Isaac21

Brokers and PDTR for european traders

Hello there,

After 6 months running DAS simulator and conected to BBT comunity, I am looking forward to go live.

I live is Israel and I am looking for a broker without PDT 25K rule. Any suggestion?

Thank you

Isaac

On 10/7/2018 at 9:23 AM, Isaac21 said:

Hello there,

After 6 months running DAS simulator and conected to BBT comunity, I am looking forward to go live.

I live is Israel and I am looking for a broker without PDT 25K rule. Any suggestion?

Thank you

Isaac

Hey Isaac, you might want to try CMEG, i´ve ben using them and so far so good. Since they are outside of the USA they are not bound by the rule.

Hope it helps, there is a lot of info on the forums about them.

Isaac,

If IB is available in Israel you might contact them and ask about PDT rule for non-US residents. We've been hearing reports recently that they are not holding non-US residents to PDT rule, but please check for yourself.

Hey guys,

Just got off the phone with IB. I'm based in EU so not US resident, but apparently it is definitely not possible to be exempted from the PDT rule. I will be looking into other options...

Cheers,

Ronnie

5 hours ago, MrRonnie said:

Hey guys,

Just got off the phone with IB. I'm based in EU so not US resident, but apparently it is definitely not possible to be exempted from the PDT rule. I will be looking into other options...

Cheers,

Ronnie

I gave up looking for low-risk/cost-effective alternatives to circunvent the PDT rule. I didn't find any solution, so I decided to open an account with IB and put up with the dreaded PDT rule. CME was on the table, so I sent them several questions about their known shortcomings, and they basically said, "those are part of the risk of trading". Such ridiculous answer made me discart them.