Lee W

Introduce Yourself!

On 8/25/2019 at 4:20 PM, luke said:

Hey BBT,

I'm Lukas, 25, living in Germany! I study computer science and I'm interested in the markets since I was a kid. Never got the into it until I wrote a paper about cryptocurrencies, a product that I understood (other than stocks and such). I owned quite a lot of cryptocurrencies and enjoyed the bubble. This was back in 2017; it was 2018 when I exited break even. Markets can be brutal.. However, I learned quite a lot during my ride and I began to dig deeper into various books about the markets. I tried swing and day trading in the stock and forex markets on my own with real- and paper-money but I'm sure I will be hit with a big loss if I continue what I am doing. 

Needless to say that I own Andrews books and I'm watching the community for a while now. just signed up for a 3 month simulation phase.  Subjectively speaking, I think I am the right type of person who can day trade. This will be tested in the next three month. 

Hi Lukas! Welcome to our community!

Thank you for sharing your story, it's good that you could make it out at break even! It's always smart to start trading in simulator, you don't have to blow up multiple accounts during your learning curve journey, just practice everything in sim, and once you're ready, switch to live and follow the rules you made for yourself while trading sim! 

I really hope this community will be a huge help for you getting a step ahead at your trading!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, hanihamdan said:

My name is Hani, living in Dubai UAE. I work in Supply Chain for 14 years. I love what i do, although I would love to have extra income. Maybe one day i can fully pivot into a full-time trader. I am glad to know that there is a course that tells trading like it is; a career that requires discipline and consistent followup. I started trading in 2017 after signing up for a 2-day course, followed by another one in the same year. The courses were good, but I wanted a course whereby i could learn to day-trade (Main point is I want to sleep with zero open trades), plus a consistent income would be nice.

I may find a challenge with trading because of the timings (US Markets open at 17:30 my time), however there is at least 30 min commute back home, and i usually finish my work at around 18:00. But, I do hope that i can use a mobile app to put in my trades. Lets see! 

Looking forward to be part of this community!

Hello Hani! Welcome to our community! I do believe our community will be of a huge help to you and your trading! If you have any questions feel free to ask me, the other moderators or any of the members we've in the chatroom! You won't believe how kind and helpful everyone is here. I also wanted to let you know that you shouldn't stress yourself about the timing. Yes the morning session is volatile and it has the most volume during the day, but there are many traders who trade the afternoons, or trade 30 mins- 1 hour after the market open and they're profitable! You never know what your favorite time for trading might be!

Hey BBT Nation!

My name is Blake, and I'm from southern Alberta, Canada.

I am a small business owner and have always been thinking of something more engaging to do with both my time and capital.

I started slowly learning about investing and then came across day trading. I have been reading books, watching YouTube videos, podcasts, etc., and just familiarizing myself with trading. I've also done some spelunking around other communities until I found Bear Bull Traders in March of this year. I have been watching the Pre-Market show religiously since then (shout out to @Norm  and @Carlos M. for making it as informative as it is entertaining haha) While also just devouring all the great content on the BBT YouTube channel by everyone. Really great stuff! At the same time, reading both of Andrew's books. I love all the moderators here (I don't want to leave anyone out, you guys all rock seriously!) Everyone part of the community seems really friendly and supportive. Good vibes here.

So as of September 1st, 2019, very happy to be a member of the BBT Community! Looking forward to continuing this enjoyable journey with you all! 

Kudos.

Edited by Blake Harder
  • Like 3

On 9/3/2019 at 6:25 AM, Blake Harder said:

Hey BBT Nation!

My name is Blake, and I'm from southern Alberta, Canada.

I am a small business owner and have always been thinking of something more engaging to do with both my time and capital.

I started slowly learning about investing and then came across day trading. I have been reading books, watching YouTube videos, podcasts, etc., and just familiarizing myself with trading. I've also done some spelunking around other communities until I found Bear Bull Traders in March of this year. I have been watching the Pre-Market show religiously since then (shout out to @Norm  and @Carlos M. for making it as informative as it is entertaining haha) While also just devouring all the great content on the BBT YouTube channel by everyone. Really great stuff! At the same time, reading both of Andrew's books. I love all the moderators here (I don't want to leave anyone out, you guys all rock seriously!) Everyone part of the community seems really friendly and supportive. Good vibes here.

So as of September 1st, 2019, very happy to be a member of the BBT Community! Looking forward to continuing this enjoyable journey with you all! 

Kudos.

Hello Blake! Welcome to our community and thank you for sharing your story with us!

Would it be a lot if we ask you to write your honest review and opinion about the books you read?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1535585951/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_bibl_vppi_i0

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1721151265/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_bibl_vppi_i1

I'm really glad to know that you're feeling happy amongst our BBT family!

If you've any questions, you can always e-mail us, open a thread, or ask it in the chatroom. We'll be happy to help you as much as we can!

• Like 1

Thanks @WilliamH! You the man! 🙂

Really happy to be here.

Already reviewed both books on the audible website as there aren't as many reviews there and I love audio books. I really hope it encourages someone else to listen!

On 9/9/2019 at 3:20 AM, Blake Harder said:

Thanks @WilliamH! You the man! 🙂

Really happy to be here.

Already reviewed both books on the audible website as there aren't as many reviews there and I love audio books. I really hope it encourages someone else to listen!

Thank you Blake! It definitely will!

• Like 1

Hi all,

My name is Zack, I've been a member of BBT (since June of 2018 - a little over a year) and have been slowly trying to integrate myself more and more into the community. As I'm going to the NYC meetup today, figured this is as good of a time as any to post here!

I'm 32 and live in San Francisco. I studying music & business in college (B.S. in Music Industry from USC) and worked in the industry for several years. Eventually got fed up with the egos and lack of innovation and switched into tech. Worked in sales and consulting there for a while (first for startups, then for major brands, then for myself) and discovered, well, I don't enjoy being at the whim of clients and it's not how I want to live my life. I had been investing in stocks from a longer term perspective and got really interested in the markets. Eventually I found Andrew's book on Amazon, and it legitimately changed my life forever! 

I traded live at first, and made some money, then lost a lot of money. I wasn't ready. I switched into SIM for about 3 months, then went back live. I've grown my size and now been trading for a living for over 6 months. I've posted a few video recaps to the BBT channel sporadically but would like to get more involved.

I'm basically on the BBT chat every day, watching the pre-market show and trading the open (provided I can get up on time), and often into mid-day.

I've been reading everything I can - without trying to overload my brain - and a turning point for me was learning about trading psychology and understanding that a calm mind and patience leads to consistent green days.

I am actively looking for more ways to get involved with retail traders (for one, to learn more, and two, because trading from home can be isolating at times -- I was surprised to find I do miss the office environment after enough time!).

Also in reading through these posts, I realized I never have taken time to join the lifetime member sessions and I am looking forward to doing more of that!

Thanks all and I look forward to meeting more of you!

- Zack

Edited by Zack
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Zack said:

Hi all,

My name is Zack, I've been a member of BBT (since June of 2018 - a little over a year) and have been slowly trying to integrate myself more and more into the community. As I'm going to the NYC meetup today, figured this is as good of a time as any to post here!

I'm 32 and live in San Francisco. I studying music & business in college (B.S. in Music Industry from USC) and worked in the industry for several years. Eventually got fed up with the egos and lack of innovation and switched into tech. Worked in sales and consulting there for a while (first for startups, then for major brands, then for myself) and discovered, well, I don't enjoy being at the whim of clients and it's not how I want to live my life. I had been investing in stocks from a longer term perspective and got really interested in the markets. Eventually I found Andrew's book on Amazon, and it legitimately changed my life forever! 

I traded live at first, and made some money, then lost a lot of money. I wasn't ready. I switched into SIM for about 3 months, then went back live. I've grown my size and now been trading for a living for over 6 months. I've posted a few video recaps to the BBT channel sporadically but would like to get more involved.

I'm basically on the BBT chat every day, watching the pre-market show and trading the open (provided I can get up on time), and often into mid-day.

I've been reading everything I can - without trying to overload my brain - and a turning point for me was learning about trading psychology and understanding that a calm mind and patience leads to consistent green days.

I am actively looking for more ways to get involved with retail traders (for one, to learn more, and two, because trading from home can be isolating at times -- I was surprised to find I do miss the office environment after enough time!).

Also in reading through these posts, I realized I never have taken time to join the lifetime member sessions and I am looking forward to doing more of that!

- Zack

What’s up Zack!

Welcome man! It’s nice to know others feel the same way. If we subsist on our own it’s a nice feeling but it gets lonely at times for sure. Glad to hear you are hitting up the NYC meet up! I wish I could go! Flights from western canada are fairly expensive right now. Looking forward to seeing all the pictures and hearing about it! 🙂

Ive been wanting to connect with a few newer traders as well. Feel free to hit me up anytime. 

Cheers!

Hello, I'm Matt Bernstein.  I've been working as a U.S. Immigration Attorney for over 20 years and am looking to transition out of the practice of law.  The only experience I have with equities is with long term investing, so day trading is a new and exciting challenge for me.  I have clients involved in equities trading and learning about their trading philosophy and methodology has made me fascinated with price movement and mass (and individual) psychology.    I'm also very interested at this stage in my life in being in a career that is not quite as all consuming in terms of my time (and sleep) as the legal profession.    While I understand that trading has it's own stressors, I do believe that my fast paced, detailed oriented job and  dealing with life and death issues for my clients has helped to prepare me for that.   I have my own practice, that allows me some flexibility.   I'm committing three hours every morning (except for the occasional work conflict) for the next three months to six months to learning and paper trading using the the DAS simulator to see how things go.  My goal is to be making live trades with smaller positions within six months, and to slowly "scale out of my position" with my law practice over a three year period if I'm making a regular profit.   At this point, I've finally gotten my DAS set up (more or less) and hope to start making some paper trades this week.  Wish me luck!

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Matthew Bernstein said:

Hello, I'm Matt Bernstein.  I've been working as a U.S. Immigration Attorney for over 20 years and am looking to transition out of the practice of law.  The only experience I have with equities is with long term investing, so day trading is a new and exciting challenge for me.  I have clients involved in equities trading and learning about their trading philosophy and methodology has made me fascinated with price movement and mass (and individual) psychology.    I'm also very interested at this stage in my life in being in a career that is not quite as all consuming in terms of my time (and sleep) as the legal profession.    While I understand that trading has it's own stressors, I do believe that my fast paced, detailed oriented job and  dealing with life and death issues for my clients has helped to prepare me for that.   I have my own practice, that allows me some flexibility.   I'm committing three hours every morning (except for the occasional work conflict) for the next three months to six months to learning and paper trading using the the DAS simulator to see how things go.  My goal is to be making live trades with smaller positions within six months, and to slowly "scale out of my position" with my law practice over a three year period if I'm making a regular profit.   At this point, I've finally gotten my DAS set up (more or less) and hope to start making some paper trades this week.  Wish me luck!

Welcome to the community. You're doing it the right way by starting in SIM!  Dont hesitate to reach out if you have any questions. See you in the chat!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Matthew Bernstein said:

I'm also very interested at this stage in my life in being in a career that is not quite as all consuming in terms of my time (and sleep) as the legal profession.    While I understand that trading has it's own stressors, I do believe that my fast paced, detailed oriented job and  dealing with life and death issues for my clients has helped to prepare me for that. 

This.  I get it.  It's Sunday night, and I've not been working all weekend.  Not in legal, but slowly transitioning out of web development and instruction.  You will be amazed at how much time you have back in your life.  Welcome!!

--nono/nonoruns

On 9/21/2019 at 8:08 PM, Zack said:

Hi all,

- Zack

Hi Zack!

Thank you for this introduction! It's really great having you around us. I hope you liked the NYC meetup!

On 9/23/2019 at 12:15 AM, Matthew Bernstein said:

Hello Matt!

Welcome to our community! It's always good to read that members have made a plan for their journey. We'll try to help you here as much as we can to make your journey easier! If you've any questions, don't be shy to ask me, our moderators, or any of our members here! Everyone here is always happy to help!

Hi -- I just joined BBT, read the Day Trading and Swing Trading Books, watched the premarket shows. Bought a PC and will start sim trading shortly. I'm a burned out lawyer and I am so appreciative of the community, the information, the live trading chatroom, etc. Thanks so much! 

On 9/26/2019 at 7:15 PM, richardkoman said:

Hi -- I just joined BBT, read the Day Trading and Swing Trading Books, watched the premarket shows. Bought a PC and will start sim trading shortly. I'm a burned out lawyer and I am so appreciative of the community, the information, the live trading chatroom, etc. Thanks so much! 

Welcome to BearBullTraders Richard and we are thrilled to have you part of the team. All of us moderators and many of the members are extremely active in the chat everyday, so do not hesitate to reach out to anyone to try and answer any questions you may have!