Greg K

Alaska Meetup - everyone is invited

Robert H

Message added by Robert H

Hello everyone!  Yung K and I would like to invite any BBT members and their families to a meetup in Alaska.  We hope to swap trading stories, make new friends, and do some skiing.  Meetup date is Saturday, January 12th, 2019.  We will meet a the Alyeska Resort in Girdwood, AK for food, fun, talking shop, and skiing the awesome slopes of Alyeska.  Even if you don't live in AK, this is a great excuse to make a trip and meet new friends. Hope to see you here.  Here's a link to the resort . . . https://www.alyeskaresort.com/

On 12/11/2018 at 7:23 PM, kielyy said:

Looking forward to meeting all that can make it! @Carlos M. @Daniel Thomas hope you guys at least think about it. 

Image result for alyeska skiing

If you guys are talking slopes like the one in the picture, there's no way!  Lol...  I haven't been on skis since 1997....and even then -- it was only once! The imagery is amazing though.  Imma' try to talk the wife into it, though she's a Jamaican -- who loves beaches and sunshine -- so I have my work cut out for me!  Lol... I know for certain that I would enjoy the trip...  I've always wanted to visit Alaska!

Edited by Daniel Thomas
  • Like 1

@Daniel Thomas - I only ski about once or twice a year but have found it's like riding a bike.  At 54 years old I don't push it on the slopes.  That would not be me in the photo.  Alyeska Ski Resort has lots of different terrain for every skill level.  The resort hotel is gorgeous and has indoor pool, exercise, and spa facilities, as well as places to relax by a big fire and enjoy the mountain scenery outside.  January is a magical time to visit Alaska.  Hope you and your wife can make it. 

https://www.alyeskaresort.com/hotel

• Like 2

@Daniel Thomas - I need to get a head count for the Alaska meetup so BBT can forward the right number of t-shirts, etc.  Are you and your wife going to be able to make it?

Thanks,

Greg