Mike B

Mike B. Simulator Video Recaps

Hello Everyone,

First I wanted to say what a great community we have here with BBT. I have learned so much from traders with all different levels of experience. Today marks 4 months of simulator trading and I plan to do one more full month before going live. I have decided to post daily recaps of my simulator trades as a way to help myself with accountability and ensure I trade in the simulator the way I would trade live. Hopefully, these posts may help some traders who are just beginning in the simulator. 

My plan for the last month of simulator trading is to trade 100 shares size to copy what I plan to trade during the first month of going live. I am hoping that this gives me metrics to evaluate against once I am trading live.

I welcome any feedback and comments that anyone wants to provide. 

• Like 1

Awesome dude. I took the same trade on BB - it was a steady mover and I got in at around 11.50 and got out in one move at 11.98

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the great videos! Nice job, for those trades, and still grinding every day. 
What program do you use for the record, and are you doing it, after you finish? (live) 

Great work, and have good day sir.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Mcbm said:

Thanks for the great videos! Nice job, for those trades, and still grinding every day. 
What program do you use for the record, and are you doing it, after you finish? (live) 

Great work, and have good day sir.

I use the OBS Studio and epic pen that Abiel recommended. I record usually during my lunch, as I do not have time to record the video before starting work. This way I included all the trades I did for the day. My Goal is to trade in the simulator the exact same way I am going to trade live starting next month. 

Hope this helps

Mike B.

• Thanks 1

October 2nd trade on Intel 5 Minute ORB. I fought though entering late and holding during a strong pullback that almost stopped me out. I am not doing so well following my no trading in the first 15 minutes. I might need to re-evaluate that rule this weekend.

October 3rd Recap trade on GM. 2 trades on GM; however, if I had a good entry on the first trade I would not have gotten stopped out at break even and the trade would have worked as planned.

October 5th trade on AMD. Stopped out and than identified some issues with the ping rate that affected my ability to continue trading in the day. Over all, I was happy with the week. Trading analytics were a 83% win rate, and a 2:1 ratio with regards to average win and average loss. This right were I want to be going live.

23 hours ago, Mike B said:

October 5th trade on AMD. Stopped out and than identified some issues with the ping rate that affected my ability to continue trading in the day. Over all, I was happy with the week. Trading analytics were a 83% win rate, and a 2:1 ratio with regards to average win and average loss. This right were I want to be going live.

Dunno, if it only is me? 
But in 1:09, you say in here, and your mouse don't move? 
Does it (freezer) 

Great job for the week! 

On 10/6/2018 at 7:12 AM, Mcbm said:

Dunno, if it only is me? 
But in 1:09, you say in here, and your mouse don't move? 
Does it (freezer) 

Great job for the week! 

After reviewing the video in the forum, I am not sure what happened. I will have to review the video after I post it in the future make sure it is good.

Monday, October 8. Three trades on PBR. Don't know what I was thinking on the first trade, but the two other trades worked as planned, even though I got stopped out on one. Still need to work the profit taking methodology as I am still not consist on the share sizes I am exiting with. 

No trades today October 9th. I took the late train to San Diego yesterday after Columbus day and only got 3 hours of sleep. I planned on trading, but after I tried to go short on KR several times without my orders being placed I called it quits, since I finally realized I didn't unlock my montage and kept hitting "Ctrl X" instead of "Shift X". That was the sign that I was not in the right state of mind to trade.

October 11 trade on AMD. Did not have time to make a video as I was traveling home.

Below is screen shot of the Christmas Tree of over trading I did on AMD. I have a tendency to focus on the 1 minute chart and then start chasing the moves. The big thing I took away from today though is that I finally started catching myself thinking that I know what the Market is going to do. A  big no, no as it only takes 1 trader to change what is going to happen. I have been working on this over the last couple weeks, thanks to the book "Trading in the Zone", that when I notice myself doing this I immediately start to analyze the opposite thought. I.e if I know the market is going to go up, I start looking for indicators that say the market is going to go down. 

If you look at 9:45 I took a 1/3 off and felt that I knew the stock was going to reverse since is was so extended. I immensity caught myself and started looking for indications that it still could move up on the 5 min, 15 min, and daily charts. I quickly noticed that the stock was still making higher highs and higher lows on both the 5 min and 15 min charts. I decided to stick with my trade plan and got out at my profit target of 26.

If only I could have done that process with the previous 4 trades it would look much cleaner and not like a Christmas Tree of buying and selling.

2029419049_AMDOct11.thumb.jpg.057981357062c196c13103b38e7f6773.jpg