Lee W

DAS Trader Pro - update available

@True in my case, thats because the reclangle is started when the cursor is in hand shape, you need to make it with the arrow shape or, with the reclangle frozen, find a spot of the chart with an arrow shape and click to zoom.

Guys, if you are experiencing problems with DAS Trader Pro please report to [email protected]

I am having the Hand on chart issue and also Shift mouse select an area on the chart to zoom in doesn't always work. I have not compared the VWAP between charts yet.

6 hours ago, Lee W said:

Since the global line feature was enabled, removing a line is different for me. I noted this in my video, but I found that you have to first select the line and then you can remove it. So I left click the line and it will give me those little boxes on the ends. Then I right click and remove the line. 

If you haven’t tried that, give it a shot. 

I have marked the video to start directly at the spot where I reference it. You’ll see when I left click the line, the little boxes on the ends of the line appear. That shows the line has been selected.  Then I right click and choose remove  

usually when i left click the level i just made (with no box with x at both ends of it) absolutely nothing happens... if i right click for config/remove menu... if i choose remove nothing happens... if i choose config... i can go thru the process to, lets say, change the color of the level i enetered... but nothing happens.

i also get nothing happening when i make a zone in box on a chart ... the box is there and thats it.. sometimes it works.. mostly not... very frustrating and slows down mornings

Edited by Louis B

2 hours ago, Louis B said:

usually when i left click the level i just made (with no box with x at both ends of it) absolutely nothing happens... if i right click for config/remove menu... if i choose remove nothing happens... if i choose config... i can go thru the process to, lets say, change the color of the level i enetered... but nothing happens.

i also get nothing happening when i make a zone in box on a chart ... the box is there and thats it.. sometimes it works.. mostly not... very frustrating and slows down mornings

Louis - if I make a level, then click somewhere else in the chart, the little boxes disappear. If I then left click the line, the little boxes reappear at both ends and then I can right click the line to remove it or I can drag one of the boxes to move the line higher or lower.  Does it not work like this for you?

23 hours ago, Lee W said:

Louis - if I make a level, then click somewhere else in the chart, the little boxes disappear. If I then left click the line, the little boxes reappear at both ends and then I can right click the line to remove it or I can drag one of the boxes to move the line higher or lower.  Does it not work like this for you?

Lee- sometimes clicking elsewhere on the chart works, usually i need to click a different chart of the same ticker for boxes to disappear. Then when i left click the line usually nothing happens... but again if i go to a different chart of the same ticker and left click, then the i can remove, config or move the line. 

and the hand to arrow thing for zooming in... most charts are fine for doing it on the arrow and hit 'shift' and drag to make a box to zoom in... but on the daily chart for me it will never sit on an arrow... always the hand... 

let me know if you have more questions....

On 8/10/2018 at 7:55 AM, True said:

I'm having an issue since the update where if I use the shift key to create a rectangle on a chart that it then zooms in on, the rectangle will get frozen on the chart.  If I click on it then it sometimes will then zoom in on the area, or sometimes it just gets frozen on there even if I change time-frames and I have to restart DAS.  Although other times it works fine.  Anyone else having this issue?

Mine does this too. It did it in the previous version, but it's wayyy worse now

14 hours ago, badhairdude said:

Best course of action to wait for a fix? Or how do we go about reverting to an older version?

To install an older version, you should be able to simply download the file and run it to install.  I've done this before (and reverted back to an older version).  It installed in the same directory and all of my settings remained intact.  I would do the following as a precautionary measure:

To update your software, I recommend first doing the following:

• Make sure you've saved your Desktop in DAS.
  • Next, go to Tools>Back Up Settings.  It should save a copy of your DAS settings to your PC/Laptop desktop.
  • Finally, I make a copy of the entire DASTrader Pro folder located on my PC's hard drive and paste it somewhere else. If something goes awry, you can always copy everything back over to the folder and not miss a beat.

Go here to grab whichever version you want: DASTrader Pro IBCO download page

On 8/10/2018 at 5:50 PM, Abiel said:

@Anders shared this link in the chatroom with older versions of DAS:

https://www.dastrader.com/download/DASInstallIBCO.html

Only current version and 5.2.0.21 and before are available to download. I officially downgraded to .21.

On 8/15/2018 at 7:28 PM, Abiel said:

Only current version and 5.2.0.21 and before are available to download. I officially downgraded to .21.

@Abiel, now that you're back in .21, did you check to see if you still have the global trendlines?  It sounds weird, but get this... @Louis B told me in the chat that he had global trendlines in .21.  After some conversation with him and a video he sent to show me, it was discovered that he HAD .31 and downgraded to .21 because of the bugs.  Strangely, the global trendline feature remained.  I tried it for myself, too.  I installed the older .21 into the same directory as my .31.  I opened DAS, checked the About to make sure I was now on .21, and then right clicked a chart>configure.  Sure enough, the global trendline checkboxes are still there.  I turned them on and started using the global trendlines.  They work perfectly.  Oh, and the little hand bug from .31 is gone, too.  This seems like a pretty good workaround until we get the next release (hopefully without bugs!).  Looks like when you install .21 over .31, you get some kind of mix between the two versions.  I think it is working for @Anders, too.

Check your config in the charts.  See if you've got global trendlines.

*Note: I did make a copy of my DAS directory and pasted it somewhere else in case I needed to revert back (if something got screwed up).

Edited by Lee W

Wow @Lee W it works the way you described! I first installed .21 in a different directory so I didn´t have the new feats, so I installed again in the same dir of .31 and it worked! Thx!

EDIT: the "hand" cursor is still there, but in a minor scale than before, in .31 I couldn´t find a space in chart without "hand". I will keep testing this .21.

• Like 1

I suspect that installing .21 over .31 overwrites some files, but not others. This leads to the program incorrectly reporting the version number. In the DAS Trader Pro folder, right-click DasTrader.exe > Properties > Details. The true executable version should be displayed:

image.png.135cf4525070b59160c9a4aa3aeb4bdc.png

As with any software, the cleanest approach is to uninstall, restart, then install. This method ensures that all files and registry entries are removed and reduces the risk of corruption.

5 hours ago, Robert H said:

I suspect that installing .21 over .31 overwrites some files, but not others. This leads to the program incorrectly reporting the version number. In the DAS Trader Pro folder, right-click DasTrader.exe > Properties > Details. The true executable version should be displayed:

As with any software, the cleanest approach is to uninstall, restart, then install. This method ensures that all files and registry entries are removed and reduces the risk of corruption.

It isn’t incorrectly displaying the version number. I installed .21 over .31. It now shows .21, as it should.  The exe file is also .21. It just has the global trendline feature remaining from original  .31 installation/update. 

I agree that the cleanest way to install is to do is fresh. I don’t think most people will do this since they’d likely just click the auto-upgrade feature in DAS or download the file and click install. Besides, you shouldn’t have to do a fresh install. It should just work properly upon updating. We all know that’s not always the case, though. Nevertheless, I mentioned this specifically as a workaround until the next version is released, hopefully without these bugs.

If someone does a fresh install, they need to remember to save their .dsk file and copy it into the directory after installation. Oh, and the hotkey file, chart setting file (if desired) and whatever else should be kept.  Maybe even backup the settings so those can be restored upon a fresh installation, too. 

Edited by Lee W