KyleK29

DAS - Dynamically Calculate Shares on %Risk or $Risk - Hot Key + Configuration, Updated 9/10/19, v2.1

7 hours ago, peterB said:

StopPrice=Ask*0.99;DefShare=BP*0.97;Price=Ask-StopPrice+0.01;SShare=30/Price;Share=DefShare-SShare;DefShare=DefShare+SShare;SShare=Share;Sshare=DefShare-SShare;Share=0.5*SShare;TogSShare;ROUTE=SMRTL;Price= Ask+0.05;TIF=DAY+;BUY=Send;DefShare=100;TriggerOrder=RT:STOP STOPTYPE:MARKET PX:StopPrice-0 ACT:SELL STOPPRICE:StopPrice QTY:Pos TIF:DAY+ 

this one works for me. try it and adapt the number 30 and 0.99 as necessary

That one works, thanks a lot! Would you mind posting the short hotkey, it's doing the same as my long key.

4 hours ago, peterB said:

StopPrice=Bid*1.01;DefShare=BP*0.97;Price=Bid+StopPrice-0.01;SShare=30/Price;Share=DefShare-SShare;DefShare=DefShare+SShare;SShare=Share;Sshare=DefShare-SShare;Share=0.5*SShare;TogSShare;ROUTE=SMRTL;Price= Bid-0.05;TIF=DAY+;SELL=Send;DefShare=100;TriggerOrder=RT:STOP STOPTYPE:MARKET PX:StopPrice-0 ACT:BUY STOPPRICE:StopPrice QTY:Pos TIF:DAY+ 

*i have not tried it

Looks like it's giving me the same error:

Set default share to 100
Error:Invalid Shares!
Set default share to 886
Set default share to 886
AMD Bid:106.15 Ask:106.16

Do you have any ideas on what needs to change?

1 minute ago, peterB said:

post your real hotkey data

StopPrice=Bid*1.01;DefShare=BP*0.97;Price=Bid+StopPrice-0.01;SShare=30/Price;Share=DefShare-SShare;DefShare=DefShare+SShare;SShare=Share;Sshare=DefShare-SShare;Share=0.5*SShare;TogSShare;ROUTE=SMRTL;Price= Bid-0.05;TIF=DAY+;SELL=Send;DefShare=100;TriggerOrder=RT:STOP STOPTYPE:MARKET PX:StopPrice-0 ACT:BUY STOPPRICE:StopPrice QTY:Pos TIF:DAY+

1 hour ago, peterB said:

StopPrice=Bid*1.01;DefShare=BP*0.97;Price=StopPrice-Bid;SShare=30/Price;Share=DefShare-SShare;DefShare=DefShare+SShare;SShare=Share;Sshare=DefShare-SShare;Share=0.5*SShare;TogSShare;ROUTE=SMRTL;Price=Bid-0.03;TIF=DAY+;SELL=Send;DefShare=100;TriggerOrder=RT:STOP STOPTYPE:MARKET PX:StopPrice+0.05 ACT:BUY STOPPRICE:StopPrice QTY:Pos TIF:DAY+

use this instead

Looks good so far, thanks a lot for your help!

26 minutes ago, peterB said:

you are welcome, one day when you get to your first 100M you can buy me a Lambo

Lol you got it.

On 9/10/2021 at 3:37 PM, peterB said:

you are welcome, one day when you get to your first 100M you can buy me a Lambo

So I have one more question for you, apparently you aren't done with me yet lol. I noticed from using this in sim replay that as I trade different stocks with a wide range of prices the stop significantly gets closer or farther away from my entry. For example, If I use the default setting while trading AAPL, it will set a stop about $1.50 from entry. But if I trade a 20 dollar stock it will set a stop $.2 from my entry, which can hardly tick on my chart and fly through my stop. Do you know of any way to make it consistent and put the stop a percentage of distance on the chart? So no matter what price the stock is on the same time frame chart the stop will be in the same place on my screen? Hope that makes sense. Thanks!

10 hours ago, peterB said:

i do not understand. it is exactly as you wanted. 1% of 150 is 1.5 and 1% of 20 is 0.2

if it is too much then  lower it to 0.5% or maybe you could do some set of hotkeys for each price level

anyway 20 cents on 20 dollar stock is normal move

sorry to ask but what is the problem of clicking into the chart to set the desired stop?

I think I just need to adjust the settings until I find the sweet spot. I can’t adjust to clicking to enter I feel like I’m always late on entries.

I guess just the way I process trades. I can't get in the habit of clicking before I'm ready to enter.

Hi all,

How would be the hotkey for $RISK formula if the STOP you wish to use is LIMIT, instead of MARKET?

Regards

Edited by juard

On 9/13/2021 at 4:54 PM, peterB said:

trading is about adapting and this sounds like the easiest thing to do while its beenfits of having static risk without harder counting should be enough motivatio for you to overcome it

Would you mind taking a quick look at my limit order. I think the hotkey edited something in the script that is not letting it calculate correctly. I am trying to set a limit order at 3R. This is the script:

Route=Limit;Share=Pos*1;Price=AvgCost-StopPrice;Price=Price*3;Price=Price+AvgCost;Price=Round2;TIF=DAY+;SELL=Send

A range order is not working also. Thank you!

3 minutes ago, peterB said:

it does not work like that. DAS does not know what your R is once you have a position opened as the order is held at your broker, not on your pc.

Range orders of course work but the counting and submissions need to be submitted in one hotkey otherwise you will need to manually enter the range price values. Maybe it would be better for you to take something which is proven to work rather than trying to reinvent the wheel.

Not sure what you mean about what your R is. One of the basic hotkeys is the Price-Target. How can that work if DAS doesn't know what your R is?

6 minutes ago, peterB said:

maybe just define on what you want to accomplish and i will direct you to the right hotkey combination and how to use it

I'm trying to set a price target at 3R on entry. I've tried with a price target and range order but none are working. Actually it works when I hit the kotkey twice but not once.

StopPrice=Ask*0.99;DefShare=BP*0.99;Price=Ask-StopPrice+0.01;SShare=3/Price;Share=DefShare-SShare;DefShare=DefShare+SShare;SShare=Share;Sshare=DefShare-SShare;Share=0.5*SShare;TogSShare;ROUTE=SMRTL;Price= Ask+0.05;TIF=DAY+;BUY=Send;DefShare=200;CXL ALLSYMB;Route=Limit;Share=Pos*1;Price=AvgCost-StopPrice;Price=Price*3;Price=Price+AvgCost;Price=Round2;TIF=DAY+;SELL=Send

Edited by Oliver

5 minutes ago, peterB said:

CXL ALLSYMB;StopPrice=Price-0;DefShare=BP0.99;Price=Ask-Price+0.00;SShare=3/Price;Share=DefShare-SShare;DefShare=DefShare+SShare;SShare=Share;Sshare=DefShare-SShare;Share=0.5*SShare;TogSShare;ROUTE=SMRTL;Price=Ask+0.1;TIF=DAY+;BUY=Send;DefShare=200;Price=Ask-StopPrice*3+Ask;TriggerOrder=RT:STOP STOPTYPE:RANGE LowPrice:StopPrice HighPrice:Price ACT:SELL QTY:POS TIF:DAY+

this will open a 3 dollar risk position with stop loss and 3R target OCO range order
it will work only if you have enabled click to trade and montage style STOP

So this is basically using the double click method to enter a position?