Lee W

Introduce Yourself!

Hi Everyone, my name is Tom, I am 34 and from Pennsylvania. I have a bachelor's degree in Information Science and Technology. I am leaving my job as a network engineer because I am just absolutely sick of it. A career change is in order and I want to pursue a career in day/swing trading. I want a lifestyle that allows me to be my own boss and be independent of the corporate world. I have some trading experience researching and investing(read:luck) in small cap biotechnology stocks. The lessons I learned from small cap biotechnology trading were heavy and with that heavy losses. However, I was able to save some money doing this to be able to comfortably take a year off from work and try my hand at day trading. I am here to learn as much as I possibly can, and hopefully contribute back to the success of our group while making enough money to survive along the way. I can't wait to start trading with everyone and I wish you all the best!

• Like 2

@Valentin Chichkin Welcome to the community! 

Never to late for intro! Nice that you have found your personality fits with trading. That's important. Even more so the style of trading... Sometimes people force themselves to trade a certain style. Finding the style that fits you personally is gold! 

Hey Jordan @jjones11 !!

lol Dawson Creek! Big show during those days. 

Good that you have been able to get some great time put in to the simulation, it will help a lot. Vancouver has tons of traders and home to Andrew and Brian so I am sure those meets up will be coming very soon and often! 

Greetings Bear Bull Traders!

My name is Glenn Johnson and - thanks to the awesome Black Friday deal - I'm a new Lifetime Member of your group!  Although you all are day traders, I'm not ... at least not yet ... but I hope to be one in the future.  

For me, it's not a sprint to become a day trader but rather a marathon. I have been slowly, methodically reading (Andrew's books of course!), studying and watching videos in my attempt to understand and absorb as much information to help me along my path towards a career transition. Now that I'm a member of your group, the additional resources and access to your experts will surely accelerate my journey.

I have been working in the dying commercial printing industry for 28 years but I'm ready to turn the page and start a new chapter in my life. Currently living in Greenville, South Carolina, I have been married for 27 years, have three lovely daughters and three faithful dogs.  I'm not a huge risk taker; I tend to be cautious but optimistic. I look forward to making this big step forward once I have completed at least three successful and profitable months in a simulator and a few months of small profits in real time with real money.  Since I currently work Monday through Friday, 8 am to 5 pm, you won't see me around for a while; at least not until I'm ready to make my big move.  

I am excited to be a member of your awesome community and I look forward to the opportunities that day trading offers.  First things first: I need to put in as many months as it takes in a simulated environment before you see me active in your group.  I believe I've taken all the necessary steps so far and I'm well aware that there's much more work to do ... but I'm happy to be in your group and I hope that one day I'll be joining you in the chat room or at a meet up event somewhere as a new, happy day trader.

• Like 1

Welcome Tom @PilotFish

Nicely planned! Being able to have a year worth to give day trading a go and solely focus on this craft is amazing. Not many people get that opportunity. Glad to have you on-board! Let the learning begin, we look forward to having you in that chatroom trading with us soon!

Hi Everybody

My name is Ismail . I have just joined to the community yesterday as a life time member. I live in Barcelona, Spain. I am originally from Turkey.

I work for one of the pharma companies as finance systems project manager. I knew nothing about stock market and my only investment was real estate until 2016 where i had a big loss due to economic crisis and currency devaluation in Turkey. After then, i wanted to learn about how to make better investment decisions. In 2017, cryptocurrencies and bitcoin became popular and while following their prices i discovered technical analysis and the difference between investing and trading. After I followed gurus and furus in Turkish  stock market . Shortly i said to myself that  if you wanna be a high performer you need to learn from best people.  Just as NBA is the best basketball league compared to rest of the world leagues, the US market is the best environment to learn trading.  I started to follow again all the gurus and furus in the world of twitter and youtube. As i got more experience  i started to search for the best trading community that fits my personality and trading style. I was also not favor of trading low float penny stock that most of the chatrooms trying to promote . After watching BBT trade reviews in Youtube for months  and reading Andrew´s book, i decided to join . I am very happy to be part of the team. I think BBT family is the most frank and humble trading community in the trading world.

I am currently trading in SIM and  journaling my trades. Because of the European time zone, afternoon session is better for me for trading. I sometimes trade in the morning whenever i have free time as well.

Looking forward to learn from the team and also help people. Let´s get better everyday. 

Ismail

• Like 1

Welcome Glen @glennthephoneman2020

Wow 28 years!, same company? That's a long time. Yes the black Friday deal is insane! Glad you took advantage of it. 

Yes simulation time is important and make sure you also journal during that time. I did not journal during my simulation time and I sure regret not doing it. There is a lot of information on there that will be so helpful to your learning curve. 

Once again welcome to the community!

• Like 1

Hey Ismail! Welcome aboard!

There are many trading communities as you mentioned, some you need to be cautious but there are quite a bit that are really good in the field that they focus in. The issue issue many traders faces is that not everyone fits in every type of trading room. Identify what trader type you are then find the community that fits. Sounds like you were able to do that so we are glad to have you here with BBT!

We look forward to seeing you in the chat and hopefully in a Barcelona meet up! 

Hi Khizer! @Khizer H

Welcome to the BBT family! We have quite a bit new members from London! Perfect timing for the BBT Meet up that will be happening December 14. Make sure to check out the details to join Andrew and other members of the community! I put the link below. 

Very glad the Pre-Market show has helped and thank you for your kind words! 

Oh man you said the magic words with road cycling! I will have to take you up on that offer when my newborn is older and I get back in shape! lol. Thanks so much for being part of this community and we will see you in chatroom! 

Link to London Meet up:

_

Hello everyone! This is naveen from Texas. Been a member of the community for a few weeks now. I have been looking at ways to generate alternative streams of cash flow and interested to try out day trading. if I can get the hang of this and be successful, I am hopeful that I will be able to switch to a full time day trader over the next 12-18 months. Just want to reach out to the group and introduce myself. I am open to any new traders interested in sharing ideas and catchup in general. Feel free to message me. Looking forward to seeing you guys in the chat! Happy Trading!

• Like 2

Hi Naveen! ( @NAVEEN)

Glad you are with us. That is a very realistic expectation! Trading can take time and having that in your plan and mindset will make things easier as you move forward in your journey! 
Welcome and see you in chat!

Hello! This is Leili From California. Started reading Andrew's book a couple of month ago and just started exploring DAS and the chat room. I am a business analytics University Professor and have been thinking of getting into day trading for a while! My plan is to trade in the simulator for about 4-5 months and then go live. My goal: becoming a successful day trader in 3 years 🙂 Still getting familiar with DAS platform so still a long way to go!

• Like 1

Hey Leili! @leilij

Welcome to the BBT family! Happy to have you part of the community!
I love the very very realistic goal! Seems like you have done your home work here. There is no rush to get there and giving yourself the right amount of time for Day Trading is very important to becoming successful!

Once again welcome!

On 12/5/2019 at 12:50 PM, Carlos M. said:

Welcome Glen @glennthephoneman2020

Wow 28 years!, same company? That's a long time. Yes the black Friday deal is insane! Glad you took advantage of it. 

Yes simulation time is important and make sure you also journal during that time. I did not journal during my simulation time and I sure regret not doing it. There is a lot of information on there that will be so helpful to your learning curve. 

Once again welcome to the community!

Hey Carlos.  While I've spent (wasted) 28 years total in the commercial printing industry, I've worked with four different printers over that time span; I've been with my current printer for over 10 years.  I'm working on trying to figure out the best way to journal/record my simulator trades.  I thought I read somewhere that Andrew records his screen while trading.  I'm thinking of trying to do that so I'm wondering if you can recommend the screen recording software that is best for this situation.  Do you know what Andrew uses?  I'll also be logging my trades in a sortable/filterable Excel format too.  I appreciate any suggestions.  THANKS!

P.S.  After typing my comment, I've been reading more Forum posts and found one by TRUE on July 9th recommending OBS and the Advanced Screen Switcher.  I do have four monitors so this seems like something that would work for me ... unless you have another suggestion.  THANKS!

Edited by glennthephoneman2020
  • Like 1

@glennthephoneman2020 I prefer to use Camtasia, it has more features and easier to record and edit in my opinion. Andrew and most mods use it as well. Not a fan of OBS. A lot of members record their trading days for journaling, it's definitely helpful! And to do video recaps helps a lot on going through your thought process. I am more a video guy than hard logs, I run off the 'big picture' for a month's worth of trades. I am not trying to micro manage my trades down to a point but I am sure I am losing out on some by not doing so. 

• Like 1