KyleK29

DAS - Dynamically Calculate Shares on %Risk or $Risk - Hot Key + Configuration, Updated 9/10/19, v2.1

23 hours ago, Alam said:
  • Hi Kyle, Amazing hotkeys. I am testing your dynamic hotkey in the sim account. It is placing the long order but it is not placing/triggering the associated stop order. I set the send stop trigger to TRUE in your excel sheet. Here's the script generated

Are you in replay mode? Stop orders do not work in replay So just checking 

No, Just the regular sim on real time around 10AM, i.e. regular market hours

Thank you Kyle for the hotkeys.

When I use it, it's requiring me to close stop order before I can sell/cover. Is there a solution to sell/cover while stop order is in place?

Kyle,

If I am using the following buy and short scripts, is the a way to add a 'double click' SL to sell full position at desired SL calue?

LONG:  ROUTE=SMRTL;Share=300;Price=Ask+0.05;TIF=DAY+;BUY=Send

SHORT:  ROUTE=SMRTL;Share=200;Price=Bid-.05;TIF=DAY+;SELL=Send

Here is something the guys at DAS put together for me but it doesn't adjust the share amount if you partial. Do you know if we can make the following code readjust the share amount and possibly move the stop to breakeven?

StopPrice=Price;ROUTE=SMRTL;Share=300;Price=Ask+0.05;TIF=DAY+;BUY=Send;TriggerOrder=RT:STOP STOPTYPE:LIMIT STOPPRICE:StopPrice PX:StopPrice ACT:SELL QTY:POS TIF:DAY+

Edited by OTC

On 7/30/2020 at 11:03 PM, Thomas said:

Hi Kyle,

Is there a way to use your hotkeys without having to double click the chart to get the price?

Meaning --- is there a way to just hit the hotkey and it buys the correct # of shares based on my buying power, 1% or 0.5% of my account size without having to double click the chart?

This interests me for ORBs or quickly moving stocks and I don't have time to find the right spot to double click the chart so the current script can calculate shares. note --- I love your hotkeys for when the day is slower and I can set my stop and then hit the keys, but needed something quick for momentum trades and not needing 5 different buttons with share sizes based on the stock price range.

Is this possible to generate from your spreadsheet?

Ok, I answered my own question below and found the script. It's pretty simple, but the challenge with this is the amount of shares (risk) is perfectly fine for a $60 stock, but using the same buying power % of 25%, or even 15% at $15-30 gives me too many shares and the risk is a lot tighter and no room for movement.

25% BP in this script is awesome, and equates to a $100 risk when playing AMD, but can not be used for anything in the lower price ranges, and I found having a 10% BP hotkey needed, or else the risk is closer to $350-$500 for any kind of small up or down.

--- is there anyway to have a dynamic share hotkey based on $ risk without having to double click the chart?

BUY with BP of 15% (simple based on BP and round2 price -- no need to double click chart)
ROUTE=SMRTL;PRICE=ASK+0.04;PRICE=Round2;SHARE=BP*0.15;TIF=DAY+;BUY=SEND

On 8/1/2020 at 10:51 PM, Alam said:

No, Just the regular sim on real time around 10AM, i.e. regular market hours

ok, I have to ask. Did you change the montage style to Stop Order? and enable double click on the chart to trade?

Also, if you have IB account use SMRTL or SMRTM. If you are using the BBT simulator version, you have to use LIMIT and MARKET as ROUTE=

Here are the scripts I use and they work: keep us posted

BUY $100 with stop loss

StopPrice=Price-0;DefShare=BP*0.90;Price=Ask-Price+0;SShare=100/Price;Share=DefShare-SShare;DefShare=DefShare+SShare;SShare=Share;Sshare=DefShare-SShare;Share=0.5*SShare;TogSShare;ROUTE=SMRTL;Price= Ask+0.04;TIF=DAY+;BUY=Send;DefShare=200;TriggerOrder=RT:STOP STOPTYPE:MARKET PX:StopPrice-0.05 ACT:SELL STOPPRICE:StopPrice QTY:Pos TIF:DAY+;

Short $100 with Stop Loss

StopPrice=Price+0;DefShare=BP*0.90;Price=Price-Bid+0;SShare=100/Price;Share=DefShare-SShare;DefShare=DefShare+SShare;SShare=Share;Sshare=DefShare-SShare;Share=0.5*SShare;TogSShare;ROUTE=SMRTL;Price=Bid-0.04;TIF=DAY+;SELL=Send;DefShare=200;TriggerOrder=RT:STOP STOPTYPE:MARKET PX:StopPrice+0.05 ACT:BUY STOPPRICE:StopPrice QTY:Pos TIF:DAY+;

• Like 1

I'm testing out this hotkey and I've noticed a strange behavior when I try to partial out or close out my position. Under my trades window, it shows up as a short sell (SS) rather than simply a sell. I'm concerned that if I try to partial out on a stock that doesn't allow shorts, it won't let me close. Has anyone seen this?

Update: Nevermind! I read through the initial post again and realized this is a known issue.

Edited by drodz

Hey Kyle,

I am having a really difficult time with setting up my hot keys. I followed a BBT Youtube tutorial on your hot keys and watched your webinar but for some reason my keys are not working the way I thought they would.

One example: Long $100 Risk - StopPrice=Price-0.01;DefShare=BP*0.97;Price=Ask-Price+0.01;SShare=100/Price;Share=DefShare-SShare;DefShare=DefShare+SShare;SShare=Share;Sshare=DefShare-SShare;Share=0.5*SShare;TogSShare;ROUTE=MARKET;Price= Ask+0.05;TIF=DAY+;BUY=Send;DefShare=200;TriggerOrder=RT:STOP STOPTYPE:MARKET PX:StopPrice-0.3 ACT:SELL STOPPRICE:StopPrice QTY:Pos TIF:DAY+;

When I tried this morning and yesterday morning I found that the stop loss order never showed up on the queue. What am I missing? Thank you for all your help and dedication on this. I've learned a ton already.

On 7/30/2020 at 5:00 PM, OTC said:

Kyle,

see quote: "As for configuring your own, it's quite easy. The Excel Configurator walks you through creating the entire script to how you want it, so scripting necessary (it's all dropdowns and selectors). It has some decent breakdowns and explanations as well. You just configure it, copy it, and paste it into DAS. There's also a bunch of other scripts on the Hotkey sheet of the workbook if you scroll down."

I looked through all the pages on this post and also searched(forum) for the Excel Configurator and did not see it, where do I locate this excel? You also stated that there a bunch of other hotkey scripts on the HK sheet of the workbook, are you referring to these being located on the same excel?

It's located in the first post under "Instructions for Configuration" section, there's a link at item #1.  I know the first post is rather dense, so it can be hard to see. And yes, everything is in that file.

1 hour ago, Jermaine Toves said:

Hey Kyle,

I am having a really difficult time with setting up my hot keys. I followed a BBT Youtube tutorial on your hot keys and watched your webinar but for some reason my keys are not working the way I thought they would.

One example: Long $100 Risk - StopPrice=Price-0.01;DefShare=BP*0.97;Price=Ask-Price+0.01;SShare=100/Price;Share=DefShare-SShare;DefShare=DefShare+SShare;SShare=Share;Sshare=DefShare-SShare;Share=0.5*SShare;TogSShare;ROUTE=MARKET;Price= Ask+0.05;TIF=DAY+;BUY=Send;DefShare=200;TriggerOrder=RT:STOP STOPTYPE:MARKET PX:StopPrice-0.3 ACT:SELL STOPPRICE:StopPrice QTY:Pos TIF:DAY+;

When I tried this morning and yesterday morning I found that the stop loss order never showed up on the queue. What am I missing? Thank you for all your help and dedication on this. I've learned a ton already.

I would recommend changing the first route from "ROUTE=MARKET;" to "ROUTE=LIMIT;"  (not the one in the TriggerOrder portion). Also, are you in Replay Mode or Live Mode? TriggerOrders don't work in ReplayMode, so they won't show up. Setting it manually without a Trigger is only available in the beta versions of DAS as it was recently added. So in ReplayMode you won't get a Stop Order like you would trading live.

If this is occurring while you're trading live in SIM, let me know.

Edited by KyleK29
  • Like 2

---------------------------------------------------------
Profile / Project Pages (Dynamic Hotkeys, StreamDeck Files, and other contributions are located here)

Hi Jermaine,

Have to change the montage style to specific type such as "stop order" . It is described in Kyle's troubleshooting guide. By default it is set to "default" style. I had the same issue. Then I read the troubleshooting guide.

3 hours ago, Jermaine Toves said:

Hey Kyle,

Hi Jermaine,

Have to change the montage style to specific style such as "stop order" . It is described in Kyle's troubleshooting guide. By default it is set to "default" style. I had the same issue. Then I read the troubleshooting guide. Right click on the montage on the right side of the area where you enter the price

5 hours ago, Alam said:

Hi Jermaine,

Have to change the montage style to specific style such as "stop order" . It is described in Kyle's troubleshooting guide. By default it is set to "default" style. I had the same issue. Then I read the troubleshooting guide. Right click on the montage on the right side of the area where you enter the price

Thank you Alam! I think this was it. I didn't see that part to things and it does look the same as the Youtube video. Fingers crossed for tomorrow.

Cheers,

I have asked Jason He from DAS...I have asked in the chatroom, under support and not and nothing has worked yet.

Issue: Key level target order not being bought (order set using default montage button).

Example: I have a long position and have X shares based on a dollar risk HK, I sell 25% of position with HK, then I set my breakeven HK stop-loss, but now I want to set a target order to sell X amount of shares at a key level so I type in the amount of shares in the montage and place a 'SHRT' order because 'SELL' is not available (this order is done using the default montage button), DAS_Jason tells me 'SELL' becomes 'SHRT' because I have two open orders in the open order window, one a BE stop and the other what I believe to be a range order, BUT the'SELL' button became 'SHRT' because the cumulative amount of shares in the open order window is a larger quantity then what my actual position is. (my actual position = 309, I want to sell 100 shares at 151.49 - order gets skipped so I sold with HK. If you sum up the open order shares they = 409, which is > my actual position).

Question: How do I set a partialing order at a key level using the montage without having to remove my stop-loss (in this case BE SL) or protection from the trade going opposite my position? or does it have to be another HK?

image.png.5891f78b145b9b70000053d20b040e5b.png

image.png.7a24095d032d08ae5c45921af0ded457.png

image.png.0635fc74debda450a2619388f8ae86b7.png