KyleK29

DAS - Dynamically Calculate Shares on %Risk or $Risk - Hot Key + Configuration, Updated 9/10/19, v2.1

On 8/22/2019 at 10:48 AM, KyleK29 said:

2. I'd have to play with it. For REPLACE orders, you have to double click the open order in the Orders window. This is because the montage clears the Order ID (OID, it's a hidden variable attached to the montage), double-clicking it will pass in the value.

I'll experiment with some things to see if I can figure out a hotkey example for you on that.

**EDIT**

I played with some. I don't think it's possible to use the double-click function because of how they have it implemented. When you double click the Range Order (sends it to montage) and then double-click on the chart, it sets the STOP to LIMIT .. when any of the routes change, they clear out the Price function. You can't push the price to HighPrice until it's set as a StopOrder (they have a block in place). If your hotkey switches it back to a STOP RANGE, it will then clear that price variable before you can copy it in. The problem is, there's no intermediary Float variable to store the double-clicked price that survives the route change function. I really wish they'd give us some user storage read/write variables to use to clean up a lot of this stuff.

A more manual approach is like this:

1) Go long on a position.
2) Send a 1:1 Range order with hotkey.
3) Double click the range order in Montage.
4) Manually adjust the HighPrice to where you want it and hit "REPLACE" button on hotkey.

1. Thks for testing and for the work around. In #3 u mean Order window not Montage ?      Will try it.  Maybe we can ask DAS to give us the variables/work areas you mention so we can do more manipulation.  Not tht hard to add internal variables to the code. We should coordinate on edits/enhancements we want,  and write a doc/specs for DAS, I am willing to do that.  I recently gave them a list of 21 enhancements which they are working through.

2. API...u talked abt an API in your video.  If this would empower you, let us review the idea with BBT/Andrew.  BBT buys/gets the API gives to you.........members request edit/enhancements at a small charge which is split with BBT and you.  If the enhancements is great BBT sells to DAS for larger split between u and BBT. Basically its an arrangement between BBT/Kyle/DAS/community members, all mutually benefiting.  Would only work if u have time and interest.  Something to think abt.

On 8/25/2019 at 12:28 PM, Alastair Mowatt said:

1. Thks for testing and for the work around. In #3 u mean Order window not Montage ?      Will try it.  Maybe we can ask DAS to give us the variables/work areas you mention so we can do more manipulation.  Not tht hard to add internal variables to the code. We should coordinate on edits/enhancements we want,  and write a doc/specs for DAS, I am willing to do that.  I recently gave them a list of 21 enhancements which they are working through.

2. API...u talked abt an API in your video.  If this would empower you, let us review the idea with BBT/Andrew.  BBT buys/gets the API gives to you.........members request edit/enhancements at a small charge which is split with BBT and you.  If the enhancements is great BBT sells to DAS for larger split between u and BBT. Basically its an arrangement between BBT/Kyle/DAS/community members, all mutually benefiting.  Would only work if u have time and interest.  Something to think abt.

1) Yes, I meant the Order window (Open Orders).

2) It's not about monetizing with me.  I follow a pay-it-forward approach to creation and knowledge sharing, so most of what I create will be published here for the community. Some of it will be limited (e.g. the AI I'm working on wouldn't be released, but the trade signals would be available to the community). I will release the majority of things I create to the community if I can do it A) legally, and B) with as minimal of difficulty as necessary (e.g. doesn't require a complex setup or a ton of knowledge).

The API I created fails both of those parameters. I can't release it, even for free, because I used techniques to alter the program's memory while it is loaded into RAM (changing memory data or OpCodes on the fly) - this is the same way you'd hack a multiplayer/video game. This is not a legal issue when it's on my PC, where it becomes an issue is if I distribute that code. It fails the second parameter because it's a complex setup to do it. 

With that said, I would love for DAS to embrace a more open mentality to other programmers - providing the CMD API to non-professional traders at a reduced rate (or free), and / or allowing for more advanced scripting. Most trading platforms have a much higher level of scripting ability. Heck, giving us ability to do IF/ELSE, more complex math functions, and the ability to create our own data variables would be a huge step.

Edited by KyleK29
  • Thanks 1

---------------------------------------------------------
Profile / Project Pages (Dynamic Hotkeys, StreamDeck Files, and other contributions are located here)

16 hours ago, KyleK29 said:

2) It's not about monetizing with me.  I follow a pay-it-forward approach to creation and knowledge sharing, so most of what I create will be published here for the community. Some of it will be limited (e.g. the AI I'm working on wouldn't be released, but the trade signals would be available to the community). I will release the majority of things I create to the community if I can do it A) legally, and B) with as minimal of difficulty as necessary (e.g. doesn't require a complex setup or a ton of knowledge).

The API I created fails both of those parameters. I can't release it, even for free, because I used techniques to alter the program's memory while it is loaded into RAM (changing memory data or OpCodes on the fly) - this is the same way you'd hack a multiplayer/video game. This is not a legal issue when it's on my PC, where it becomes an issue is if I distribute that code. It fails the second parameter because it's a complex setup to do it. 

With that said, I would love for DAS to embrace a more open mentality to other programmers - providing the CMD API to non-professional traders at a reduced rate (or free), and / or allowing for more advanced scripting. Most trading platforms have a much higher level of scripting ability. Heck, giving us ability to do IF/ELSE, more complex math functions, and the ability to create our own data variables would be a huge step.

2) Ok I understand ur position......an opportunity exist here for all to benefit legally. I will bounce ideas off DAS and get back to you and Andrew on actual opportunity.

Did you know DAS has a new ORDER TYPE which allows true trading and dragging orders on the chart  ? Its in BETA and be tested from this link

http://www.dastrader.com/download/fixes/DEMO.5.4.5.3.exe

Its under Chart Window hotkeys.   This will allow exact profit target adjustments/dragging with RANGE orders etc. Take it for a spin, maybe u can update ur XL spread sheet when they release it officially.

AM

I still can't seem to figure out how to short a stock on SSR. I always get this error: "Short marketable limit order disabled due to SSR!"

This is in SIM, is there a known workaround?

My short hotkey: 

StopPrice=Price+0;DefShare=BP*0.95;Price=Price-Bid+0.05;SShare=37/Price;Share=DefShare-SShare;DefShare=DefShare+SShare;SShare=Share;Sshare=DefShare-SShare;Share=0.5*SShare;TogSShare;ROUTE=SMRTL;Price=Bid-0.05;TIF=DAY+;SELL=Send;DefShare=200;TriggerOrder=RT:STOP STOPTYPE:MARKET PX:StopPrice+0.05 ACT:BUY STOPPRICE:StopPrice QTY:Pos TIF:DAY+;

12 hours ago, Nigel said:

I still can't seem to figure out how to short a stock on SSR. I always get this error: "Short marketable limit order disabled due to SSR!"

This is in SIM, is there a known workaround?

My short hotkey: 

StopPrice=Price+0;DefShare=BP*0.95;Price=Price-Bid+0.05;SShare=37/Price;Share=DefShare-SShare;DefShare=DefShare+SShare;SShare=Share;Sshare=DefShare-SShare;Share=0.5*SShare;TogSShare;ROUTE=SMRTL;Price=Bid-0.05;TIF=DAY+;SELL=Send;DefShare=200;TriggerOrder=RT:STOP STOPTYPE:MARKET PX:StopPrice+0.05 ACT:BUY STOPPRICE:StopPrice QTY:Pos TIF:DAY+;

The part that says "Price=Bid-0.05;" should be "Price=Bid+0.01;". Did you generate this with the configuration tool? There's an option to select "Short SSR" on the type drop-down on the latest version. It'll do this for you. 

On 8/27/2019 at 10:57 AM, Alastair Mowatt said:

Did you know DAS has a new ORDER TYPE which allows true trading and dragging orders on the chart  ? Its in BETA and be tested from this link

Its under Chart Window hotkeys.   This will allow exact profit target adjustments/dragging with RANGE orders etc. Take it for a spin, maybe u can update ur XL spread sheet when they release it officially.

AM

Thanks for the heads up. I just played with 5.4.5.4 and it has some other improvements: BidAsk Spread in Level 1 data. Hotkeys to configure line styles. Replay functionality (if you have the data package).

The trade-from-chart functionality is interesting, but it lacks a lot of variable access, so we may not be able to use it for the initial order calculation. However, ALL orders can show up on the sidebar .. but right now, double-clicking those doesn't send them to montage. If they can get that functionality in it'll be really helpful for different scenarios (like updating position size quickly). 

Edited by KyleK29

Profile / Project Pages (Dynamic Hotkeys, StreamDeck Files, and other contributions are located here)

On 8/30/2019 at 8:52 AM, KyleK29 said:

The trade-from-chart functionality is interesting, but it lacks a lot of variable access, so we may not be able to use it for the initial order calculation. However, ALL orders can show up on the sidebar .. but right now, double-clicking those doesn't send them to montage. If they can get that functionality in it'll be really helpful for different scenarios (like updating position size quickly). 

How many variable fields do u think u or any other developer may require ?  i will ask for them if u have not....requested some edits to Line Styles hotkey.

On 8/27/2019 at 1:57 PM, Alastair Mowatt said:

2) Ok I understand ur position......an opportunity exist here for all to benefit legally. I will bounce ideas off DAS and get back to you and Andrew on actual opportunity.

AM

Tried to get it to work but would not accept my user and pass. How did you login?

I am in a DEMO account but it's the Trading Challenge. Tried both ver but no go. I'll have to wait for the non beta upgrade. Thanks

Is there any way to automatically update Stop order position size when Partial order gets filled ?

On 8/31/2019 at 11:51 AM, Alastair Mowatt said:

How many variable fields do u think u or any other developer may require ?  i will ask for them if u have not....requested some edits to Line Styles hotkey.

All of them. Just kidding. Depends if they can do dynamic typing and/or convert to the necessary datatype for a field. Probably at least 5 floats would be helpful (if they can still write to INT based variables).

1 hour ago, Konstantin M said:

Is there any way to automatically update Stop order position size when Partial order gets filled ?

Unfortunately no. I wish there was a reoccurring Trigger Order that could do it. You have to just be vigilante with updating. I did make some requests that should make hotkeying it a tad easier in the future.

On 9/1/2019 at 3:14 PM, wayneb said:

Tried to get it to work but would not accept my user and pass. How did you login?

Does your username start with TRBBT? You need to drop the TR part of it, so it's just BBT####. Otherwise it won't let you login.

Be careful with it though, I've managed to crash my PC 4 times yesterday (hard lock ups). The chart tools don't play nice at the moment.

Hello!

Can't get the hotkey to work. Keeps giving me this everytime I go for the trade:

Set default share to -258
Set default share to -285
Set default share to 400
Error:Invalid Shares

thx 😁

Update: fixed issue. Problem was my sim account was already using max BP when I tried to place trade.

Edited by Little Shark

16 hours ago, Little Shark said:

Hello!

Can't get the hotkey to work. Keeps giving me this everytime I go for the trade:

Set default share to -258
Set default share to -285
Set default share to 400
Error:Invalid Shares

thx 😁

Update: fixed issue. Problem was my sim account was already using max BP when I tried to place trade.

Can you post the hotkey command(s) that you are using? And / or did you create them using the configuration Excel sheet yourself or did someone send them to you? I find that the ones users pass around tend to fail because a lot of messaging programs strip out (sanitize) the "*" in the command which causes calculation issues.

Kyle-

Thanks for hard work on this!!!...I messaged you, but just in case this reaches you better:

Trying to sim and test a few things out with your hot keys but keep getting MASSIVE share sizes that come out to over million dollar positions (maybe one day!, but for now...uh oh)

For example a $50 risk with following settings:

Account Leverage    4
Equity    $30,000.00
Max Account %Risk    0.50%

Total Buying Power    $120,000.00
Percent Equity to Total BP    25.00%
% of Total Buying Power    97.00%
New Total Buying Power    $116,400.00

Send / Load    Load
Route    LIMIT
Order Bid/Ask Offset    $0.05
Time in Force    DAY+
Default Shares    100

Minimum Stop Buffer    0.01

Send a Stop Trigger Order?    FALSE

Script per your excel is: DefShare=BP*0.97;Price=Ask-Price+0.01;SShare=50/Price;Share=DefShare-SShare;DefShare=DefShare+SShare;SShare=Share;Sshare=DefShare-SShare;Share=0.5*SShare;TogSShare;ROUTE=LIMIT;Price= Ask+0.05;TIF=DAY+;BUY=Load;DefShare=100;

I have played around with this and cannot get it to work how I thought it would. I have tried placing the stop far away and close as well. 

Any thoughts?

Best,

Bo

Hi, have a question regarding Stop Price update hotkey. 

The below hotkey replaces the stop order from Market to Limit and I dont know whats the reason. For example I go long with automatic Market stop, but when I want to update the price with a hotkey the new order is Limit.

CXL ALLSYMB;Route=Stop;StopType=MARKET;Share=Pos;StopPrice=Price;TIF=DAY+;Price=StopPrice-0;SELL=Send;

Annotation 2019-09-09 231101.png

Annotation 2019-09-09 231031.png