Lee W

Introduce Yourself!

Hi everyone, i joined the great BBT community almost a weak. i`m studying hard and hopefully will start SIM soon. Please post any helpful tips that i can benefit from. 

Thanks to everyone in this great community.

Good Day

My Name is Hamza , I am from Oman. specifically from Muscat. I do travel to Dubai and london very often. I would love to meet any of our community members there.

On 10/12/2019 at 3:03 AM, Emad Ebaid said:

Hi everyone, i joined the great BBT community almost a weak. i`m studying hard and hopefully will start SIM soon. Please post any helpful tips that i can benefit from. 

Thanks to everyone in this great community.

Hi Emad! Welcome to the community, it's really great to have you here with us. I do really recommend you read Andrews book if you didn't, trading in the zone is also one of the best books I'd recommend for trading psychology. Make sure to check our education center and watch the 5 basic classes and other advanced lessons we have.

And don't forget to start trading using the simulator along with journaling! If you've any questions you can always ask me or one of BBT moderators!

On 10/14/2019 at 3:00 PM, Hamza_hs said:

Good Day

My Name is Hamza , I am from Oman. specifically from Muscat. I do travel to Dubai and london very often. I would love to meet any of our community members there.

Hello Hamza! Welcome to the community! It'd be amazing to have you in one of our meetings! 

Hi Everyone, my name is Kyle. I've been day trading for a year now. I've been wanting to join the community for a while and am now happy that I did.

Hope this doesn't discourage anyone who is just starting out. I've had a pretty rough time as a trader so far. Lots of inconsistency and losses over the past year. I guess you could say the only thing I am consistent at is losing. I know it's all a part of the learning process (I try to look at it as paying tuition), and I'm trying my best to be patient and to maintain a long-term perspective. The last five weeks have been particularly difficult though. I've literally had one green day. To say the least, it was quite demoralizing when I finally convinced myself to go back to the sim.

I've been in other chatrooms and never really felt a sense of community or genuine mentorship. I guess that's what drew me here. Anyway, hope I didn't discourage anyone. I'm sticking with it and am looking forward to connecting with some of you guys here at BBT.

Hey everybody, I've actually been here for a year and a half, but I never really say much.  I figured I'd put an introduction in here and say hi.  I've been a member since march 2018, live since November 2018, and mostly breakeven months, other than June which was a nightmare month for me.  I'm in Seattle, so if there's ever a Seattle meetup I might be interested in that.

Hello everyone, my name is Jason and I live on the coast of Georgia.  I have been trading on and off for a bit over two years.  I started while deployed in Afghanistan when I decided it was about time to find a new line of work.  I am still in the National Guard, but have found it to be a struggle working in the civilian world.  Thus, I am completely focused on becoming a full time trader.  I have followed BBT on Youtube for a good while and decided it was time to try out the room.  Really hoping to make this work.  I've traded a good bit, but without consistency.  Essentially, I am at break even for my trading career.  Looking forward to turning the corner with some guidance from the BBT team.

Hi everyone,

I'm Yasser, a 29 year old Engineer living in Kuwait (originally from Egypt), working a normal 8 to 5 job.

I'm tired of being part of this economic slavery we're all living in, so I decided to take matters in my own hands, and put the effort & time needed to have my financial freedom.

I took the decision to start this journey on 28th of June 2019, and in these 4 months, I've read & summarized the below books.

- How to day trade for a living - Andrew Aziz

- Advanced techniques in day trading - Andrew Aziz

- Technical analysis of the financial markets - John Murphy

- Beginner's guide to day trading online - Toni Turner

- Mastering the trade - John Carter

I'm solid on theory as a beginner, but now is the time to start my simulation stage. I'm not in a rush, and ready to take my time.

Lastly, I'd like to say that I wont give up no matter what until I reach the financial freedom I deserve, and I wish you all the same.

Cheers

Edited by Yasser Elkady

On 10/17/2019 at 12:31 PM, Kharp83 said:

Hi Everyone, my name is Kyle. I've been day trading for a year now. I've been wanting to join the community for a while and am now happy that I did.

Hope this doesn't discourage anyone who is just starting out. I've had a pretty rough time as a trader so far. Lots of inconsistency and losses over the past year. I guess you could say the only thing I am consistent at is losing. I know it's all a part of the learning process (I try to look at it as paying tuition), and I'm trying my best to be patient and to maintain a long-term perspective. The last five weeks have been particularly difficult though. I've literally had one green day. To say the least, it was quite demoralizing when I finally convinced myself to go back to the sim.

I've been in other chatrooms and never really felt a sense of community or genuine mentorship. I guess that's what drew me here. Anyway, hope I didn't discourage anyone. I'm sticking with it and am looking forward to connecting with some of you guys here at BBT.

Hi Kyle! Welcome to the community! Day trading especially at starting is really tough, hopefully being in a community going to help you as it already helped me! If you have any suggestions for us as a community let us know, and if you've any questions don't hesitate to ask!

• Thanks 1

On 10/17/2019 at 7:57 PM, Thomas said:

Hey everybody, I've actually been here for a year and a half, but I never really say much.  I figured I'd put an introduction in here and say hi.  I've been a member since march 2018, live since November 2018, and mostly breakeven months, other than June which was a nightmare month for me.  I'm in Seattle, so if there's ever a Seattle meetup I might be interested in that.

Hi Thomas! Break even stage is actually really good, you're one step away from consistency! Regarding meetings, you can always arrange one and see if there are members from seattle who are willing to join!

On 10/18/2019 at 8:58 PM, Jason Hoskins said:

Hello everyone, my name is Jason and I live on the coast of Georgia.  I have been trading on and off for a bit over two years.  I started while deployed in Afghanistan when I decided it was about time to find a new line of work.  I am still in the National Guard, but have found it to be a struggle working in the civilian world.  Thus, I am completely focused on becoming a full time trader.  I have followed BBT on Youtube for a good while and decided it was time to try out the room.  Really hoping to make this work.  I've traded a good bit, but without consistency.  Essentially, I am at break even for my trading career.  Looking forward to turning the corner with some guidance from the BBT team.

Hello Jason! Welcome to the community! I really wish you best of success, continue the hard work and hopefully it'll pay off eventually

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Yasser Elkady said:

Hi everyone,

I'm Yasser, a 29 year old Engineer living in Kuwait (originally from Egypt), working a normal 8 to 5 job.

I'm tired of being part of this economic slavery we're all living in, so I decided to take matters in my own hands, and put the effort & time needed to have my financial freedom.

I took the decision to start this journey on 28th of June 2019, and in these 4 months, I've read & summarized the below books.

- How to day trade for a living - Andrew Aziz

- Advanced techniques in day trading - Andrew Aziz

- Technical analysis of the financial markets - John Murphy

- Beginner's guide to day trading online - Toni Turner

- Mastering the trade - John Carter

I'm solid on theory as a beginner, but now is the time to start my simulation stage. I'm not in a rush, and ready to take my time.

Lastly, I'd like to say that I wont give up no matter what until I reach the financial freedom I deserve, and I wish you all the same.

Cheers

Hello Yasser! Welcome to BBT family,  make sure to take your time in simulator, don't rush going live:D I believe you'll be able to make it!

• Like 1

Hello everyone,I am Ichizo . 48years old.

I trade from the birthplace of futures trading.
I work as a full-time mechanic during the day.Has over 10 years of trading experience in American stocks.

I am a parallel worker.

Aiming for further improvement. With you.

Thank you.

Edited by Icizo Sasaki

Hi everyone, I'm Jan (pronounced Yan) but JC will do.  I am British but living in Norway for the last 14 years.  I'm an economist working for an oil company, dreaming of escape. 

The idea of day trading hit me when having a beer with a mate of mine who was developing trading algorithms.  It was annoying - here was a geologist doing stuff that maybe an economist should be doing.  Anyway, I started to research and found Andrew's books and got hooked.  I joined BBT recently (August 2019).  I am in the long term planning and sim phase before considering going live.   

I have to say that the community is excellent.  The more you dig the more useful information you discover.  At first the classes and then the additional resources, then getting to know the moderators and their individual trading styles, this has all been really helpful.  However,  dig a little deeper and you find the forums are a gold mine.  Members like Kyle with his hotkey scripts, Robert H supporting so many members and showing such empathy, Mike B and many others with the journals and Igor and Adrian with Chartlog, the list goes on and on.  People are so incredibly generous with their time and ideas.  It really is fantastic.  Great community, great people.

• Like 1

On 11/3/2019 at 11:46 AM, Icizo Sasaki said:

Hello everyone,I am Ichizo . 48years old.

I trade from the birthplace of futures trading.
I work as a full-time mechanic during the day.Has over 10 years of trading experience in American stocks.

I am a parallel worker.

Aiming for further improvement. With you.

Thank you.

Hello Ichizo! Welcome to the community! We’re really happy to have you around with us, and having your 10 years of experience of trading is really valuable! I do hope you learn lots of new stuff here from us as we would do from your past experience in the markets! 

• Thanks 1

On 11/3/2019 at 10:54 PM, JC said:

Hi everyone, I'm Jan (pronounced Yan) but JC will do.  I am British but living in Norway for the last 14 years.  I'm an economist working for an oil company, dreaming of escape. 

The idea of day trading hit me when having a beer with a mate of mine who was developing trading algorithms.  It was annoying - here was a geologist doing stuff that maybe an economist should be doing.  Anyway, I started to research and found Andrew's books and got hooked.  I joined BBT recently (August 2019).  I am in the long term planning and sim phase before considering going live.   

I have to say that the community is excellent.  The more you dig the more useful information you discover.  At first the classes and then the additional resources, then getting to know the moderators and their individual trading styles, this has all been really helpful.  However,  dig a little deeper and you find the forums are a gold mine.  Members like Kyle with his hotkey scripts, Robert H supporting so many members and showing such empathy, Mike B and many others with the journals and Igor and Adrian with Chartlog, the list goes on and on.  People are so incredibly generous with their time and ideas.  It really is fantastic.  Great community, great people.

Hello Jan! Thank you for sharing your story with us! It’s Nice to know how you got into trading, and one day when you’re a successful trader you’ll remember how drinking beer with your friend got you into changing your future! 

The community for real is amazing, I remember my first days here, and even these days I keep learning more and more of new stuff! Glad to have your around with us.