Lee W

Introduce Yourself!

Hey everyone. My name is Allen. I am 34 years old living in Indianapolis IN. I work for the rail road as a Yardmaster. I control all the movement of the trains going in and out of the yard. Kind of like an air traffic controller but with way less stress. Its a great job that allows my wife to stay home with our kids but is tough on me not being able to see them. I currently work 2nd shift and that really plays well into me learning to day trade.

So far the community has been great and I am really excited to start to learn and get to know everyone.

1 hour ago, Allen Stout said:

Hey everyone. My name is Allen. I am 34 years old living in Indianapolis IN. I work for the rail road as a Yardmaster. I control all the movement of the trains going in and out of the yard. Kind of like an air traffic controller but with way less stress. Its a great job that allows my wife to stay home with our kids but is tough on me not being able to see them. I currently work 2nd shift and that really plays well into me learning to day trade.

So far the community has been great and I am really excited to start to learn and get to know everyone.

Great Allen! Welcome! I went to Purdue, IN is pretty cool, real down the earth people. That's great u can do the 2nd shift, I had to moved coasts to be able to trade and work ha. 

Hi everyone, I am Carlos Perez. I am from Colombia, 37 years old. I am a petroleum engineer working full time in Oman (middle East). I just joined to the community 2 weeks ago after reading Andrew's book. this is a great community and I am learning many things in day trading techniques. Due to the time zone the trading sttarts at 18:30 hrs which is  great because as I mentioned I work full time in the oil and gas industry.

This is a really great community and thanks for sharing thougths/trades in the chat and classroom.

2 hours ago, Carlos Perez said:

Hi everyone, I am Carlos Perez. I am from Colombia, 37 years old. I am a petroleum engineer working full time in Oman (middle East). I just joined to the community 2 weeks ago after reading Andrew's book. this is a great community and I am learning many things in day trading techniques. Due to the time zone the trading sttarts at 18:30 hrs which is  great because as I mentioned I work full time in the oil and gas industry.

This is a really great community and thanks for sharing thougths/trades in the chat and classroom.

Bienvenido Carlos! / Welcome Carlos! We have a space in BBT for spanish speaking people here!

Hi everyone, my name Jose Reyes, I'm originally from Dominican Republic and now living in Canada for over the last 10 years.  I'm coming from the corporate world working for many in years in the telecom industry and since I moved to Canada I also work as a Business Development Consultant and Financial Advisor (moslty providing insurance and traditional investment solutions).  It wasn't until this year that I decided to really focus on exploring the opportunities of direct/active investment at the personal level.  Like many of you, I tried different things (educational forums, platforms, etc) and made some mistakes as well before I came across with Andrew's book and the BBT community.  This is by far the best educational resource and support community that I have found.  I look forward to learn more and more everyday to have a successful day trading career, be part of this great community, and with time to also motivate and help others as well.

Keep the good work!

Cheers!

Hey Everyone. You can call me Terry. 

I am an ex-industrial mechanic in Albertas oil and gas industry. My body could simply not keep doing the work even though I'm only 25. I got into crypto in 2016 and got caught up in it. I tried trading it for about 5 minutes before I realized it was too choppy and 'manipulated' to trade consistently.  So I searched for the most liquid and easily accessible asset to trade, that being the ES mini future. I tried day trading that with a variety of indicators and strategies. Promptly blew out my account, as expected. Sadly this was right before they released the Micro E-minis. I rethought my strategy and needed I needed more a community than doing it all myself. I then went on to follow the low float pushers and started trading those way too quickly without spending enough time in sim and once again blew out my acct. BBT and higher priced stocks  is my last hail mary. I haven't had income in over an year. I have dedicated myself to TA and read a ton of books/watched a lot of trading/investing videos from a variety of places. At this point I almost feel I have information overload. It seems I can't have a green day anymore. I watch every trade review, am in the chatroom every morning, and have gone through all the education material on the site. Oh well. Hopefully I can turn this ship around. 

Terry

Hi, my name is Grace, won’t mention my age but let’s just say I am retired and a senior, I’ve been reading Andrews books and will re-read again with more focus this time.  I’ve been managing my own retirement portfolio for a few years now and am content with my progress.  Oh yeah, I am and have been all my life, a Montrealer (Quebec, Canada) and proud of it. 

The stock market and investing is not new to me.  A little funny story I will share with you today just to show you how much we’ve come a long way from the first day I set foot in a stockbrokerage firm as my first job almost 60 years ago.  I moved up the ladder and worked in many departments, but get this, once I asked my boss that I wanted to train on the “floor” to be a trader, Ha!  I was laughed at and won’t say what his comments were.  This never left me.  Yes, I probably would have been the only female on the floor, but I was not afraid, or skittish, or shy about it at all and was confident I would be good at it.  Those were the times then and I am not bitter.  I moved on, but the love of active trading was always there buried deep in my soul since that first job.

Fast forward to now,  life happened, raised a family and enjoying a couple of grandkids and travelling.   I have crossed paths with a lot of brokers and investment analysts and advisors through the years.  I love to do my own investment research.  

Day trading has been sitting in the back of my mind since I retired my good job at a major University a few years back.  So here goes... I have yet to get set up, and am working on this now.  In the meanwhile re-reading Andrews books,  getting in on convos in chat room, checking out the lessons online,  and just immersing myself in the community are my next steps.

Wish me luck people.

Grace

• Like 3

Hi everyone, my name is Jason from Edmonton Alberta Canada.

I am 34 years old and have been a member since September. I have been in auto sales on and off for 8 years. In between those 8 years I was involved in insurance as well. 
I have been reading up on stocks/investments for the past year until I came across Andrew's book in Audible. Decided to listen to it on my way to work and occasional on the way home (depending on my level of stress that day has given me) The opportunity presented itself to me to take on trading full time and now I am here! Been watching the live trades for the past month and will be getting on SIM soon. 

This community seems extremely helpful and the resources are plentiful. I hope to make this my full time source of income and eventually be helpful enough to contribute to BBT like the other current mods do now.  

Hello everyone,

My name is Duane Ganther and I've been a member for almost 24 hours.  I live in Northridge, California and I've been trading for several years.  Andrew's book on Day Trading is the best that I've read on the subject.  I believe that I can become a much better trader by being connected to this community.  I look forward to meeting you all.

Duane

• Like 1

Hi All,

I'm Ali from Kent in the UK. My early Christmas present this year of the Life time member ship. Been on quite a search to finally find my trading home so to speak. New to trading but been studying for 4 months in preparation. With all the additional material and support from an amazing community, 2020 is going to be an amazing adventure.

I am super excited at my early Christmas present of the life time membership.

Look forward to meeting the UK contingent  in December and  everyone else in the chatroom.

3 hours ago, Alistair Campbell said:

Hi All,

I'm Ali from Kent in the UK. My early Christmas present this year of the Life time member ship. Been on quite a search to finally find my trading home so to speak. New to trading but been studying for 4 months in preparation. With all the additional material and support from an amazing community, 2020 is going to be an amazing adventure.

I am super excited at my early Christmas present of the life time membership.

Look forward to meeting the UK contingent  in December and  everyone else in the chatroom.

Ali, look forward to meeting you in December for our LONDON-UK Meetup! We will confirm the venue soon......

You are quite right: "2020 is going to be an amazing year!!!"

Take care

On 11/9/2019 at 1:44 AM, Allen Stout said:

Hi Allen! Welcome to BBT! I hope you learn a lot from us! Don't hesitate to ask any quesitons you've in order to learn faster!

On 11/9/2019 at 3:03 PM, Carlos Perez said:

Hi Carlos! Welcome to the community! Andrews book was the reason I joined the community as well. I'm glad you're liking BBT so far ❤️