KyleK29

DAS - Dynamically Calculate Shares on %Risk or $Risk - Hot Key + Configuration, Updated 9/10/19, v2.1

11 minutes ago, KyleK29 said:

It's the crazy market volatility, lots of people are having trouble with delayed fills this week as various brokers/exchanges have experienced increased traffic (and outages). It'll likely go back to normal soon. I had a couple delays myself, first time in 2+ years.

I wouldn't switch it to Market because you're really at the mercy of the market makers filling you at what price they feel like. Limit orders on entries are usually your best bet.

thanks... I imagined but need your confirmation 🙂

Hey guys,

I am through my learning phase and am going into the sim-phase. I'm trying to setup my hotkeys, but I have some problems with them. With the fixed dollar risk hotkey, long or short, from Kyle's hotkey excell-file I always get a "Script:Invalid operator" and sometimes, seems to me at random, a "Set default share to 400". Does anyone have an idea what I'm doing wrong? These are the scripts I used.

Long

DefShare=BP*1;Price=Ask-Price+0,01;SShare=50/Price;Share=DefShare-SShare;DefShare=DefShare+SShare;SShare=Share;Sshare=DefShare-SShare;Share=0.5*SShare;TogSShare;ROUTE=LIMIT;Price= Ask+0,05;TIF=DAY+;BUY=Send;DefShare=400;

Short

DefShare=BP*1;Price=Price-Bid+0,01;SShare=50/Price;Share=DefShare-SShare;DefShare=DefShare+SShare;SShare=Share;Sshare=DefShare-SShare;Share=0.5*SShare;TogSShare;ROUTE=LIMIT;Price=Bid-0,05;TIF=DAY+;SELL=Send;DefShare=400;

I was curious to know if the script was updated to not only place the market order, but also add a line for the stop or marker on the chart that indicates the stop area or price?

Also I wanted to know if I only use the script to load, but not send and I wait for a particular area of entry then decide to execute the order by clicking the buy or sell button will it still execute at the right position size based on the stop area and my risk amount?

On 10/18/2020 at 2:13 AM, peterB said:

yeah exactly as you said its the send vs load

I've done this a few times and don't know if I'm doing something wrong, but after you load, it seems the only way to have it go through is to use the Enter key, because the mouse click doesn't work. Sometimes it seems the order goes through if you use enter, but then no stop is attached. Either way I'm loving these scripts; I'm mind blown and very appreciative of all who thought of, contributed, encouraged, shared, motivated, developed and assisted into bring this to life. 

I actually just started using DAS Trader with TD Ameritrade, so it took a little bit of understanding to change some of these scripts to how I needed, but I can honestly say the experience has been well. After 2 days of modifying and customizing everything for how I trade, the scripts in combination with the speed of DAS actually helps better than I expected. I even keep the Think or Swim Application open just to monitor everything and DAS has it beat every time. The combination of a better platform with these amazing Hotkey scripts makes 2021 look more promising.

Thanks to all!!!

Hi chaps,

I'm in SIM replay and can't manage to place a stop by double clicking. I've checked I have the latest das, double click is enabled on each chart, montage style is set to stop order. 

My position type shows as margin.

I'd add I'm clearly no IT wizz....

Any ideas would be gratefully appreciated?

Nick

@kyleK29  U know I am just realizing that ur XL sheet BUY script is a very good script to ADD for a 2nd position, 3rd position to the Nth position also. All u need to do is add ;CXL ALLSYMB; to the at the beginning. So one single button can be 1st BUY and the Nth BUY.

The STOP would be moved for the full position, i.e. including the 1st BUY, to the value u double clicked on for the 2nd BUY, the stop price.  U do not need a dedicated ADD unless u need a different risk amt  or  percentage.   

Basically I can do this for my SSR Shrt and SELL scripts too.  It would reduce the number of buttons I have. All my positions would be the same risk which is fine for me.  This would eliminate 3 buttons for me, which I like, less buttons less confusion/errors.

Am I correct ? 

3 hours ago, NickMan said:

Hi chaps,

I'm in SIM replay and can't manage to place a stop by double clicking. I've checked I have the latest das, double click is enabled on each chart, montage style is set to stop order. 

My position type shows as margin.

I'd add I'm clearly no IT wizz....

Any ideas would be gratefully appreciated?

Nick

You can't use stop orders in replay unfortunately.

2 hours ago, Alastair said:

@kyleK29  U know I am just realizing that ur XL sheet BUY script is a very good script to ADD for a 2nd position, 3rd position to the Nth position also. All u need to do is add ;CXL ALLSYMB; to the at the beginning. So one single button can be 1st BUY and the Nth BUY.

The STOP would be moved for the full position, i.e. including the 1st BUY, to the value u double clicked on for the 2nd BUY, the stop price.  U do not need a dedicated ADD unless u need a different risk amt  or  percentage.   

Basically I can do this for my SSR Shrt and SELL scripts too.  It would reduce the number of buttons I have. All my positions would be the same risk which is fine for me.  This would eliminate 3 buttons for me, which I like, less buttons less confusion/errors.

Am I correct ? 

I checked out both scripts and they seem the exact same other than for the ;CXL ALLSYMB at the beginning like you said. Why would you not want to cancel the original stop loss orders though with the CXL ALLSYMB at the beginning of the script? If you take it off what happens when you add to your position since the add script has a stop loss order , but no cancel of the original one? Will you now have 2 stop loss orders?

Something I've notice also, some scripts start with ;CXL ALLSYMB while others start with CXL ALLSYMB. I didn't know if this was a typo error or if that is the way its supposed to be. Should the actually be in front of the CXL ALLSYMB command?

Edited by Ishyster

1 hour ago, Ishyster said:

I checked out both scripts and they seem the exact same other than for the ;CXL ALLSYMB at the beginning like you said. Why would you not want to cancel the original stop loss orders though with the CXL ALLSYMB at the beginning of the script? If you take it off what happens when you add to your position since the add script has a stop loss order , but no cancel of the original one? Will you now have 2 stop loss orders?

Ok wht I am assuming (need clarification/confirmation) is if I add CXL ALLSYMB to my BUY button (the first position) is put on with no problem as I had no orders.....the CXL ALLSYMB does nothing, has no effect.  This position has a STOP based on where I double clicked.  OK,  then next.........

the market moves in my direction, I'm in profit, I see a potential add setup........I double click my stop price on chart then click same BUY button........the CXL ALLSYMB clears the 1st STOP.......and calculates shares and and BUYS then Trigger order puts in a STOP for both POS.........(I am assuming POS is a system value meaning the whole position)   ..........  which is TOTAL size of both BUY orders.  Basically this is "moving" the stop on 1st position as I double clicked above the entry price of 1st BUY order, which technically is in profit..........and only now have one R risk on, which is the 2nd BUY.  This is what I am trying to confirm.  Hopefully someone like @Justin or @KyleK29 can confirm.....or say i am typing rubbish. 

1 hour ago, Ishyster said:

Something I've notice also, some scripts start with ;CXL ALLSYMB while others start with CXL ALLSYMB. I didn't know if this was a typo error or if that is the way its supposed to be. Should the actually be in front of the CXL ALLSYMB command?

I believe the " ;  "  at the beginning of script has no effect.  Willing to be corrected as I am not the subject matter expert (SME) on this topic.  But I have not seen any difference in the trades I have put on in the past.  I actually just removed them from the beginning  of my scripts 10 mins ago trying to be neat. 😕  So will start tomorrow real slow unless the experts say otherwise.

Edited by Alastair

3 hours ago, Alastair said:

Ok wht I am assuming (need clarification/confirmation) is if I add CXL ALLSYMB to my BUY button (the first position) is put on with no problem as I had no orders.....the CXL ALLSYMB does nothing, has no effect.  This position has a STOP based on where I double clicked.  OK,  then next.........

the market moves in my direction, I'm in profit, I see a potential add setup........I double click my stop price on chart then click same BUY button........the CXL ALLSYMB clears the 1st STOP.......and calculates shares and and BUYS then Trigger order puts in a STOP for both POS.........(I am assuming POS is a system value meaning the whole position)   ..........  which is TOTAL size of both BUY orders.  Basically this is "moving" the stop on 1st position as I double clicked above the entry price of 1st BUY order, which technically is in profit..........and only now have one R risk on, which is the 2nd BUY.  This is what I am trying to confirm.  Hopefully someone like @Justin or @KyleK29 can confirm.....or say i am typing rubbish. 

I believe the " ;  "  at the beginning of script has no effect.  Willing to be corrected as I am not the subject matter expert (SME) on this topic.  But I have not seen any difference in the trades I have put on in the past.  I actually just removed them from the beginning  of my scripts 10 mins ago trying to be neat. 😕  So will start tomorrow real slow unless the experts say otherwise.

I don't know if I confused myself, but yes I believe you are correct.

For some reason I thought that you already had a stop from an open position and were going to use a hotkey that didn't cancel any previous stop orders, but then added to your position and placed a new stop.

24 minutes ago, Ishyster said:

but yes I believe you are correct.

Ok thks.....I will wakeup at 4 EST and run a few tests using the test symbol ZVZZT and my SIM acct.

The data feed should start flowing at that time.

@Ishyster

Indeed the ; has no effect at the beginning of the scripts. If it's not separating anything, it's not doing anything.

@Alastair

Indeed putting CXL ALLSYMB in front of Kyle's default buy/sell script will allow you to double click again on the chart (where you want a new stop) and add to your position. It will recalculate your total POS and the new stop loss will be for all shares.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the above response.   Another question for @Justin or @KyleK29 on pre-market trading.    Missing too many great opps in pre-market, time to start trading it.

As per normal, my broker only accepts LIMIT orders with TIF set to DAY in pre-market.  To minimize buttons in montage  I would like to use the default XL Sheet scripts BUY / SELL in pre-market. as they are already on montage.

I am assuming the TRIGGER order part of script will just reject and allow the BUY order part to go through ? Will close the trade with normal scale out LIMIT orders from XL sheet also 10% to 100% scripts ? With a profit or loss.

Is my interpretation correct ?

No more additional buttons required.

Hello everyone. I appreciate any help if possible. After I get in a position and my stop is already in place I use these scripts to help scale me out. 

For my buy orders

CXL ALLSYMB;ROUTE=LIMIT;Price=ASK+0.05;Price=Round2;Share=Pos*.5;TIF=DAY+;BUY=Send

For my sell orders

CXL ALLSYMB;ROUTE=LIMIT;Price=BID-0.05;Price=Round2;Share=Pos*.5;TIF=DAY+;SELL=Send

What I am trying to do is scale out, but keep my stop where it is and only update it's position size. This is something I found in the forum to scale out, only update the stop position size and not move it. It seems to work for sell orders, but I'm try to configure it for buy orders and can't seem to get it to work. Can someone help me out and is it even correct?

CXL ALLSYMB;Route=LIMIT;Share=Pos*.25;Price=Bid-0.05;TIF=DAY+;SELL=Send;ROUTE=STOP;StopType=Market;StopPrice=StopPrice;Share=Pos-share;TIF=DAY+;SELL=SEND

Edited by Ishyster
Detail