Lee W

Introduce Yourself!

16 minutes ago, Brendon said:

@glennthephoneman2020 I prefer to use Camtasia, it has more features and easier to record and edit in my opinion. Andrew and most mods use it as well. Not a fan of OBS. A lot of members record their trading days for journaling, it's definitely helpful! And to do video recaps helps a lot on going through your thought process. I am more a video guy than hard logs, I run off the 'big picture' for a month's worth of trades. I am not trying to micro manage my trades down to a point but I am sure I am losing out on some by not doing so. 

Thanks Brendon ... your feedback is much appreciated.  I've heard good things about Camtasia as well.  Since I'm just starting out in the simulator and haven't made the big bucks (or any bucks for that matter) I think I'll start with the free OBS software and, once I become profitable at trading, I'll migrate over to the Camtasia software.  Happy trading and thanks again.

• Like 1

Hey all! 
My name's Damon N, I'm originally from Miami and iv wanted to be a trader since I was a kid. Life, however, had different plans, I'm currently a chef after cooking in the Navy for 4 years and going to the CIA for culinary arts. I love cooking but iv only been pursuing this career because like a lot of people I didn't believe i could change or become a trader. I have been trading in a sim for a week now and last week ended with a net positive of $2164, so I now know I can do it. I found Andrews's book a few years ago and read it and always wanted to try but never took the leap; now I'm just pulling the trigger and I am going to be a successful trader. If anyone in Miami I'm looking for mentors or other traders to meet with to help learn as much as I can.

Thank you all,
Damon N.

• Like 1

Hi Damon! @Damon0042

First and foremost Thank You for your service!
Welcome to the BBT family!

Is great you are coming back around to something you always wanted to do. Life is short so we need to take stabs at what we always wanted to do! Nothing worse than having that thought of what if? 

We have a lot of traders down in Florida not sure how many are from Miami but I am sure there are a couple there! Anyway we can assist please let us know, once again welcome!

Hello there,

my name is Seydou from Berlin, working as a freelance data scientist from Berlin. I recently read "Fooled by randomness" by Taleb,  that got me curious about trading then I found Andrew's book. And then here I am, looking forward to know and learn from each of you!

Seydou

Edited by Seydou Dia
  • Like 1

On 12/4/2018 at 5:37 AM, jeremykelley80 said:

Hey all,

Well since I'm going live today - I thought I'd formally introduce myself!  I'm Jeremy - married without kids.  Live in Seattle for the last 5 years but grew up in Redding, CA (made famous by the Carr Fire this summer).  I've worked in retail management for 18 years, the last five being as a Starbucks store manager here in Seattle.  

I've been in simulator since July - and now it's time to add emotion into the mix 😉  I typically trade the 1st hour and then go make coffee for 8 more hours.  Working with the public for so long, and interviewing/hiring so many people over the years, I've developed a strength in reading people... I'm finding that it has helped me read the market too. 

I love all things outdoors, you could consider me a ski bum of sorts in the Winter.  

Many thanks to Andrew and team for all that you do!

See you all in the chat,

J

Hey J,

Welcome! Try to make it to the Seattle BBT meetup in a couple of weeks. I'm down in San Jose, CA so it's a little bit far for me to make the trip. Hey as long as you're not drinking coffee all those 8 hours of I think going live will be great for you now. Start small and protect that account while you get better at reading the charts. 

@Seydou Dia

Welcome to the community!

Never heard of this book is it good and do you recommend it? 

Once again welcome! We are glad to have you on board!

Edited by Carlos M.

Hey,

Kestutis the name. From Lithuania over east Europe.

Was lured here by Andrew's book, then Aiman on the main website helpdesk chat.

Googled "bearbulltraders scam" for a good week before making the leap of faith decision (the Christmas sale helped 😉 )

Currently swing trading on Etoro (Skiedra123, +50% 2019, +70% on 2018, -75% on 2017) . Scares the heck out of me, so decided I need proper education...

Glad to meet the BBT family!

K.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Carlos M. said:

@Seydou Dia

Welcome to the community!

Never heard of this book is it good and do you recommend it? 

Once again welcome! We are glad to have you on board!

Thank you @Carlos M.,

I really enjoyed the book and I do recommend it. The author is trader and the book is about probability thinking, risk/reward, consistency in random environment and how not to blow up as a trader 🙂. I have seen your courses regarding those topics and I think you will love the book.

Cheers,

Seydou

Hello all,

This is Bryce and I just joined literally 30 minutes ago, after spending the last few weeks researching and monitoring the daily YouTube feeds.     After spending a career with big brands (Nike, adidas, etc) and moving around globally, I recently, once again, had my "position eliminated".    I'm an American, but after this last change have decided to take control over my life and career and pursue Day Trading for a living.    I've moved back down to Brazil (lived here in the past and have a home here) and am excited about the journey I'm embarking on.     Through Andrews book and the video's on YouTube and chats, I think I'm fairly grounded in terms of what reality will hold and that this is a long term learning process.     Not a get rich quite scheme.    I like the philosophy of BBT.      I realize it's going to be steep learning curve, but I'm committed to the process and committed to success!     

I'll say in advance, thank you, as I'll be asking many questions of you all during this journey and I look forward to the day I'll be able to give back and add value to the community as well!   

Here is to what promises to be a great 2020 and the decade before us!

Cheers, Bryce

Hey all, 

My name is Stephen. I am 35 and I have a Masters in Aquatic Biology. I have just completed my third year pursuing a Ph. D.  in Molecular Ecology and Evolution. I am very new and had just began my investing journey (mutual funds, stocks, etc.) when I happened to find Andrew's book. 

I wasn't really interested in becoming a day trader; I was simply naive to the difference between traders and investors and wanted to learn the difference. It was very informative and compelling so I read it again. After the second read through, I decided to start building screens and practicing pattern recognition. After a couple of months of looking for VWAP setups, I decided to take a leap of faith and try out simulated trading for 3 - 6 months.

I am happy to have joined the community, excited to challenge myself, and to ready exercise the discipline to execute good trades. 

4 hours ago, Stephen Harding said:

Hey all, 

My name is Stephen. I am 35 and I have a Masters in Aquatic Biology. I have just completed my third year pursuing a Ph. D.  in Molecular Ecology and Evolution. I am very new and had just began my investing journey (mutual funds, stocks, etc.) when I happened to find Andrew's book. 

I wasn't really interested in becoming a day trader; I was simply naive to the difference between traders and investors and wanted to learn the difference. It was very informative and compelling so I read it again. After the second read through, I decided to start building screens and practicing pattern recognition. After a couple of months of looking for VWAP setups, I decided to take a leap of faith and try out simulated trading for 3 - 6 months.

I am happy to have joined the community, excited to challenge myself, and to ready exercise the discipline to execute good trades. 

Welcome to the club! Very cool areas of focus you have there! If you have any questions just message me, Ive been around the block a few times, then down that alley you dont want to go lol then back again

• Like 2

On 12/31/2019 at 11:23 AM, Brendon said:

Welcome to the club! Very cool areas of focus you have there! If you have any questions just message me, Ive been around the block a few times, then down that alley you dont want to go lol then back again

Thanks. Looking forward to tomorrows session. 

Hey all,

My name is Matthew Hileman , I live in Southwest Virginia and I have a Bachelors Degree in Computer Science with a major in Software Engineering.  My current job, for the past 5 years, is a Database Administrator at Northrop Grumman.  Before that I worked as a Help Desk Analyst at the same company for 4.5 years.  I've been interested in stocks for years and finally started learning about trading on a daily and swing basis.  I've read both of Andrews books as well as used tradingview for the simulator and looking at stocks and understanding the way stocks move. 

Right now I'm setting up a trading account with CMEG and hope that I can profit enough to get past the PDT rule with a broker here in the U.S. 

Hey all, Dan here on the west coast. Been swing&value trading for 20+ years and never had the bandwidth for daytrading. Don't understand the current market valuations and macro conditions have been skittish to me the past several months. Makes me skeptical of holding long positions for extended periods. Have been dropping equities and needed another way to put cash to work so here I am learning the daytrading ropes. Am an engineer by training and I run a software and data analytics company (not in finance sector). Appreciate the wealth of information and resources on here and looking forward to crossing paths with the rest of you in the days ahead. Cheers!

Edited by Kairos

50 minutes ago, Kairos said:

Hey all, Dan here on the west coast. Been swing&value trading for 20+ years and never had the bandwidth for daytrading. Don't understand the current market valuations and macro conditions have been skittish to me the past several months. Makes me skeptical of holding long positions for extended periods. Have been dropping equities and needed another way to put cash to work so here I am learning the daytrading ropes. Am an engineer by training and I run a software and data analytics company (not in finance sector). Appreciate the wealth of information and resources on here and looking forward to crossing paths with the rest of you in the days ahead. Cheers!

Welcome! In Cali myself, moved timezones just for trading. Yes I agree, keep it simple, long term investing should be just in mutual funds like always, people will get burned hard if they stock pick. Then for additional cashflow I put my money to work in daytrading. Nothing revolutionary, just keep it simple, hard work and patience.