KyleK29

DAS - Dynamically Calculate Shares on %Risk or $Risk - Hot Key + Configuration, Updated 9/10/19, v2.1

On 5/27/2019 at 11:03 PM, cwanxin said:

Great stuff! Thanks so much for this. Am excited to use it with my new gaming keypad that just arrived! Will the new version and video be out this week? If not I'll run with the existing one first.

Should be this week, had what Norm had last week (no voice) and finished testing the last of the changes today, so I'm ready to record it now.

I added a new set to be able to add to (scale-In) an existing position by a set $Risk amount. So if you're long with $100 risk and want to add to it on a pullback, you can setup a Hotkey of +$20 (or whatever) and it'll calculate the shares to keep your current position + new position at the new combined $120risk.

On 5/28/2019 at 11:11 AM, aimeep said:

Awesome!  I had to give up on first version because I couldn't figure it out.  I am psyched to try again with video instruction.

Yeah, it's been a very long time coming. 

This next update will likely be the last for the Excel versions, as I'm moving development to a standalone (it'll be open-source) application. It'll bring added features such as allowing users to put the Hotkey config directly into DAS (so no copy/pasting), and updating/tweaking. So as traders grow and want to update their parameters, they don't have to fiddle around ... just open the app and enter the new value, hit save.

Edited by KyleK29
  • Like 3

---------------------------------------------------------
Profile / Project Pages (Dynamic Hotkeys, StreamDeck Files, and other contributions are located here)

Kyle, the script works great for calculating share size based on fixed dollar loss, thanks.  

Anyone have a script to set a range order to stop out at that fixed loss and to partial 1/2 of the position at 2R?  Thanks

Thanks for the scripts and work you put into this Kyle.  Very much appreciated!

Man I think this will take my trading into the next level! Thanks a lot! It's too late for me to reply here lol, but I'm rarely in the forums, I need to understand it a bit more and try it in sim first! Thanks again, you need to get more likes on this post, not need, people must actually like it lol

Sorry if this was already asked before but I couldn't seem to find it. It seems when I use the Short hotkey on a SSR stock it gives an error. I believe this is because I'm using the DAS Simulator so it is not linked to IB and wont automatically switch it over to the correct order to fill? Is there a way to modify the script so it will also fill on a SSR stocks in the DAS simulator? Or even a separate hotkey with modified script specifically for SSR stocks?

This is my current Short hotkey script:

DefShare=BP*0.95;Price=Price-Bid+0.01;SShare=75/Price;Share=DefShare-SShare;DefShare=DefShare+SShare;SShare=Share;Sshare=DefShare-SShare;Share=0.5*SShare;TogSShare;ROUTE=SMRTL;Price=Bid-0.05;TIF=DAY+;SELL=Send;DefShare=100;

Cheers!

Edited by Nigel

Thanks Kyle, I just started using this today and it is awesome. I seem to have one problem though, hopefully it's an easy fix. Sometimes when I try to double click to set where my stop is, it brings up my "horizontal line configuration" instead. I've looked around but can't seem to find how to change this. It even happens if there is no horizontal line around. Thanks again.

On 6/7/2019 at 2:30 PM, buckgrad04 said:

Kyle, the script works great for calculating share size based on fixed dollar loss, thanks.  

Anyone have a script to set a range order to stop out at that fixed loss and to partial 1/2 of the position at 2R?  Thanks

This would be amazing!

I also tried to change the Trigger Order Script to the following, but somehow it does not calculate the HIGHPRICE correctly and it does not work.
I tested it with fixed values, and it worked great.

TriggerOrder=RT:STOP STOPTYPE:RANGE LOWPRICE:StopPrice HIGHPRICE:Ask*3-StopPrice-StopPrice ACT:SELL QTY:Pos TIF:DAY+;

Anybody an idea, how to fix it?

Kyle - I must be doing something wrong. I want to take 100% BP based position with 4% Risk. I copied the Hotkeys script onto DAS. I click on the chart, it populates the price onto the Montage and then I click my Hotkey (Alt+1). It throws an error ""Script:Invalid Operator"", I used scripts from V1.2 and V1.46, both threw the same error. I tried this out for the last couple of days and gave up. Any ides? Thanks.

Also, when do you plan to release the video? looking forward to that. 

Heads up guys, I don't know if someone mentioned it already but I have Excel en Spanish and the spreadsheet did not work as intended. I fixed it by using Google Sheets.

Edited by dellen

Would it be possible to create/include a stop-limit buy/sell script based on % or $ risk? 

It would be nice to have; that way good entry is possible with breakout (out of consolidation for example)  -- you can set it and forget it.  You're in the trade without having to continually monitor and hope to jump in on the break -  allowing you to monitor other stocks.

Amazing script! I tried it today and felt a mental ease from having to perform share calculations based on %risk on the fly. I wish I could plug into your brain and absorb all that genius 🧐📝. Thank you Kyle!!! 👏👏👏

-Miguel Angel

• Like 1

Kykle29, I see ur a busy  but I wanted to ask a quick question.  In the EXTRA section of version 1.46 RANGE orders are not accommodated for correct ?

Am i reading the notes correct ?  Just a bit confused.  Looking forward to the video and version 1.5 tht u mentioned.

This is going to be BADASS !!!! when u drop it.

On 5/22/2019 at 1:32 PM, KyleK29 said:

If you're using the DOLLAR RISK version, the initial BP calculation is calculating the Maximum Affordable Shares -- the shares your buying power can afford to buy. In this scenario, if you selected 50% BP, your risk would still be at $50, but the Maximum Affordable Shares calculation would now be cut in half. This only comes into play if you're doing position sizes that bump up against your actual leveraged buying power.

I'll be including it when I release the video along with a bunch of other things.

Yes, you can type whatever you want. The new version will have the SMRTM in it.

Yes, I'll be releasing them by the end of this month. Been a hectic year so far as I had many projects come due at the same time. I've got a lot of stuff brewing that I can't wait to share. V1.5 will be out this week with the following changes:

- Bug Fixes
- Price Target Hotkey
- Range Order Hotkey
- Zoom Y Axis Hotkeys

I just have to nuke my Excel as it keeps locking up with the latest version of Windows.

Along with the video and the new version (I want to launch both together)

Price Target Hotkey......Curious hope u achieve this, using RANGE order type only......interesting

AM