KyleK29

DAS - Dynamically Calculate Shares on %Risk or $Risk - Hot Key + Configuration, Updated 9/10/19, v2.1

4 hours ago, peterB said:

MSPOL is not a valid route. choose either MEMXL (limit order) or MEMXM (market order)

or put your

Price=Ask+0.05; before the ROUTE command. As it probably fails to be executed because of the non-existent route in your script so the Price variable is not set hence the error

It actually works now.

Thanks for the help though!

Hi Everyone! I have set up some hotkeys successfully but I can not get the dynamic $risk to work and I believe its due to my DOUBLE CLICK TO TRADE feature is not working. The checkbox in the dialogue box in the CONFIG section checked but still no luck. Any insight on how to fix this? 

I a trading on DAS SIM 

4 minutes ago, Jaimemeraz said:

Hi Everyone! I have set up some hotkeys successfully but I can not get the dynamic $risk to work and I believe its due to my DOUBLE CLICK TO TRADE feature is not working. The checkbox in the dialogue box in the CONFIG section checked but still no luck. Any insight on how to fix this? 

I a trading on DAS SIM 

Hi,

Did you set montage style to "Stop Order"?

Best of luck. 

5 minutes ago, zulkafil said:

Hi,

Did you set montage style to "Stop Order"?

Best of luck. 

I figured it out. I was waiting to long to press the hot key sequence after double clicking. Its working now.  🙂 

3 minutes ago, zulkafil said:

Awesome!

Best of luck..

Thanks! This hot key really alleviate a-lot of the psychological pressure that comes w/ trading. I effing love it. 

I have a question and would love some assistance if possible. These are the scripts I am using to go long and set $ amount risk stop.

Long
StopPrice=Price-0;DefShare=BP*0.97;Price=Ask-Price+0.00;SShare=10/Price;Share=DefShare-SShare;DefShare=DefShare+SShare;SShare=Share;Sshare=DefShare-SShare;Share=0.5*SShare;TogSShare;ROUTE=LIMIT;Price= Ask+0.05;TIF=DAY+;BUY=Send;DefShare=0;TriggerOrder=RT:STOP STOPTYPE:MARKET PX:StopPrice-0.05 ACT:SELL STOPPRICE:StopPrice QTY:Pos TIF:DAY+;

Short 
StopPrice=Price+0;DefShare=BP*0.97;Price=Price-Bid+0.00;SShare=10/Price;Share=DefShare-SShare;DefShare=DefShare+SShare;SShare=Share;Sshare=DefShare-SShare;Share=0.5*SShare;TogSShare;ROUTE=LIMIT;Price=Bid-0.05;TIF=DAY+;SELL=Send;DefShare=0;TriggerOrder=RT:STOP STOPTYPE:MARKET PX:StopPrice+0.05 ACT:BUY STOPPRICE:StopPrice QTY:Pos TIF:DAY+;

Now this is the script I use to set a limit order  to take profits away from my long and short

Long
ROUTE=LIMIT;Price=AvgCost+.30;Share=Pos*0.5 ;TIF=DAY+;SELL=Send

Short
ROUTE=LIMIT;Price=AvgCost-.30;Share=Pos*0.5 ;TIF=DAY+;BUY=Send

This is my question, I am looking to combine these. I would like to double click the chart to set my stop, while the hotkey gets me in the position, sets my stop (double click) and still sets a limit order for my target of $0.30 or $0.50 for 50% of my position. Whichever one is filled cancels the other. I would like this script for the long and short side if possible. I believe a range order is needed to do this, but I am not sure. 

If this is not possible then I will get in with the hotkeys I am using currently using, but is there another hot key that can be made to keep my stop where it is and set the limit order to whatever % of the position I want?

Hi  all,

I'm using below dynamic hot key, it  calcs based on $ risk and max $position size rather than BP. Im more of a swing trader and usually just use market orders but on smaller stuff still get stuffed enough on the ask that its annoying.

StopPrice=Price-0.01;DefShare=xxxx/PRICE;Price=Ask-Price+0.01;SShare=xxx/Price;Share=DefShare-SShare;DefShare=DefShare+SShare;SShare=Share;Sshare=DefShare-SShare;Share=0.5*SShare;TogSShare;ROUTE=MARKET;Price= Ask+0.85;TIF=DAY+;BUY=Load;DefShare=400;TriggerOrder=RT:STOP STOPTYPE:MARKET PX:StopPrice-0.3 ACT:SELL STOPPRICE:StopPrice QTY:Pos TIF:GTC;

Is there a way to set the ASK + on a limit order to calculate using a % rather than $ amount? Ie i'm happy to chase the ask up 0.25%, now I could set it at a $ amount, but I trade stocks from $3 up to $1000 so its quite a big difference!  Surely even you day traders get this issue where your happy with a cent above ask on one stock but perhaps 5 cents above on another?

Many thanks

1 hour ago, noodle said:

ROUTE=MARKET;Price= Ask+0.85

I thought it was clear, perhaps not. basically the formula speadsheet auto calcs the entire code including the above part which I believe is your order type.

2 basic questions:

1: Is this actually proper Market buy order, or is it actually a limit order to buy the current Ask and up to + $0.85 ? If it is a proper market order then whats the point of the ask+0.85?

2: If its a type of limit order, can we specify the limit as a % instead of $ amount?

Hope that makes more sense?

Hi guys (and beloved Peter), apologies for this slightly newb-ish post. 

I've been reading through this thread for a few days now, and am still quite confused. Thinking perhaps I'm not too tech-savy (esp with my dyslexia, so would really really deeply appreciate the help from any and all).

This is my current conundrum: 

According to Kyle's webinar: https://bearbulltraders.com/course/essentials/lesson/setting-up-das-trader-pro/topic/advanced-hotkeys-for-risk-management-part-2-kyle/, he was able to double click on a point in his charts where he wanted his S/L. The AI would then automatically calculate the distance between the current price and that proposed S/L, and based on his "R" value (I'm targeting $50 as 1R), would then calculate the share size that Kyle should use. 

My query comes in two points. 

1.) What is this code, and how could I implement this into my DasTrader? 

2.) Is there a code, which I could perhaps add to the above code, that also helps me set my S/L at that point which I've clicked on, such that when the price goes past this line, it automatically sells/covers so that I don't have to do it manually? 

Adding on to that, is there also a code to add in with the above, for when I double click that S/L, that automatically helps me to enter the position at current market value with the proposed share size the AI has calculated based on my R of $50 (between current price and S/L)?

In theory, Kind of like a one-size fits all?  

I really hope this makes sense. Apologies, it takes me a very long time to type, and sometimes not too coherently. Really appreciate everyone's help 🙂 Wishing you and your families a blessed and Happy New Year ahead, full of joy, love, and kindness.

Thank you Peter. Currently, I am using this code for a Long $40 risk - 

DefShare=BP*0.97;Price=Ask-Price+0.01;SShare=40/Price;Share=DefShare-SShare;DefShare=DefShare+SShare;SShare=Share;Sshare=DefShare-SShare;Share=0.5*SShare;TogSShare;ROUTE=LIMIT;Price= Ask+0.05;TIF=DAY+;BUY=Send;DefShare=400;

It doesn't seem to trigger my stop loss though when it hits it on the simulator...is that natural? And is there perhaps a fix for it?

Much appreciated in advance

I want a hotkey that will risk a fixed amount $100, with a 1% stop out of the stock price and a 2% take profit. What hotkey should I use? 

Thank you so much Peter. I'll have to test it when I get home today. 

Would there be a difference if I use IB?

Also If I wanted to do two range order stops. Would I just copy and paste the last part and change to POS*.5 

And If I want to add a 3/1 stop change Price *.99 

"RT:STOP STOPTYPE:RANGEMKT LowPrice:Price HighPrice:StopPrice ACT:BUY QTY:POS TIF:DAY+"