trying to build my alternative career on trading probably on day trading. Anyone trying to meet up (for now virtually) i am here. Want to learn from any of the excellent people. I am just 3 days in the chat room and i am feeling great.

Thanks

Ranajit C

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ranajit Chatterjee said:

Hi All,

My name is Ranajit, i am from Richmond, Virgina. I am a casual swing trader. Recently i lost my job due to the pandemic and now i am more serious on trading.

I am trying to build my alternative career on trading probably on day trading. Anyone trying to meet up (for now virtually) i am here. Want to learn from any of the excellent people. I am just 3 days in the chat room and i am feeling great.

Thanks

Ranajit C

Welcome to BBT Ranajit! I am sure you are now in the right place to build your tarding career! 

27 minutes ago, Ranajit Chatterjee said:

Thanks Abiel. I am looking for some mentor which will help me to pursue my alternative career, are you or anyone who will take me as student?

You´re welcome Ranajit, please email [email protected] to see if any of the mods are available for one-to-one mentoring. 

6 hours ago, Ranajit Chatterjee said:

Hi All,

Thanks

Ranajit C

Welcome to the club.  I live in VA as about 4-6 hours from you down next to TN.  There's lots to learn in this community fromt he education section of the site as well as from the Moderators during the pre-market as well as during the day. Just remember to take it slow and learn as much as you can so that you don't blow up your account.

• Like 1

Hey BBT,

My name is Romell, I'm a Correctional Officer in the Bay Area, California. I started trading April 1st after finishing Stock Investing for Dummies( don't recommend this book at all). Thanks to that book my swing trading portfolio is doing pretty well though, but it always felt a little too "hands off" for me. 

It turns out a friend of a friend was a professional day trader for 3 years using Andrew's books. Him and I had a long conversation about it and it seemed like it would be a much better fit for my personality. 

So right now the plan is for me and my wife to practice in a sim account and learn as much as we can. Hopefully in a few months we'll be using real cash and this can become a decent second income...or my new career, who knows...

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Romell Roberts said:

Hey BBT,

My name is Romell, I'm a Correctional Officer in the Bay Area, California. I started trading April 1st after finishing Stock Investing for Dummies( don't recommend this book at all). Thanks to that book my swing trading portfolio is doing pretty well though, but it always felt a little too "hands off" for me. 

It turns out a friend of a friend was a professional day trader for 3 years using Andrew's books. Him and I had a long conversation about it and it seemed like it would be a much better fit for my personality. 

So right now the plan is for me and my wife to practice in a sim account and learn as much as we can. Hopefully in a few months we'll be using real cash and this can become a decent second income...or my new career, who knows...

Hi Romell, welcome to BBT! Make sure to stay disciplined in sim so you can be profitable in real! 

• Like 1