Mike B

San Diego Meetup Around Trade Idea Summit

Hello Everyone,

Looking to put together a meetup in the San Diego area around the Trade Ideas Summit. Andrew has recommend Friday October 19th in the evening.

If you are interested please post here so I can get an estimate of attendees. Also any recommends for a local bar/restaurant and times is appreciated as well.

Once a got a rough number I will make the reservations and post the info here.

Mike B.

I'm in.  I live in SD and am going to the Trade Ideas Summit as well.  I usually get out of work around 5 so anytime after that is good for me.  Once we get an idea of how many people there's gonna be I'm happy to make some suggestions for places too.

Looking forward to seeing everyone in San Diego next Friday. Anyone have recommendations on the best place to meet?

About how many people is it gonna be total?  I'm happy to throw some suggestions out there.  There's tons of restaurants/bars in the Little Italy or Downtown areas that would work.  

4 hours ago, Peter D said:

Looking forward to seeing everyone in San Diego next Friday. Anyone have recommendations on the best place to meet?

Depending on the number of people coming I was thinking we can do a restaurant, Bar & Grill, or Sports Bar in the gas lamp district as it is close to the trade Ideas summit. I was planning locking on a location Monday Evening that way people have time to post that they are coming and any recommendations over the weekend. I was thinking around 6:00 or 6:30 pm for the meet up time. I think that would give everyone enough time to travel after work or from up north. Does this time work for everyone or should we push it earlier or later?

3 minutes ago, True said:

About how many people is it gonna be total?  I'm happy to throw some suggestions out there.  There's tons of restaurants/bars in the Little Italy or Downtown areas that would work.  

Right now we have 7 who have confirmed

That time frame works for me.  I was thinking something in the Gaslamp area or Little Italy since that's right near there.  I'm going to a new place in Little Italy called Nolita Hill on Sunday so I can report back how it was.  Think its a big sports bar/restaurant sort of place that might work.  I'll try and think of some other options this weekend as well and add to this thread with what I come up with.

Edited by True

Do you think we can have the meet up at 7pm? I will also be traveling from Orange County and hopefully the traffic on the 5 won't be too bad! If not I can try and leave work earlier.

I will definitely being attending the SD meetup. Looking forward to the Trade Ideas Summit the following day as well.

Suggestions: (all close to Symphony Towers)

- If you are looking for a pub/casual affair than Stout Public House is really good 

- Someplace with better food options: Curadero (upscale Mexican) or Biga (Italian)