Lee W

Introduce Yourself!

Hello My Name Is Jean-Philip P, Im living in Sorel- Quebec - Canada.

Im learning daytrading Since 2 years and Half, And more specific Day trading Momentum 9h30am to 11h30am, I put 51% of my entire weeks every weeks to daytrading, Research, Videos, Journaling, watching every of my record ( Yes I film Myself daytrading), Reading, Reviewing, discuting about my idea.

In my brain, I persuade Im a Daytrader and Im gonna make this for a Living Really soon, Daytrading is my Only path, passion, Reason for live. Yes Im really extrem, Im not balanced at all as individual. Like you can see Im French and Im trying to my best in english for writing ahah.

Right now im seeking friend But Not anyone, I dont care about your Result right now is good or bad, I trying to find some people Motivate as me, Will talk about trading Idea, and Psychology.

I see Myself in 2-3 years In a Villa in a Offshore country/Island for avoid Taxes and I Wish the persons I meet have a same Idea for his futur. A villa Of traders. a group of friend making money and Appreciate the real Live purpose.

If you Speak french Is a plus :) ( sorry for my bad english )

Feel friend to come talk with me.

[email protected]

I am Bob Stovall of Forsyth (Monroe County), Georgia. I'm rapidly approaching 70 years of age and currently working a real job as an assistant manager of a call center for a software developer in Macon, GA. (My third career) I'm a husband, father of three (one deceased) and grandfather of three. I've delved into several business ventures as well as invested in rental properties. I've reduced my RE holdings to two income properties and the farm where I currently live with my bride of almost 42 years.

I've been trading/investing for not quite 10 years. I've had some success with stocks. What losses I've experienced were not so much losses as missed opportunities: failing to act when I had the means to do so but was either distracted by something else or dissuaded by someone else. Not shifting blame but acknowledging that I am responsible for me and my successes and failures and should, therefore trust my judgement and recognize my tolerance for risk and not look to others for instructions on what to do or when, where or why to do it.

I've never considered day trading until my wife shared Andrew's very excellent book with me and it was almost an epiphany for me. My greatest success with investing, thus far, has been the swing trading I did with BAC. It was fun, it was exciting and it was financially rewarding. But I believe that with the help of this group and the tools available via https://bearbulltraders.com that I should be able to replace my day job income within the next year and devote more time to other pursuits that I have put off up til now. I'm looking forward to this new and exciting venture.

Welcome! I hope you can enjoy this new challenge.

My only advsie is do not trade with real money right away. It looks very lucrative and easy, but it is not. I am sure others can comment on this too.

I am glad you liked the book. Would you mind writing me your honest review on amazon.com? I very much appreciate that.

Cheers,

• Like 1

Hey,

My name is Dustin Vioen and I'm also in Vancouver, BC. I'm a tech entrepreneur and was trading in crypto but hated the lack of sophistication, but loved the markets, so I pivoted to day trading. I do this in the morning before starting with my other companies. One of my companies is a digital marketing agency and there is lots of cross over when it comes to reading the data!

Feel very fortunate to that your book (Andrew) was one of the first I've read.

Dustin

Hi,

I am Pankaj. I live in Sweden and read Andrew's book about a month ago. I joined the chat room and got a simulator account 2 weeks ago and have been trading in the simulator ever since. I am an engineer by profession and I have been working for large and small companies for the past many years. My main goal with day trading is to become a little more geographically mobile.

I love the technical analysis part of day trading and would like to get better at it. I feel that I make a lot of mistakes when I place trades and there's a big improvement potential there too. But, that is why I am quite glad that Andrew advises everyone to start trading in a simulator. Had I started trading with real money I would have lost all of it by making silly mistakes by now :).

Looking forward to getting to know some of you here in the trading room and the forum.

BR

Pankaj

• Like 1

Hello,

My name is Lana. My husband and I have read the book and are taking the next step, joining the group. We are sharing an account right now. Our goal is to make day trading a career together. We are both very new to day trading so he is making flash cards for us and I'm reading & watching all I can. Once I clear my schedule we will start doing the simulator. My goal is to replace his current income so he can quit his job and we can do this full time. I'm excited for this new chapter of our life.

• Like 1

Hi all,

My name is Tim and I live in Des Moines, Iowa. I retired early and have been enjoying my free time these last 5 years but have grown increasingly bored and have been looking for a challenge. I have had a casual interest in day trading for some time but the market turbulence this year, and reading Andrew's book, have led me to take a deeper look. I live off my investments and don't like the feeling of powerlessness I've had watching market declines eat my retirement savings. I don't realistically expect expect to manage all my money myself but I like the idea of perhaps managing some of it. I have been trading in the simulator for the last two weeks and have found it absorbing and fun, though definitely challenging. I am certainly not bored!

I look forward to getting to know some of you in the chat room but haven't figured out yet how to watch the charts and the chat conversation at the same time :)

-Tim

Hey all! My name is Erich K. I am 35 and originally from Chicago but I have lived all over the east coast the past few years for work (NJ shore, Jersey City/NYC, Boston, Atlanta). I currently reside in Maryland. I graduated college in 2006 with two bachelor of science degrees in Architectural Engineering and Construction Management. I work full-time as a Project Manager for a design-build firm building industrial facilities for food and beverage companies. I handle things like estimating, contract negotiations, design reviews and project budgets. I am thankful that it offers a schedule that is flexible and allows me time to trade the open (first 30-60 minutes) most of the time.

I started day trading in late 2017 while I was between projects but have done investing for myself the past 8 years or so. I graduated with significant debt (student loans) but was able to pay them off by traveling for work. Taking personal responsibility for my finances was my greatest life lesson. To say that it piqued my interest in how the world of finance works would be an understatement. I love the world of finance and studying how to trade.

I found Andrew after searching for books on trading. I read his book over a weekend and then started watching his YouTube recaps. About a week later I had to join the chatroom. He is also an engineer and I was really able to relate and understand his logical presentation of how to trade. Joining the chatroom has been very important to my own journey in becoming a trader. He is calm, cool and collected. Like all traders, I took big losses when I first started due to impatience and poor risk management. The chatroom offers great support from all the other traders and it is FUN! Everyone is very laid back, always cracking jokes to keep things light. Of course, everyone is very focused and concentrated on helping each other out and becoming better traders. I used to look forward to weekends all week long. Now I can't wait for weekday mornings to start!

Hello everyone! I'm Allen, a 35 year old ex-Software Engineer. I got tired of working long hours making other people rich and have always wanted to become a day trader.

I've been swing trading and investing in stocks part time for many years now, and have been involved in cryptocurrencies since 2014 when I purchased my first Bitcoins. I quit my job in late 2017 to focus on trading cryptocurrencies, and am now bringing that experience into day trading stocks as well. I read Andrew's book and really loved the clear, concise explanations as well as the honesty in his own short comings as a trader.

I'm looking forward to working with you all and learning how to become a great trader, 1 day at a time.

Hello

My name is Rafael 36 years old.  A network engineer and live in New Jersey. I have been trading for 1 year.  Day trading is my passion and I will be successful. I am tired of working for others and would like to get my time back by day trading

Hi, my name is Robert. I'm a retired Army officer and work full-time now at a research lab. I often work from home with flexible hours, so I was thinking I might dedicate two hours in the morning to day trading if I can figure it out. I have invested in retirement and emergency fund mutual funds for many years but have never day traded. My goal would be to eventually pay off all debt, including mortgage, generate a house fund for our retirement, and, when I retire (3-5 years from now?), day trade for a living.

I signed up Platinum and want to begin simulated trading as my schedule allows.

Bob

Hi all, I'm Josh. 36, married, two kids, live in metro-Atl, GA....

I've been with BBT since Oct of last year (2017) when I started with the simulator. Like many of you I found BBT through Andrew's book. I've always been interested in the markets and one day my wife asked, "Why don't you look into trading?". I immediately went to trusty Amazon to find resources and there was 'How to Day Trade for a Living' with an average rating around 5-stars (and then approximately 400 or so reviews). I blazed through the book, watched every YT video Andrew had posted, did some additional research, then signed up for BBT Platinum package.

I traded in the sim all of Oct, Nov and halfway through Dec before going live. I didn't plan to go live until January of this year; however, once I had my IB account setup it was too tempting not to live trade. Let me tell you, in my experience, the simulator is NOTHING like the real deal--even if you tell yourself you will only trade like it's a real account. I made some bonehead mistakes and lost a good amount of money; however, I did learn from it. I've recouped almost all my losses and on-track to be at breakeven in a week or so, Lord willing.

Good luck to everyone and I'll see you in the chat, or if you are in the Atlanta-area I hope to meet you in person someday soon.

All the best, Josh P.

Hey Josh!  Glad to see you post here and look forward to meeting you at our Atlanta meetup, whenever that will be.  Join us in the GroupMe chat, if you’d like.  Buzz me or Tiana R or Joshua H  in the chat so we can get your number and add you.  I think Tiana R has her phone number posted in our meetup thread, so you can also text her to get added.

-Lee

Hi I am Jimmy Hung from Austin Texas, I was in a PhD program in Economics at UT for a little bit and then decided to not pursue a life in academia, and now working as a healthcare data analyst for over 4 years now for large healthcare group in Austin.

I jumped around a little bit on day trading education on Tim Sykes, Warrior Trading, Investors Underground, etc. I never fully committed to anyone of them, because I felt that they are more into marketing than actually delivering content. I found Andrew through his amazing book on Amazon for free (prime member) and quickly fell in love with the people in chat room and overall down-to-earn style of the community.

I really like Andrew's style of delivering his trading knowledge through live trading, he gets to the point and not gives you a bunch of marketing BS that other famous trading education is about. To subscribe to a live trading education along with Andrew for 50 dollars monthly (now I am a lifetime member) is so much worth than signing up a 6k protege education from other trading services.

I am still in simulator, and learning period. I really hope one day I can trade my way out of a full time job. I hate 9-5! It might be a wishful thinking, but seeing Andrew, and so many people here traded their way out of a job is very inspiring and this is doable as long as I stick with it and trade properly.

-Jimmy

• Like 1

Hello everyone,

My name is Michael. I live in the LA area with my family but stay in the San Diego area Monday through Friday for work.

I am currently serving in the Marine Corps and just returned in May from my 4th deployment to the middle east. After 21 years of service, I am finally calling it quits and looking to transition to another opportunity in about 18 months. I have always been interested in day trading but could never seem to find the right resources to educate myself, until last February when a fellow Marine happened to mention Andrew’s book. I was sold after reading the first chapter and have been diligently learning something new each day since. I really looking forward to attending the classes at 5pm instead of 3am.

Right now, I am fighting through the technical frustration of setting up my trading station and developing a routine in my new work environment, so I can start the simulator June 1st. It is amazing to me how difficult it has been to establish a reliable internet connection outside of my house. Hopefully, by the end of the week I will be ready to download the DAS Trader.

Look forward to the conversations in the chatroom, classes, and mentorship webinars.

Thanks Andrew, Brian P., members of the chatroom, and the rest of the bearbulltraders team who make this community what it is.

Mike B.

• Like 1