KyleK29

DAS - Dynamically Calculate Shares on %Risk or $Risk - Hot Key + Configuration, Updated 9/10/19, v2.1

Yes, you are right. That was a tradeoff I was willing to make but overall, your post for multiple range orders seems to do the job a smarter way. So thanks for sharing this thread and thanks for your help too. I'm going to explore this way and I'll figure out if it is my way to go in a few moments.

Best,

Sry for bothering Guys, I have an issue with the excel containing those Hotkeys, Currently I am trying to makie use of the Fixed $ Risk Hot Key (see attached).

The issue is, when I started using it that it only placed the order without stop loss. I have seen in kyles Webinars afterwards that he has more scripting logic behind the Fixed $ Risk Hotkey.

But my Excel is missing this part.

The missing part in my Excel: TriggerOrder=RT:STOP STOPTYPE:MARKET PX:StopPrice-0.3 ACT:SELL STOPPRICE:StopPrice QTY:Pos TIF:DAY;

Why does the downloaded Excel sheet misses this part ?

I have downloaded it again, but it is still missing this part of the logic.

image.thumb.png.4f7c440925c8522892bd58946cf7612e.png

Edited by FalconeyeMihawk

Hi BBT, I was wondering whether i can get any help setting up a hotkey to take 50% off position and then update stop loss with new position size?

Is that possible?

Scenario: Entered short with full 1R, price moved against me so i want to scale out 50%. So i will take a 1/2R loss instead of a 1R loss if my stop is hit.

2 minutes ago, soulavenger8 said:

Hi BBT, I was wondering whether i can get any help setting up a hotkey to take 50% off position and then update stop loss with new position size?

Is that possible?

Scenario: Entered short with full 1R, price moved against me so i want to scale out 50%. So i will take a 1/2R loss instead of a 1R loss if my stop is hit.

Currently i would need to hit 3 different hotkeys in 4 steps

Cancel stop -> 50% partial -> Click on chart price -> Update Stop

Hello,

In the break of the High of day strategy, I'm looking for a hotkey that would do :

-place a Stop buy order above the current price with one click on the chart (not two clicks like the one described here) .

-Set the stop loss automatically at $ 0.8 below (variable that I can change in the script)

-Defined risk of $100 (variable that I can change in the script, too).

Maybe I have seen this on this  Thread but I can't test it right now unfortunately to know if that fits my needs.

And of course, if possible, I would like the same one for the Break of the low of day strategy with a Sell stop order placed with one click below the price, please.

Last  but not least, would it be possible to add a target profit of 1,6 (2:1R, for example) on this script ? If not, not a big deal.

Thanks for any help.

Best,

Hello @peterB,

Sorry I didn't take time to thank you for your reply.

I have to search a bit more. With all the content, I should be able to find my need. The purpose was to be quicker than putting a stop order in the UI. But you are right, it is a simple hotkey so I should be able to find it somewhere.

Thanks,

Pierre

Yes you're right. So simple, I just didn't think about it. I was in my logic of using the Stream Deck and didn't see anything else. Stupid. Anyway, thanks for the idea. I will give it a try. 

When I change the Send a Stop Trigger Order?  to TRUE I get #VALUE! on the Hot Keys tab, any idea why? 

Also any reason this can't also include a 2:1 Range profit target to sell a certain percentage when hit? Something like this: 

Edited by Miah

8 minutes ago, peterB said:

avgcost2 is perhaps non existent and invalid variable

I have a working script that uses it.

Edited by Miah

My problem is related to the excel sheet, these are 2 separate things.

1. The issue with the excel sheet.

2. a request for an addition to it.

Hopefully Kyle will have a look.

Nevermind, this person has it figured out!: 

Edited by Miah

14 minutes ago, peterB said:

that would not work as the stop order will be attached only after the position is opened so you cannot do it with just loading the data to montage so you need to do the actual buy/sell first as it is the actual order parameters you are ragging on the chart

But couldn't we just have the double-click set the stop location, set the share amount on the stop to POS, and then set a 2:1 reward/risk ratio?

Edited by Eric

7 hours ago, Eric said:

The first two arguments are different, with SwitchTWnd being a way to activate the montage without clicking on it.

What is this witchery?

This is the first I've seen "SwitchTWnd".

I've been using "FocusWindow MONTAGE1" since my montage window is named MONTAGE1.

9 minutes ago, RussWilliamL said:

What is this witchery?

This is the first I've seen "SwitchTWnd".

I've been using "FocusWindow MONTAGE1" since my montage window is named MONTAGE1.

It just goes to the next trading window so only works reliably if there is only one montage.

I also use the FocusWindow with the applicable name as I have some layouts with more than one montage and it avoids unexpected behaviour down the line.

7 forces too wide of a range anyhow, if they are to remain visually separate (example short position on BAC below). Will report back if I find a working script that would automatically create a few separate brackets from one key. image.png.9f6007ecc4613b3ec1092ea8548407bc.png