Lee W

DAS Trader Pro - update available

2 hours ago, badhairdude said:

Just got a Download link to the new Beta version for CMEG. 

Not at home so I can't test it, will let you all know. 

Same here, but I’m not with CMEG. DAS emailed me the link to download beta .32. I’ll probably install it tonight and give it a go tomorrow. 

Edited by Lee W
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Lee W said:

Same here, but I’m not with CMEG. DAS emailed me the link to download beta .32. I’ll probably install it tonight and give it a go tomorrow. 

Make that beta version .33 instead of .32.  There was an issue with .32 so they sent me a new one.  More to come...

For those with the hand cursor issue on .31, I had that pop up on me today. Not sure if it was related to your issues, but I fixed it by going to:

Chart Window > Right-Click > Toolbar ---> Toggle the Mouse Pointer icon off/on and then the Crosshair icon off/on.

It went away for me after that.

---------------------------------------------------------
Profile / Project Pages (Dynamic Hotkeys, StreamDeck Files, and other contributions are located here)

2 hours ago, KyleK29 said:

For those with the hand cursor issue on .31, I had that pop up on me today. Not sure if it was related to your issues, but I fixed it by going to:

Chart Window > Right-Click > Toolbar ---> Toggle the Mouse Pointer icon off/on and then the Crosshair icon off/on.

It went away for me after that.

I wouldn’t be surprised if it returns. It’s a know bug (known by DAS) and that’s why they’ve already released the beta .33 with the fix. 

Some of us reinstalled the software and it went away...for a while. Perhaps your experience with what you’ve done will work permanently, but it’s doubtful. 

On 9/7/2018 at 8:15 AM, Lee W said:

Make that beta version .33 instead of .32.  There was an issue with .32 so they sent me a new one.  More to come...

I spent Friday using only the new beta .33. So far, no issues.  Below are the changes in this version per information given to me from DAS.  One of them is premarket high/low pricemarkers.  I’m so glad we have this now.

We added option to adjust font size of customized hotkey buttons on Montage (right click a hotkey, then select Edit). We also fixed several issues of trend lines in log scale. The following hotkeys are added, FocusWindow (under Window Configuration category), for chart window, IncreaseTopBottomMargin, DecreaseTopBottomMargin and ResetTopBottomMargin. There are several new price lines added in PriceMarker chart study. Options Chain and News window can automatically save column widths when closed.

7 minutes ago, Lee W said:

One of them is premarket high/low pricemarkers.  I’m so glad we have this now.

This is a great addition. Looking forward to it!

Been using the new .33 all this week. So far, no issues with the hand. I do still have the jumping global lines, but I'm not sure if that was addressed in this release.

I'm awaiting the next BETA as it apparently has a new hotkey I want (Rectangle), not sure when it'll release.

One thing I've noticed with this software is it's kinda hard to know if something is a BUG or just an implementation issue (incomplete). I've found a lot of stuff in the different studies that seems to be off, but a lot of it seems like they just never finished putting it in. I've been slowly trickling the bug reports in.

Profile / Project Pages (Dynamic Hotkeys, StreamDeck Files, and other contributions are located here)

On 9/24/2018 at 8:16 AM, Lee W said:

Thanks!!

Also a good idea to go to Tools>Back Up Settings.  It will place a file on your PC desktop.  If you need to restore all of the settings, this makes it simple.

What I also do (besides that) is to right click the DAS folder  (with it closed) --> Send to ZIP. That way you have a very quick way to restore if the new version doesn't work correctly. From what I can tell, DAS doesn't use the registry or any temp folders on the OS, so it's all self contained to that directory.

On 9/28/2018 at 12:24 PM, KyleK29 said:

What I also do (besides that) is to right click the DAS folder  (with it closed) --> Send to ZIP. That way you have a very quick way to restore if the new version doesn't work correctly. From what I can tell, DAS doesn't use the registry or any temp folders on the OS, so it's all self contained to that directory.

Agreed.  I actually mentioned a step similar to this a couple of pages back. I just have a copy of the entire DAS folder stored in a second location. It’s effectively the same as the zip file. I’ve had to use it once before, so having the full backup (either zip or otherwise) is a great idea. Thanks for reminding everyone.