Hmm, just out of curiosity, are you going to reup your subscription when that time rolls around? I've been looking for some sort of update or info on tradingsim, but nothing. This is probably the most active conversation about the platform currently, lol.

Doesn't happen until May, but even if it were tomorrow then absolutely, out of necessity.  I live in Germany and I have to concentrate on my day job at the moment.  The market opens at 3.30pm local time, and I only trade the first 2 hours, so no chance for me to trade live right now.  The time will come again when I will be trading live, but not right now.  For the time being tradingsim is the only way for me to keep my trading practice up and engaged in the market.

I just got a response from them regarding the VWAP pre-market bug.

"Thanks for following up with us again.  I apologize that we didn’t have a resolution for you.  We are in the middle of replacing our chart engine with a new one.  I will keep an eye out for this as we wrap up the transition in the next few weeks."

I'll definitely follow up on this and provide updates here if/when it gets fixed.

• Like 1

FWIW, been using Tradingsim since Nov '18.  During the month of Nov and early December I experienced data flow/server issues more often than I care to remember.  That said they were responsive to multiple feedback I provided even in very off hours of the day/week.  I can't remember exactly when, feels like later December early January they had a meaningful update that has all but fixed the issues I had earlier.  Pre-market is now available which has been an excellent improvement.

All that said, would I recommend? Definitely. 

For me based on my saving for PDT equity (timeline) it made much more sense to pay the $300 for 12 mos to sim trade there and be more strategic with spending money on BBT membership, DAS sim, Windows laptop, External screens etc.  As far as the user experience for actual sim trading, Ross and Robert covered everything well.  BTW, works well on Macs so long as you're using FF browser.

Hope this helps!

The tradingsim guys got back to me and sent a beta version of the next release.  I can confirm they fixed the VWAP in the pre-market bug. 🙂 

The new version has a somewhat different look and feel to the charting functionality.  Nevertheless it works pretty much just as it did before.  There were also a couple of other minor annoyances I had that also seem to be fixed.

On 2/20/2019 at 4:43 PM, Ross K said:

The tradingsim guys got back to me and sent a beta version of the next release.  I can confirm they fixed the VWAP in the pre-market bug. 🙂 

The new version has a somewhat different look and feel to the charting functionality.  Nevertheless it works pretty much just as it did before.  There were also a couple of other minor annoyances I had that also seem to be fixed.

SNAP! The VWAP bug was a big one for me. I might go ahead and pull the trigger on it again today. I will sign up for the trial and see how it goes! Thank you for the update. ❤️

Okay, just set up a new trial account. I'm not liking this new charting compared to trading view. Having a hard time with the scaling. Seems that the older charting had more features as I swap back between the two. Hmm

EDIT!

I just figured out how to set the scale of the charts. On the old chart engine, you could right click the y-axis and change a bunch of settings. (to simulate it close to das) It makes it so you don't have several candles taking up the trading window. On the new chart engine, you have to left click and hold on the y-axis to shrink or expand the candle sizes. Had to figure that one out.

Edited by Brandon K

I had the trial and two days before the renew I noticed it would auto-renew for a full year! Does someone know if there is a way to get it on a monthly basis? I emailed them yesterday but still haven't received any answer.

It is a great tool for a beginner I think.

On 6/12/2019 at 10:16 AM, MScott said:

I had the trial and two days before the renew I noticed it would auto-renew for a full year! Does someone know if there is a way to get it on a monthly basis? I emailed them yesterday but still haven't received any answer.

It is a great tool for a beginner I think.

yes, it is 49.00 a month and they send me this link  https://tradingsim.com/monthly-access/ , ill subscribe this weekend, i can't afford DAS, i'm using that money to save to open an account and if i paid DAS thtere would be no money for me to save. 

Edited by mrsemilla
orthographic error

Anybody know if i can set up a STREAM DECK with Tradingsim ?? i think it would be easier go in and out of trades with that device.

Thanks.

Thanks for the monthly link @mrsemilla

I checked and you can setup the Stream Deck to work with TradingSim. All you need to do is edit the Hotkeys tab in TradingSim to match your hotkey key stroke in the Steam Deck setup and it will work like it does in Das or you can create new hotkeys in the Steam Deck to match the ones they have programmed in TradingSim.

• Like 1

On 7/12/2019 at 11:02 AM, mrsemilla said:

yes, it is 49.00 a month and they send me this link  https://tradingsim.com/monthly-access/ , ill subscribe this weekend, i can't afford DAS, i'm using that money to save to open an account and if i paid DAS thtere would be no money for me to save. 

Thanks for the info, they never replied to my email.

Hey Ross,

Thanks for posting this.  I am new to BBT and am currently test-driving tradingsim after reading your post.  It has been been great for practicing and studying price action in the evenings.  Like you, I have a busy season at my day job, and I cannot devote time to trading live every day right now.  Once I get better at recognizing price action, setups and am trading green in tradingsim, I will move on to the DAS simulator.  

And wow, there really is no substitute for seeing real-time price action play out.  My first trades were so bad it was laughable.  I can't imagine jumping into day trading live with real money.  I finally had my first "good" trade last night, which was a bottom reversal  back to VWAP, squeezing the shorts after i recognized a bullish engulfing candle - woo!

Anyway, it is awesome to be able to get past some of the learning curve in the evenings on tradingsim.

The only thing that I find difficult is watching multiple stocks being while confined to one monitor and four charts.  

Lane

Edited by Lane Schoeneberg
  • Like 1

On 8/7/2019 at 7:38 PM, Lane_S said:

Hey Ross,

Thanks for posting this.  I am new to BBT and am currently test-driving tradingsim after reading your post.  It has been been great for practicing and studying price action in the evenings.  Like you, I have a busy season at my day job, and I cannot devote time to trading live every day right now.  Once I get better at recognizing price action, setups and am trading green in tradingsim, I will move on to the DAS simulator.  

And wow, there really is no substitute for seeing real-time price action play out.  My first trades were so bad it was laughable.  I can't imagine jumping into day trading live with real money.  I finally had my first "good" trade last night, which was a bottom reversal  back to VWAP, squeezing the shorts after i recognized a bullish engulfing candle - woo!

Anyway, it is awesome to be able to get past some of the learning curve in the evenings on tradingsim.

The only thing that I find difficult is watching multiple stocks being while confined to one monitor and four charts.  

Lane

Hi Lane_S, 

Thanks for sharing. Did you get better on live trading since ?

I'm looking for a replay solution as I'm working in France. I'd like to know if Tradingsim is usefull or Das replay is the one 🧐.

Hey tardi,

Tradingsim is great for studying price action, but it does have limitations as far as duplicating what you would see in DAS.  Getting nimble in the platform is important, especially if trading the open.  But Tradingsim is fairly cheap if you want to study and practice for any length of time, and once you get the mechanics and mentality of trading in your head, it can be applied to any platform.  

I've actually been playing around in the futures with the ES and NQ, so I have been on NinjaTrader.  It has it's own replay function as well.  I was just at the point of going live when the market went crazy, so I have stayed on the sidelines for the last few months just watching.   

Sorry for the late reply.   I guess I have been on the sidelines longer than I  thought.  This virus has made my regular day job very busy!