Lee W

DAS Trader Pro - update available

In case anyone didn’t realize, DAS released an update to their software. Here are the release notes.

DAS Trader Pro Release Notes

The latest version is “2018-01-09: 5.2.0.14 Release Notes“ and appears to have some nice updates.

Oh, one of the new features of the latest release is the ability to record the screen for playback. I’ve seen people in the chat talk about this, so it may be worth checking out. The release notes simply state this:

-Added screen recording/playing feature (Tools->Screen Recorder)

Might be handy as a learning tool to go back and watch your trades! This could also be great if Andrew wanted to incorporate some screen recordings into his classses. I’m not sure what’s kind of extra work or time is involved; just wanted to leave it out there as a thought.

An update is available.  This one includes the awesome Global Trendline feature.  If you're not familiar with the feature, watch the video below.

The release notes show the following changes to DASTrader Pro.  You can click this link or read them below: DAS Trader Pro Release Notes

2018-08-01: 5.2.0.31 Release Notes

•     Bug fix - today's day candle doesn't show before market open.
  •     Bug fix - last price line doesn't show in log scale.
  •     Added hotkey to increase/decrease vertical margin.
  •     Added trend lines sync feature so that trend lines drawn on one chart window can be drawn on all other chart windows with same symbol.
  •     Trigger orders now support options.
  •     Added save/load column width to Trade Log window.
  •     Bug fix - switchTwnd hotkey stops working after switching over all pop out montage windows.
  •     Added SELLCOVER hotkey to cover positions only.
  •     Added image to menu items.
  •     Bug fix - Positions window can't save column width.
  •     Fixed H/L indicator premarket problem.
  •     Added option to "Merge same time and exchange" for time sale window.
  •     Market viewer: improved real time sorting performance.
  •     Bug fix - when 2 options windows show the same underlying symbol, the 2nd options window can not display all expiration date tabs.
  •     Added configuration to not sync time.
  •     Added configuration to merge trades in time and sale window.
  •     Bug fix: script trigger order wasn't sent if CXL ALL script is in the front and there are open orders to cancel.
  •     Bug fix: for Options Chain window, converted expire date to market time (used to be local time).
  •     Added new clicking area on window border, when clicked will show/hide title bar. Its color can be configured in Setup->Other configuration.
  •     Added window border color configuration in Setup->Other Configuration.
  •     Added LinkTo hotkey that can be used to start dragging and dropping Montage window's anchor.
  •     Fixed Imbalance window and Montage imbalance ticker refresh problems.
  •     Changed Imbalance window title.

To update your software, I recommend first doing the following:

• Make sure you've saved your Desktop in DAS.
  • Next, go to Tools>Back Up Settings.  It should save a copy of your DAS settings to your PC/Laptop desktop.
  • Finally, I make a copy of the entire DASTrader Pro folder located on my PC's hard drive and paste it somewhere else. If something goes awry, you can always copy everything back over to the folder and not miss a beat.

To update, go to Tools>Auto Upgrade.  It will prompt you and complete the update to version 5.2.0.31.

Good luck!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

Lee, thank you for taking the time to get this done. Your conference calls and work with DAS has saved time for all of us. What was one of the most monotonous tasks of the day, creating-saving-loading lines, has become so much easier. I know this is saving me at least 5-10 minutes a morning, every morning. Thanks again for spearheading this and making sure that it was done correctly!

1 hour ago, Norm said:

Lee, thank you for taking the time to get this done. Your conference calls and work with DAS has saved time for all of us. What was one of the most monotonous tasks of the day, creating-saving-loading lines, has become so much easier. I know this is saving me at least 5-10 minutes a morning, every morning. Thanks again for spearheading this and making sure that it was done correctly!

Thanks, Norm!  It was my pleasure to help get this completed.  I'm glad they listened and worked with me.

Well done. Great update...using the Sync Trendlines, savable Log column size, and Window Border toggle already and loving it.  

Since the latest update I´m getting a hand cursor in DAS charts, there is nothing in the chart where the hand appears. If double click it opens line config. If I want to zoom when hand active, zoom doesn´t work, just draws the rectangle. I have the option "double click to trade" active and it doesnt work with hand active. In some cases, there are so many places with hands and it is so difficult to get a spot to get the arrow cursor and right click for menus like config. Also is difficult to get confing lines.

DAS Support answer: dev says this has been fixed for the next version.  If we release a beta version before the next full release, I will let you know.

2 hours ago, Abiel said:

Since the latest update I´m getting a hand cursor in DAS charts, there is nothing in the chart where the hand appears. If double click it opens line config. If I want to zoom when hand active, zoom doesn´t work, just draws the rectangle. I have the option "double click to trade" active and it doesnt work with hand active. In some cases, there are so many places with hands and it is so difficult to get a spot to get the arrow cursor and right click for menus like config. Also is difficult to get confing lines.

DAS Support answer: dev says this has been fixed for the next version.  If we release a beta version before the next full release, I will let you know.

Mine is a little buggy too. I don't have your issues, but my trend lines jump around sometimes, and I can't remove a line with global setting enabled.

I had an issue with a huge difference between the VWAP lines on the 1- and 5-min charts for a trade I did yesterday (9-Aug-18) on SQ. Completely screwed me over since I thought from looking at the 1-min chart that the price action was close to the VWAP, but when I looked more closely afterwards at the 5-min chart, the price action was actually somewhat about the VWAP! See example of VWAP difference at 9:35am in the below screen capture:

SQ_9-Aug-2018.thumb.png.1000ebff7da6cecb45ffb39701b42cb1.png

Usually I do not see this great a difference between the VWAP lines on the 1- and 5-min charts. And which VWAP line should I trust?! Perhaps it was just the big drop of the first 5-min candle after the open that scewed the 5-min VWAP? Have seen these types of candles before, but never noticed such a big difference in the VWAP lines.

Edited by GordonDK

10 hours ago, Abiel said:

Abiel, I have the same issue. I noticed it on the chart for MTCH. It’s as if there’s an invisible line drawn there but it won’t remove. I was going to send DAS a video showing it, but  glad they already know.  Thanks for posting this!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, onosendi said:

Mine is a little buggy too. I don't have your issues, but my trend lines jump around sometimes, and I can't remove a line with global setting enabled.

Since the global line feature was enabled, removing a line is different for me. I noted this in my video, but I found that you have to first select the line and then you can remove it. So I left click the line and it will give me those little boxes on the ends. Then I right click and remove the line. 

If you haven’t tried that, give it a shot. 

I have marked the video to start directly at the spot where I reference it. You’ll see when I left click the line, the little boxes on the ends of the line appear. That shows the line has been selected.  Then I right click and choose remove  

Edited by Lee W
  • Like 2

I'm having an issue since the update where if I use the shift key to create a rectangle on a chart that it then zooms in on, the rectangle will get frozen on the chart.  If I click on it then it sometimes will then zoom in on the area, or sometimes it just gets frozen on there even if I change time-frames and I have to restart DAS.  Although other times it works fine.  Anyone else having this issue?

Edited by True
  • Like 3