Lee W

Introduce Yourself!

10 hours ago, Prashant Malhotra said:

Hello all.

I'm from Dubai and like a lot of people here I too am new to Trading. 

Have in the past read a few books, have also put a small amount of money for trading and lost it! 

My background in education is Finance & I have worked in the Financial Services Sector for over 15 years, but I believe that all of this does not prepare you for Trading (or should I say has not prepared me as yet) and hence to learn more / be more successful I have joined this community.

I hope I am able to contribute here successfully and learn at the same time while making a livelihood eventually from Trading.

Look forward to connecting with the rest.

Best! 🙂

Welcome to BBT Prashant! Yes, financial education does not prepare you for Trading! 

38 minutes ago, Antonio Dimitrovski said:

Hi All, My name is Antonio and I'm 29 from Toronto, Canada. I work as a Branch Manager in the finance industry. I've been doing my own investing/swing trading for the most part of the last 5-6 years and have recently had the time to invest into actually learning the details of the market. Through my research I found a few of Andrew's books which I initially listened to on my commute to work. After a little while I finally decided to join this community and I'm extremely excited to see what opportunities lie ahead!

Welcome to BBT Antonio! 

Hello everyone, 

I am so grateful that I found  BBT community through Andrew's books. I joined with the monthly subscription but two days later, I changed to a lifetime member. That's the best decision, I've ever made in my life. 

Hats off guys, I was hesitant to join because I am a woman and although I work in a man dominant industry , I felt shy. I don't regret even a second, I am so inspired and motivated by all of you, I am reading and listening to the videos, taking notes, join the chatroom. I am so grateful, I found BBT community. There is an incredible and valuable information here, everyone is  always ready to share with others, lend a helping hand, it really feels like a  family where you can honestly share your struggles, fears and joys in a safe non-judgmental environment. 

A little about me, I am Bulgarian, living and working in Dubai for the last 10 years. I am a regional sales and revenue manager in a global car rental company.  A couple of years ago, I came across Andrew's Halam book " The millionaire expat" ( I am an avid reader 🙂 ) and found out that my retirement plan with an international, well known investment company is  just a long term insurance policy, presented as an investment plan,  with hidden fees, closely to 7.5 % per year.  I started to dive more and more into the financial markets, trying to find out how to invest my money better in order to achieve early retirement. Reading books about investments, swing and day trading made me think what actually best match my personality. At first, I found day trading not my cup of tea but after reading Andrew's books again and again, everything started to fall in place and make sense to me. I am definitely not a type of person who can handle money left overnight on the market ( I've done this and lost quite a big amount), nor I am only satisfied with passive investment in ETFs.  

My goal is to learn from all of you and become a successful trader over time. How long it will take, I don't know, I give myself 2 years but it may take longer but I am determined to go through the learning and practice curve as long as it takes.  What success means to me, become a disciplined trader, protect and grow my equity, think in probabilities and take responsibility for my trades. 

Thank you for the opportunity to introduce myself and looking forward to connect with you all. Stay safe!

• Like 1

Hello everyone,

My name is Randall Roberts from Austin, Texas, and I am new to day trading.

Like many others here, I read Andrew’s book and connected with his ability to take a complex subject and process and make it understandable.  After reading another book, I decided to look at the resources on BBT. After watching a few episodes of Pre-Market Trading Prep and the Closing Bell on YouTube, I decided to join BBT as this community seems very open and welcoming.

I’m planning on starting in the simulator at the end of this week or early next, and I look forward to learning from other members here at BBT!

Great to be here. I decided to sign up for a lifetime membership, blind, without hesitation, after reading Andrew's first book. I have been a value investor for 12 years, actively trading my retirement portoflio. Most of my trades have been swing trades and I didn't think "day trading" was a viable option outside of the institutions until reading Andrew's book. I have had a similar professional experiences to Andrew where I had to find entrepreneurial ways to navigate a changing economy while leveraging advanced education (like many of you have).  Many of the overarching philosophies resonate perfectly with me. Since, I have read Andrew's second book. I plan on beginning the simulator next week (while continuing to swing trade in my "bigger" account as Andrew would say).

Let's get to it!

-UVA Jay

Hi everyone, great to be here. 

I'm new to trading like many of you, and just started investing (far too late in life) early February just before everything tanked and lost almost half of everything overnight, lol. I pretty much laughed it off because I joined the motley fool around the same time and was planning for long term investing anyway. Not to mention, I didn't have much to lose anyway. Just a couple of thousand that I had planned to add 1,000 to each month. 

Reading their forums I came across someone who said all he was trying to do was increase his account by 1.3% a day, compounding it over time. That comment and YouTube video recommendation led me to another guy who focused on buying stocks for their dividends and some swing trading as a way to build wealth, but it requires you to keep buying stocks. 

Unfortunately, with everything being shut down now, my income (I drive tow truck), like many others, has tanked to about 50% of what it was, so no new stock purchases for the foreseeable future. 

So I did some more searching about swing trading and ran across Andrew's day trading book, which I'm finishing up currently. 

My account on robinhood is now in the positive, thanks to picking some stocks recommended at the MF, and I have actually sold most of it off Thursday and Friday so I can put it aside for day trading. 

My plan is to learn on the simulator and eventually move that money to a live account. 

I figured that I really have no idea how long my income will be cut so I may as well spend my time and that small chunk of money trying to grow it as best I can in the mornings before work. 

With any luck I can go full time in a year or so. 

Anyway, great to be here and I hope that some day I'll be able to contribute competently to repay what I'm learning now. 

Edit: sorry for the book, didn't realize I wrote so much. 

Edited by Tracy
  • Like 2

Hi everyone!

After plenty of research and reading Andrew's books, I have signed up as a lifetime member. I'm from the UK, Liverpool, and known by my surname 'Drew'. 

Andrew, his books, and this community feel like the perfect fit for how I want to trade. There's a long road of education and practise ahead of me but I am committed and it looks like I'll get the right support here.

Look forward to getting to know a lot of you here.

Drew

• Like 2

Hey everyone joined BBT a couple of weeks ago after reading Andrew's book. Been really digging into the information and practicing in sim (and replay mode). Felt like I was picking things up quick and now not so much based on my trades lol. Enjoying the chat room and the premarket show with Norm and Carlos. Looking forward to keep learning and getting familiar with the community!

• Like 1

Hi everyone,

Complete noob here. Just joined - forum only, no subscription just yet.

Still reading Andrew's books and making sense of it all. I'm at the "whirlwind" stage i.e. one minute I'm reading Andrew's book; next minute I'm watching BearBullTraders youtube videos; then clicking off to CMEG / IB; then I'm on Dastrader's website; next I'm at timeanddate.com realizing I'll be up at 11:30pm for the market open (I'm based in Australia); etc.

Lot's to learn. Lemme get back to it...

On 4/24/2020 at 3:51 AM, vrtlmadness said:

Hi everyone,

Complete noob here. Just joined - forum only, no subscription just yet.

Still reading Andrew's books and making sense of it all. I'm at the "whirlwind" stage i.e. one minute I'm reading Andrew's book; next minute I'm watching BearBullTraders youtube videos; then clicking off to CMEG / IB; then I'm on Dastrader's website; next I'm at timeanddate.com realizing I'll be up at 11:30pm for the market open (I'm based in Australia); etc.

Lot's to learn. Lemme get back to it...

Welcome! We have some members in Australia.

On 4/23/2020 at 3:57 PM, BobbyR said:

Hey everyone joined BBT a couple of weeks ago after reading Andrew's book. Been really digging into the information and practicing in sim (and replay mode). Felt like I was picking things up quick and now not so much based on my trades lol. Enjoying the chat room and the premarket show with Norm and Carlos. Looking forward to keep learning and getting familiar with the community!

Welcome Bobby! 

On 4/20/2020 at 6:52 AM, Matthew Drew said:

Hi everyone!

After plenty of research and reading Andrew's books, I have signed up as a lifetime member. I'm from the UK, Liverpool, and known by my surname 'Drew'. 

Andrew, his books, and this community feel like the perfect fit for how I want to trade. There's a long road of education and practise ahead of me but I am committed and it looks like I'll get the right support here.

Look forward to getting to know a lot of you here.

Drew

Welcome Drew! Make sure to take a look at our Europe BBT Members, our membership from UK is growing! 

Hi all, I am Retnuh (Stephen Hunter = retnuH),

A few years ago I wanted to trade stocks so I found someone selling training online and after spending one day reviewing some stuff, I could see it was complete trash and I was LOST. I gave up on the dream to trade stocks. Fast forward now and I see everything crashing in the stock market and I think once again I need to try learning about it. I go back to that one online course and again it is 100% TRASH. I searched on Amazon and came across Andrew's two books. I purchased two of them and the moment the "How To Day Trade For A Living" came in, I haven't stopped to put it down. I am almost done with it and WOW.... This was EVERYTHING I was looking for. All my questions were being answered. Just based off how much I have learned and am not confused any more, I picked up the Lifetime Membership as well as 3 months of the DAS Simulator. I plan on finishing this book in the next two days and then going through all the Learning Classes in the Members Area. This was a HUGE commitment to purchase the Lifetime Membership, but I am commited and will not fail at this. I want to be able to enjoy this for a living and make it a business. I have faced a mountain like this once before when I took on learning how to be a software developer without formal education. I was able to scale that mountain and now work for a Software Company and have a few Mobile Apps out on the App Store.

I can honestly see myself 3 years from now (I'm 46) being a full time day trader as a business and then I pick up contract work as a software developer. That is my new dream...

• Like 1

Aloha everyone!

I'm Wayne, a new equities trader.

I found BBT from YouTube and after some digging decided to take the plunge. My goal is to become a Consistently Profitable Trader and join the ranks of the elite performing traders.

Happy to be here!

• Like 3

Hey Ladies and Gentlemen,

I grew up in North Texas and recently moved to Southern Idaho to follow my best friend and girlfriend into the first job of her career after she got her Masters Degree in Aquaculture.

I joined BBT a few weeks ago and recently became a Lifetime Member after getting a taste of everything going on here. I have been trading for a handful of years on and off, I listened to Andrew's book back in early 2018 on Audible. I was always afraid of getting into trading intraday until I started thinking about my future more and what I wanted to do with my time.

I am an independent insurance adjuster for a living so I travel and work in areas of natural disasters inspecting homes after hurricanes, tornadoes, and wind/hail storms. With that line of work, I have times where I work 16 hours a day, 7 days a week and times where I am off or out of work for weeks/months at a time. So you could say my job is very cyclical. I could get a call tomorrow and be asked to be 900 miles away in 48 hours, ready to work. I always wanted to find a job to do when I wasn't working insurance claims that I could start and stop in a moment's notice. That led me here.

I've sim traded for months now and am looking to sim trade for a little bit longer while I get my Playbook ready and find a platform that I really like. I have already learned a lot from BBT.

Andrew, Brian, Thor, Aiman, Carlos, Norm, Peter, Abiel and Mike B have been great. I have been reading some new books I hadn't heard of until I got here and I have been able to shape my mindset away from dart throwing and into patience and probabilities as much as I can. 

Thanks to everyone that helps out here on the site, the staff, moderators and contributors. Thank you all for being around to help, your good work and positive attitudes make everything here possible.

See you in the chat!

• Like 1