KyleK29

DAS - Dynamically Calculate Shares on %Risk or $Risk - Hot Key + Configuration, Updated 9/10/19, v2.1

14 minutes ago, Miklos Ekman said:

Hi Kyle, is there any video guide how to set this up? Im keep having errors coming up:(

On the first post there are 5 videos explaining how to set this up.

Hi all,

Does anyone else have trouble using the "scale-in" risk HKs (see script below), such that it doesn't always work? (I do understand that one must have a "TRIGGER PRICE" value filled in on the active montage. But sometimes this HK works and sometimes it does not. Also, why does it contain 2 buy orders? what does that accomplish?

;CXL ALLSYMB;DefShare=BP*0.97;Price=Ask+0.02-StopPrice;SShare=50/Price;Share=DefShare-SShare;DefShare=DefShare+SShare;SShare=Share;Sshare=DefShare-SShare;Share=0.5*SShare;TogSShare;ROUTE=SMRTL;Price= Ask+0.05;TIF=DAY+; BUY=Send;DefShare=100;TriggerOrder=RT:STOP STOPTYPE:MARKET PX:StopPrice+0.05 ACT:BUY STOPPRICE:StopPrice QTY:Pos TIF:DAY+;

19 hours ago, OTC said:

Hi all,

Does anyone else have trouble using the "scale-in" risk HKs (see script below), such that it doesn't always work? (I do understand that one must have a "TRIGGER PRICE" value filled in on the active montage. But sometimes this HK works and sometimes it does not. Also, why does it contain 2 buy orders? what does that accomplish?

;CXL ALLSYMB;DefShare=BP*0.97;Price=Ask+0.02-StopPrice;SShare=50/Price;Share=DefShare-SShare;DefShare=DefShare+SShare;SShare=Share;Sshare=DefShare-SShare;Share=0.5*SShare;TogSShare;ROUTE=SMRTL;Price= Ask+0.05;TIF=DAY+; BUY=Send;DefShare=100;TriggerOrder=RT:STOP STOPTYPE:MARKET PX:StopPrice+0.05 ACT:BUY STOPPRICE:StopPrice QTY:Pos TIF:DAY+;

Please refresh my memory, you're IBCO .. right? (if you're DAS SIM than you need to change the ROUTE=SMRTL; to ROUTE=LIMIT;) 

The scale-in hotkey only has one order, the other part of the script is a calculation (e.g. can I afford what I'm trying to add .. since your buying power is already tied up with the initial position, it's an import calculation to make).  The trigger price (StopPrice variable) can be what was initially used.  If it's not adding risk, it might because it's calculated that you can't afford that risk (not enough buying power). I'd have to see the Debug log to understand why it wouldn't work otherwise.

On 8/24/2020 at 11:07 AM, Miklos Ekman said:

Hi Kyle, is there any video guide how to set this up? Im keep having errors coming up:(

WilliamH also has some good ones on the BBT YouTube Channel, here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hw59cB60os

On 8/19/2020 at 3:04 PM, OTC said:

I have asked Jason He from DAS...I have asked in the chatroom, under support and not and nothing has worked yet.

Issue: Key level target order not being bought (order set using default montage button).

Example: I have a long position and have X shares based on a dollar risk HK, I sell 25% of position with HK, then I set my breakeven HK stop-loss, but now I want to set a target order to sell X amount of shares at a key level so I type in the amount of shares in the montage and place a 'SHRT' order because 'SELL' is not available (this order is done using the default montage button), DAS_Jason tells me 'SELL' becomes 'SHRT' because I have two open orders in the open order window, one a BE stop and the other what I believe to be a range order, BUT the'SELL' button became 'SHRT' because the cumulative amount of shares in the open order window is a larger quantity then what my actual position is. (my actual position = 309, I want to sell 100 shares at 151.49 - order gets skipped so I sold with HK. If you sum up the open order shares they = 409, which is > my actual position).

Question: How do I set a partialing order at a key level using the montage without having to remove my stop-loss (in this case BE SL) or protection from the trade going opposite my position? or does it have to be another HK?

image.png.5891f78b145b9b70000053d20b040e5b.png

image.png.7a24095d032d08ae5c45921af0ded457.png

image.png.0635fc74debda450a2619388f8ae86b7.png

You're setting a Stop Limit order for your partial. Partials should be standard Limit orders.  To input one manually, you'd double-click the chart where you want to place it (loads price into Price variable), make sure Route = SMRTL, enter the share total, and hit "SELL/SHRT" for a LONG, or "BUY" for a SHORT.

The name-change on the button is just a label, it doesn't affect the order type. What I think is happening is that your montage isn't properly resetting the route nor refreshing the UI, so you're setting it as a Stop Limit (unless you intended to use that).  Open Partial Limit's should show up as a different color on chart. 

To do this via hotkey .. 

LONG - 25% Out at Double-Clicked Location:

Route=LIMIT;Share=Pos*0.25;TIF=DAY+;SELL=Send

SHORT - 25% Out at Double-Clicked Location:

Route=LIMIT;Share=Pos*0.25;TIF=DAY+;BUY=Send

Usage:
1) Double-click the location you want to put the order.
2) Fire hotkey (with montage selected)
3) Open Order for 25% position should be created at that level. When the price hits, it'll trigger and sell 25% out.  Always remember to any open orders when your position goes flat.

Edited by KyleK29

---------------------------------------------------------
Profile / Project Pages (Dynamic Hotkeys, StreamDeck Files, and other contributions are located here)

@kyleK29

I am new to BBT and I watched William's video on hotkey setup. I have verified that my DAS Montage style is set to Stop Order; however, in the DAS simulator, using replay, the stop orders are not executing for either the long or short hotkey script. Any ideas why?

Edited by Richard Rutherford

On 8/29/2020 at 11:38 AM, Richard Rutherford said:

@kyleK29

I am new to BBT and I watched William's video on hotkey setup. I have verified that my DAS Montage style is set to Stop Order; however, in the DAS simulator, using replay, the stop orders are not executing for either the long or short hotkey script. Any ideas why?

Stop orders dont work in replay mode.   Only limit and Market.  i believe they are going to fix it in a later version.  

On 7/30/2020 at 5:13 PM, KyleK29 said:

Don't we all. I've been slowly nudging DAS to add some features that would help us manipulate stops (specifically) a tad easier via hotkeys. 

A & B: Unfortunately this doesn't exist in hotkey form and you have to do it manually by setting up the trigger orders, it's a bit of a pain in the rear to configure .. I don't even bother doing it unless I'm going to walk away from the terminal for a bit. This would require a video to explain and I have it on my list to do for the channel.

C : This is doable in the latest beta, but it's a complicated hotkey script. When that beta reaches everyone (goes to production), I'll add it to the Configuration Tool.

You can add a profit-target (there is a configurable version in the Excel sheet on the Hotkeys tab if you scroll down), right now I recommend doing it on a separate hotkey as I find that two primary orders can sometimes mess up the Trigger and / or the route sometimes. In the latest beta you can do this properly with a Trigger Order .. I'll add that to the configuration tool once those features reach everyone.

Hi kylek29, any news on this release that let you manage the profit target within the same hotkey?

thx

41 minutes ago, given81 said:

Hi kylek29, any news on this release that let you manage the profit target within the same hotkey?

thx

actually just find this video on youtube 

that maybe is useful for my needs (sl and profit target at the same time), but i'm trying the hotkey of the video (ROUTE=STOP;StopType=Range;LowPrice=Price;HighPrice=AvgCost-Price*2+AvgCost;Share=Pos;TIF=DAY+;SELL=Load ) and seems nothing happened...

anyone konws or use this hotkey?

thx

This hotkey is amazing to say the least.. Hats off to Kyle and everyone else who contributed to this game changing script.

I would like to know if it would be possible for the script to take the VWAP or any moving average variable and and automatically calculate shares based on BP and amount risk and insert stop loss say at 1% under vwap or said moving average all with one click of a hotkey. I know you can do this by double clicking into the chart, I was just hoping to save a step...

Again, thank you for all you guys do for the trading/DAS community. Truly amazing.

Peter

Edited by pjjsfv

Hey @KyleK29, I've been using the hotkeys now for a while and having difficulty with my stop loss being near the risk $ I took. I am risking $250/trade as per the config option, but when I get stopped out it has been $350-380 range. I changed it to a LIMIT instead of market with .05 buffer on the same stock and then I get $260-280. Which is better, but problem with limit stop is I got skipped once and it freaked me out so went back to market order stops.

It calculated too many shares: entry was 21.95 short, stop loss set to 22.11, shares purchased were 2083 and stop loss was triggered at 22.12 ---- the risk was actually $333 versus $250 and my total loss stop amount was $354 based on the share size

Have you experienced this lately as well, or others?  I am getting too many shares for the risk $ Just wondering if other experience this or if this is a bug

here is my SHORT $250 RISK script for reference:

StopPrice=Price+0;DefShare=BP*0.9;Price=Price-Bid+0;SShare=250/Price;Share=DefShare-SShare;DefShare=DefShare+SShare;SShare=Share;Sshare=DefShare-SShare;Share=0.5*SShare;TogSShare;ROUTE=SMRTL;Price=Bid-0.04;TIF=DAY+;SELL=Send;DefShare=200;TriggerOrder=RT:STOP STOPTYPE:MARKET PX:StopPrice+0.05 ACT:BUY STOPPRICE:StopPrice QTY:Pos TIF:DAY+;

Edited by Thomas
added more details

I'm having an issue where the hotkey will sometimes not fill and act like a limit order that just sits open. Kind of a strange situation, but it's pretty frustrating and I'm not sure what is going wrong because I got it directly from the spreadsheet. Anyone have any ideas what is going wrong?

Here is the script that I am using: 

StopPrice=Price-0.01;DefShare=BP*0.97;Price=Ask-Price+0.01;SShare=50/Price;Share=DefShare-SShare;DefShare=DefShare+SShare;SShare=Share;Sshare=DefShare-SShare;Share=0.5*SShare;TogSShare;ROUTE=LIMIT;Price= Ask+0.05;TIF=DAY+;BUY=Send;DefShare=400;TriggerOrder=RT:STOP STOPTYPE:MARKET PX:StopPrice-0.3 ACT:SELL STOPPRICE:StopPrice QTY:Pos TIF:DAY+;

Hotkey fail.JPG

Hi everyone,

I didn't go through all the pages so I hope this question wasn't already asked.

I have all the hotkeys setup and working, but there is something I would like to achieve and I don't know how.

Let's say I'm already in a trade, I went long with a fixed risk, and I have my stop defined.

Maybe I went with a smaller size than usual, and now the stock is moving in my direction so I would like to add in, without raising my first stop.

I would like to keep my first entry and my first stop the same, and have a second stop corresponding to my second entry.

@KyleK29 Do you know if this is possible ?

Thank you !

I just want to say that every time I read the original post I learn something and laugh. Thanks, Kyle!

Great work @KyleK29 ! 

I'm setting up right now all the HKeys! 

just wanted to ask, could you share your layout default config? and that "Stock Calculator" program to have a look? I know it's in BETA, but i'm really interested in it to test. ( and please let me know anyhow when that stock calculator is finished! ) 

also, 

Do you use 4K screen? your layout looks ideal! what monitor you have?

Thanks Again! 

and keep it up!    

I have a HotKey request, I hope it's not too complicated, but I have no idea how to do it myself. If Kyle or anyone else would be kind enough to help me out I would really appreciate it. I have started using multiple range orders to finish my trades off instead of a trailing stop. So I would like to streamline this order instead of manually entering it each time.

Stop range order; 50% Pos ; BE and BE+1.00

Stop range order; 50% Pos; BE and BE+2.00

I could just hit this hotkey, then use the move order on chart to put the profit target where I want.

If I could just get one of these, I could figure out how to adjust this on my own to my liking, 25% 75% 50%,  +1.00 or +2.00 or whatever I find I use the most.

Thanks Bobby N in Chat

If you don’t have a mountain to climb, find one.